Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: A-W Meteor NF.14 WS788 Restoration Thread

Yes, the pictures are all there. Great work by all concerned, very well done. I look forward to seeing it at first hand later in the summer.

I can see about 3/4 of them on my phone, some have a message instead saying that the privacy settings might have been changed...

Just checking; can everyone see the pictures ok?
    Sorry, not seeing anything but your text and blank spaces where the photos should be.
    The garage that keeps on giving

I've got half of the pictures visible, several where only the top part is showing and I have to click on that to get to the Facebook page to see the full picture, and a few where there is just a blank box with a message about privacy settings.

As with '788: work in progress....
    A Little VC10derness - A Tribute to the Vickers VC10 - www.VC10.net

I can see your latest pictures, I'm glad to say. More power to your elbow Sir!

So it seems to vary then. How odd.

Plan B needed methinks...
    Restoring Meteor NF.14 WS788, one rusty nail at a time...

I'd certainly recommend Flickr, I get 1TB free storage which is way more than Photobucket ever gave.
    Armchair enthusiast, but also a fan of sofas and recliners.

flickr is apparent worth a go.

The thread has been rendered useless by the Photobucket. Its there nothing that can be done ?
    It looks like the images are still available but by double clicking the images your directed to Photobucket's own website and you have to suffer their advertising.

This link might prove useful to PB users as it explains how to copy out the whole photo library so you can at least start to rebuild you life.
    http://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/pho...hosted-images/

Your Flickr posts are great please continue, but I am only see about half of each image, might this be a file size issue ?

Hopefully one of your 'helpers' can be allowed to ferret around PB and move all your archive photos to FB. Would be a great shame to lose them from public view.

I'm curious to know if it's such an obstacle these days for the forum to host the images itself. Surely it's in the interests of the site owner to archive the text and the images because one without the other is useless.
    Regards

Ron

"History should always be studied in the morning, before anything else can happen."
    Charles M. Schulz 1923-2000

Hosting images takes mega bandwidth and costs big $$$ unfortunately.

I have all the pics saved on a HDD, so there is no fear of losing them. However reposting all the pics from the beginning of the project to now would take far more spare time than I have i'm afraid.
    Perhaps, if I ever do 'the book', the pics will re-emerge then...?
    Meanwhile, cheeky plug time. We are trying to get our slush fund for consumables, small items for the jet etc looking a little healthier. To do this over the coming weeks we will be selling off a few surplus items. If anyone is interested we are currently auctioning off 788's old ex-Tornado pitot over on our FB page. Bidding ends at 1800 hours today (Sunday 16 July)
    Every little helps!
    Restoring Meteor NF.14 WS788, one rusty nail at a time...

Hosting images takes mega bandwidth and costs big $$$ unfortunately.
    Arguably it's a cost of doing business and it's getting cheaper all the time.
    Regards

Ron

"History should always be studied in the morning, before anything else can happen."
    Charles M. Schulz 1923-2000

In limbo between Northamptonshire and Yorkshire
    Just been enjoying this thread from beginning to now. As someone else posted it brings a smile to the face.

Once we've settled in to our new Yorkshire abode I will be across to YAM to savour all the delights -but especially this beauty. Keep up the good work team!!

Thread Information