Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677
Results 2,281 to 2,302 of 2302

Thread: BREXIT - Merged thread.

If it's in the Gardening - yes !

Very interesting article here, worth a read.

http://www.jayrayner.co.uk/news/mich...ce-of-my-mind/

We're doomed Mr Mainwaring, we're doomed !

What a farrago of rubbish. Taking just one of his sillier alarms: For the last four decades or more we've been swamped with a huge surplus of cheap, readily available surfeit of a wide variety of foodstuffs which have done nothing more than create a sick population experiencing a range of debilitating lifestyle diseases costing the British taxpayer via the NHS, a mountain of cash with no apparent end in sight.

After 1942 and thanks to a program of home cultivation of every conceivable square foot of land that would sustain the growth of foodstuffs, we became better than 80% self sufficient in a limited range of basic foods. As a direct consequence, the incidence of lifestyle diseases of the type to which we as a nation are now so prone, declined dramatically.

Yes, we were still experiencing the diseases of deprivation. Yes. infant mortality, for a first world country, was far higher than it should have been but, then, the diseases of childhood, diphtheria; chickenpox; mumps, measles etc. hadn't yet been overcome with targeted immunisation.

Rayner prattles on about the economic factors of Brexit. He conveniently omits from his thesis that Brexit was primarily about home rule, not an economic balance sheet. And on that point I see that yet another swivel eyed leftie loon of a judge has been appointed to head the Supreme Court - Gawd 'elp us !

Primarily about home rule? Not according to the creepy weasely Gove.....

Name:  IMG_0028.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  146.4 KB

I'lll take your fatrrago of rubbish and raise you a pile of w**k.

Availabilty of a wide variety of foodstuffs does not a sick population make. That's just blatant nonsense, the opposite of reality, and you know it. Fast food and too much salt, sugar and additives might - but I'd enjoy watching you wriggle about trying to blame that on the EU.

You really are like something from a seventies sitcom.. you think 'fancy foreign muck' is making us ill?
    Last edited by Beermat; 23rd July 2017 at 12:21.

Not really. Just too much of it coupled with human greed.

Beermat, you do need to raise your 'game' !

No, John, you need to start from a logical position. You claim that a limited range of foods is healthier than a wide choice. Poppycock.
    Last edited by Beermat; 23rd July 2017 at 17:33.

It's not that we are eating more, it's just that we are doing less. A miner or a steelworker, a fisherman or a docker could healthily consume the amount of calories that would kill a man now. In fact it frequently does, because our diet has not adapted enough. That is the point, John - it's not the change in our diet, it the resistance to change. Trying to blame this on the fact we're not rationed any more is proper cartoon retired colonel stuff.
    Last edited by Beermat; 23rd July 2017 at 20:15.

You can squeak all you like; you fly in the face of the known facts.

We are eating more AND doing less. The combination is lethal. Less food on the table would mean that 'doing less' would not be a threat and still we would not starve. Eating as we do and doing less means that we lay down more fat, that equals a storm of diabetes and a tornado of cardiovascular disease. We won't go into the muscular-skeletal impact resulting in a tidal wave of hip and knee joint replacements.

The only proven method of extending life is to restrict calorie intake. It is very reasonable to make an assumption that health responds in the same way. Let the people of Okinawa inform you !

Don"t normally do this, but as you are so keen on 'known facts' please read

https://www.ifs.org.uk/bns/bn142.pdf

https://iea.org.uk/in-the-media/press-release/inactivity-not-calorie-consumption-behind-rising-obesity-in-the-uk

Or, if you you think it's a left wing plot:

www.telegraph.co.uk/health/dietandfitness/10126042/Britons-getting-fatter-despite-consuming-fewer-calories.html

Telling you that you were talking crap is not squeaking. It is telling you that you were talking crap. And you know it. That is why you shifted your argument away from variety to focus on calorie intake and in fact restated what I had just said, with the same conclusion about reducing intake but without the historical context to show up the falacious part of your argument. Then you claim that I fly in the face of 'all known facts' when essentially saying the same as you but in context.

What 'known facts' are these then John? The working class get too much to eat these days and are stupid? Things were better when we had proper malnutrition in our population, everyone knew their place and you could leave your door open, hell in a handcart, liberal lefties, no respect drone drone.. Come on, let's hear the ones you feel are apposite to this particular theory.
    Last edited by Beermat; 23rd July 2017 at 20:11.

It's all ok, food shortage averted.....

http://news.sky.com/story/liam-fox-o...icken-10959270
    Last edited by Agent K; 24th July 2017 at 07:27.

I hope that the nutritional needs of the young Beermat's are served by Mrs. Beermat taking care of the victualing in your household !

Once it is cooked you won't know the difference and you won't be getting a 'healthy' dose of potentially, life limiting bacteria.

So the JG recipie is: Take chicken, allow incubation of bacteria, add chlorine, then cook until you can't taste it.

If that's your approach to food I'd rather the bairns ate Mrs Beermat's fare than anything from your kitchen!
    Last edited by Beermat; 24th July 2017 at 09:45.
    www.whirlwindfighterproject.org
    It's all good. Probably.

For you, there is little to worry about. Frequent visits to your favourite ethnic eaterie have probably conferred an enviable inoculation !

How to win votes and promise the world....... then renege on it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7856161.html

My favourire 'ethnic' eaterie is the last greasy spoon in Cambridge. You're probably right.

Tony, that story was a fabrication by a chap called Robbie Gibb, editor of the BBC 'Daily Politics' programme and PR advisor to Theresa May. Jeremy Corbyn has never at any time said he would write off all student debt. He did say the problem would be addressed.
    Last edited by Beermat; 24th July 2017 at 21:59.

Jeremy would do well on this forum; It's not so much as what your read or hear; it's what you THINK you want to read or hear !

Ohh come on Gentlemen, play fair, why let truth get in the way of a good story.

BTW John, had the Brie and Bacon Baguette and it was as it says on the tin, delicious, wine too.

Envy has few limits ! I can think of only one other that might pinch first prize; ripe Stilton with the bacon mixed.

I'll now get a broadside from Beermat on the iniquities of my nutrition !

Indeed. Why let truth get in the way of a good story. The one you quoted came from Central Office. It's a good one. But then I hear a chorus of Tories going 'la la la, can't hear you' with hands firmly over ears when it's shown to be a fabrication - which is what the article you posted was saying, if you care to read it!

John, why would I give a toss about your choice of baguette?

Dont worry John, these lefties probably think a baguette is some sort of contraption for carrying their shopping home...

Last edited by TonyT; 25th July 2017 at 13:31.

Thread Information