Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1612

Thread: SAAB Gripen and Gripen NG thread #4

Quote Originally Posted by Buitreaux View Post
    It is a fabrication Alexandros, a photoshop kind of picture. Be creative, and show us your finished work!

Higher res: https://images4.alphacoders.com/746/746149.jpg
    Really good job though! Thanks Buitreaux for the info, i'll post it as soon as it has been finished.

Sweden has an initial clearance from the U.S. for selling its Gripen fighter to India with American engines, said Jan Salestrand, State Secretary in the Swedish Ministry of Defence.
    read more: http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...le17309187.ece

In addition to a Gripen final assembly facility, Saab and local partner Embraer have set up a Gripen Design and Development Network (GDDN) as the local hub for technology transfer and fighter development. For India, Saab is proposing to produce an initial batch of aircraft in Sweden (as it is doing for Brazil), while local production facilities are being built.

The Saab offer includes the creation of a full manufacturing facility; transfer of state-of-the-art technology; setting up of an aerospace eco-system in India; creation of a local supplier base of ancillary systems; employment of a well-trained Indian workforce. Engineers would be trained in Sweden.

Separately, Saab is proposing the Gripen M in response to the Indian Navy requirement for a carrier-borne fighter.

At the show, Saab is also highlighting the “low-risk” sensor package it is offering for the Indian Tejas Mk1A light combat aircraft. The package consist of a Saab Airborne Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar closely integrated with a compact electronic warfare suite using Gallium Nitride based AESA technology.
    Full story: http://www.aircosmosinternational.co...uirement-90003

Rumour(?) on facebook:

India's Minister of Defence reported to have said that Gripen would be made in India.
    Sum ergo cogito

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire9 View Post
    Rumour(?) on facebook:

India's Minister of Defence reported to have said that Gripen would be made in India.
    Well this is not a rumor!? If Gripen is chosen then it will of course be made in India (likewise if F-16 is chosen, it will be made in India). This is a requirement I believe.

Or am I misinterpreting something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    Hello to everyone, i'm new around here.
    I would like to ask if there are any other photos (walk around) of the promo Gripen for the Brazilian Air Force.
    Attachment 251339

I'll use them for modeling purposes, i'd like to paint it as it's shown at the photo but need reference from the lower part.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex
    It is an RC Model. Search for "Gripen RC crash" on Youtube and You will find it

Was fortunate to fly on the Gripen D again at Aero India - This is my third sortie on the Gripen .. actually my fifth ... since two of the sorties from Linkoping involved landing, hot refuelling and taking off again. Was lucky to have flown on the Gripen NG prototype in one of the earlier sorties and believe I may be the first civilian to have experienced super-cruise. Anyway, here are a few images from my sortie a few days back. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by VishnuSom View Post
    Some great shots thanks. How ever many civvies have super cruised going way back as the Lightening's and many more could and did with civvies on joy rides and promos

First civilian to supercruise!!! Beat me to it. But the I guess someone had to be first.
    Sum ergo cogito

First civvie to supercruise in the Gripen is what I was told ... This was in 2011 ... Have written about it extensively as well ... Happy to be proven wrong. Cheers.

http://saabgroup.com/Media/news-pres...-possible-get/

First civvie to supercruise in the Gripen is what I was told ... This was in 2011 ... Have written about it extensively as well ... Happy to be proven wrong. Cheers.

http://saabgroup.com/Media/news-pres...-possible-get/

thanks for being clear love the pics and the ones in Tejas luck man happy flying

All these images ... by the way ... taken on an iPhone 6 plus ... not a professional camera per se .. Am amazed at the quality .. Yes, lighting conditions were perfect but still ...

Was fortunate to fly on the Gripen D again at Aero India -
    Cool! Gz man

\\Dan
    Latencia Profecionalis

Was fortunate to fly on the Gripen D again at Aero India - This is my third sortie on the Gripen .. actually my fifth ... since two of the sorties from Linkoping involved landing, hot refuelling and taking off again. Was lucky to have flown on the Gripen NG prototype in one of the earlier sorties and believe I may be the first civilian to have experienced super-cruise. Anyway, here are a few images from my sortie a few days back. Enjoy.

I have some good news and bad news .

The good news is that Gripen Demo has been the only twin seater fighter capable to fly at supercruise, so it is highly possible that you are the first civilian has been obtained this, then my congratulations.

Indeed I did not want to break you, but I have to tell you the truth that has been omitted from you since 2011, in fact you did not fly the Gripen NG but the Gripen Demo that were converted from Gripen D to use the F414 engine instead the F404 from Gripen D.

Although the Gripen Demo and Gripen NG should have been keeping several parts in common such as 60% of the airframe and the engine F414, yet the Gripen Demo is quite different from the Gripen NG, once the Gripen Demo hasn't been used even like test bench from software from Gripen NG, despite the Gripen NG has been developed for almost 15 years.

Another bad news is that aircraft carrier Sao Paulo (ex-Foch) from Brazilian Navy will be withdrawn from service once its modernization plan from DCN has been abandoned by the Brazilian Navy.

In fact, such program to extend the useful life and modernize such aircraft carrier with 32,000 t for US$ 1 Billion does not seem very costly, but the program would have been taking almost 10 years to be complete, so there were lots of doubt from Brazil Navy about the feasibility of this program as well as its end cost after 10 years.

There are not definition about the replacement of the Sao Paulo aircraft carrier, since the cut of resources has been generalized among Brazilian military forces, even the acquisition of the SAM SA 22 Panstir S 1 were also canceled by Brazil.

So far the acquisition of the 36 Gripen NG has not been affected since it will be financed by the Government of Sweden through loans to Brazil.

However about the supposed development of the Sea Gripen or Gripen M for the Brazil this plans has been disappeared from radar screen across the Never Land.

I may be the first civilian to have experienced super-cruise.
    I hate to rain on your parade but...

Name:  _85634751_85634750.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  24.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by maurobaggio View Post
    However about the supposed development of the Sea Gripen or Gripen M for the Brazil this plans has been disappeared from radar screen across the Never Land.
    I read that they do go ahead with those plans.

Quote Originally Posted by hopsalot View Post
    I was going to point out the same, but it was clarifyed that he meant in the Gripen.

Quote Originally Posted by Buitreaux View Post
    I read that they do go ahead with those plans.

I was going to point out the same, but it was clarifyed that he meant in the Gripen.
    Certainly not, they just decided to scrap their carrier.

The good news is that Gripen Demo has been the only twin seater fighter capable to fly at supercruise, so it is highly possible that you are the first civilian has been obtained this, then my congratulations.

Indeed I did not want to break you, but I have to tell you the truth that has been omitted from you since 2011, in fact you did not fly the Gripen NG but the Gripen Demo that were converted from Gripen D to use the F414 engine instead the F404 from Gripen D.

Although the Gripen Demo and Gripen NG should have been keeping several parts in common such as 60% of the airframe and the engine F414, yet the Gripen Demo is quite different from the Gripen NG, once the Gripen Demo hasn't been used even like test bench from software from Gripen NG, despite the Gripen NG has been developed for almost 15 years.

Another bad news is that aircraft carrier Sao Paulo (ex-Foch) from Brazilian Navy will be withdrawn from service once its modernization plan from DCN has been abandoned by the Brazilian Navy.

In fact, such program to extend the useful life and modernize such aircraft carrier with 32,000 t for US$ 1 Billion does not seem very costly, but the program would have been taking almost 10 years to be complete, so there were lots of doubt from Brazil Navy about the feasibility of this program as well as its end cost after 10 years.

There are not definition about the replacement of the Sao Paulo aircraft carrier, since the cut of resources has been generalized among Brazilian military forces, even the acquisition of the SAM SA 22 Panstir S 1 were also canceled by Brazil.

So far the acquisition of the 36 Gripen NG has not been affected since it will be financed by the Government of Sweden through loans to Brazil.

SAAB has just proposed the Gripen M to India, so it is still a possibility,
    but a shared development for India and Brazil would have been a stronger proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by APRichelieu View Post
    SAAB has just proposed the Gripen M to India, so it is still a possibility,
    but a shared development for India and Brazil would have been a stronger proposition.
    And India precised they wanted twin engines only for their Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweene View Post
    Certainly not, they just decided to scrap their carrier.
    Alraight, you don't want to take my word for it, here is the actual statement, in the original language. You do the translation if you ar not proficient in portuguese:

"Excluído o plano de recuperação do porta-aviões, as prioridades de reequipamento da Marinha passam a ser os programas de construção de uma frota estratégica de submarinos, um dos quais de propulsão nuclear, e de novas corvetas médias da classe Tamandaré. Na próxima década, segundo apurou o Estado, será lançado o projeto de desenvolvimento no País de um porta-aviões de tecnologia nacional, equipado com aviões de ataque brasileiros. Grande parte dos recursos de bordo, incorporados ao longo do tempo durante operações de atualização de sistemas, será removida e reinstalada em outras embarcações. A atualização dos jatos de ataque Skyhawk, a cargo da Embraer, será mantida."

Source: http://politica.estadao.com.br/notic...is,70001665945

The Carrier-version of Gripen was never gonna happen. Even if Brazil kept their carrier and went through with the plans to build another one it is highly likely that the navy would have conducted their own procurement and gone with one of the established carrier planes. Possible even second hand planes from the US. The opportunity in Brazil is for more Gripens to the air force.

For India it will be a long time before they have a catobar carrier. When that time comes they will most likely be cleared to buy the F-35C, which by that time will certainly have a much more attractive price.

i believe brazil has the intention to build both carriers and naval gripen,
    all their work with grumman e-2 and sao paulo is not just to create jobs and spending money on something.

here is the translated text

Excluding the aircraft carrier's recovery plan, the navy's retrofitting priorities become programs for the construction of a strategic fleet of submarines, one of them nuclear propulsion, and new medium-sized Tamandaré corvettes. In the next decade, according to the State, the project for the development of a national technology aircraft carrier equipped with Brazilian attack aircraft will be launched. Most of the on-board resources, built in over time during system upgrade operations, will be removed and reinstalled on other vessels. The upgrade of the Embraer Skyhawk jets will be maintained.

Hi there ... I know I flew on the Gripen Demo ... so nope, I was not `broken' by any means ! The words "Gripen Demo" and "Gripen NG prototype" were used interchangeably by SAAB - they meant one and the same thing and quite clearly, there are multiple versions of prototypes so 'Gripen NG prototype' remains accurate. That said, the jet I flew on was indeed a test-bed .. it did not feature the Selex Vixen ES-05 AESA at the time of the sortie. There was a fair bit of test instrumentation onboard I was told. The performance of the fighter was simply incredible. In fact, the Swedish Air Force pilot who flew me the other day mentioned that keeping up with the F-414 engined Gripen prototype was quite a challenge for pilots flying Gripens using the F-404. Here are a few images from that sortie .. the same one in which we supercruised. That's me in the backseat of the NG Prototype ...

These images have been taken by Jamie Hunter ...

Quote Originally Posted by hopsalot View Post
    You haven't rained on my parade ! As clarified in an earlier post .... something you evidently missed .. I explained how I was the first civilian to supercruise on the Gripen NG prototype, an account of which was partially published by SAAB - see the link I posted earlier ... Thanks

Thread Information