Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 3 of 213 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia moving tac air troops to Syria

No, you need to deal in fact not conspiracy. It is historical fact that the CIA can have had nothing to do with the creation of Wahabism, much as Jean Marie Le Pen (I pluck the name out of the air) cannot have written the Arabian Nights.

I think you are mixing up facts & beliefs. What makes you so confident in your own belief? Saw it in a James Bond movie?

Perhaps you could start up a thread in the Nicholas10 conspiracy section of this forum?

I don't suppose Russia or Assad care whether French conspiracy theory misunderstands World History, and if it gives you some comfort to interpret an incredibly complicated situation in such a bizarre way, then I wish you well.

IMO Russia will not be bombing ISIS but rather they will bomb Nusra which have taken over Idlib. Idlib is crucial because it is right next to Latakia.
    Last edited by Captain Ouuf; 20th September 2015 at 15:55.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmalaya View Post
    Perhaps you could start up a thread in the Nicholas10 conspiracy section of this forum?

I don't suppose Russia or Assad care whether French conspiracy theory misunderstands World History, and if it gives you some comfort to interpret an incredibly complicated situation in such a bizarre way, then I wish you well.
    While you are only capable of quoting a bond movie, I gave you a couple of good sources to begin looking into middle eastern geopolitics. What you do with them is your own business, and I will leave it there in order not to pollute the thread with your sarcasm.

Nic

No dear boy, the Bond reference (which you haven't bothered to look at) was linked to your view of media making events that's all. Don't hide behind it, go and read your history of the Arab People then come back to Syria.
    Last edited by mrmalaya; 20th September 2015 at 16:31.

If Russia openly start bombing anyone it will make management of the airspace interesting though won't it?

I never claimed anything wrt the situation in Syria, I just countered the argument that Russia had nothing to do with fundamental islam.

Nic

If Russia openly start bombing anyone it will make management of the airspace interesting though won't it?

No because the US don't bomb Nusra and Russia don't bomb ISIS. They won't be crossing paths. The US will operate in eastern Syria. Russia will operate in Idlib.

They have to coordinate in that sort of situation. Whilst we all want the great powers to be buddies, it's certainly a novel situation with no clear end game and lots of potential for misunderstandings.

They have to coordinate in that sort of situation. Whilst we all want the great powers to be buddies, it's certainly a novel situation with no clear end game and lots of potential for misunderstandings.
    Buddies? Yea right. Russia and the US are state enemies.

Yes.. But who is Gondor and who is Mordor here..?
    The lines are so blurred these days..

Quote Originally Posted by haavarla View Post
    Yes.. But who is Gondor and who is Mordor here..?
    The lines are so blurred these days..
    Both are good.

But how do the Coaltion and Russia/Syrian government pick targets? How do they operate alongside each other when they are so wary of the other side watching what they do and how they do it? Who points the finger when there are civilian casualties from the Russian air strikes?

Is it really likely that Russia will actively get its military involved in anything other than carving out an enclave for Assad?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas10 View Post
    Are you kidding? Wahabbism was created by the CIA especially to destabilize the Russian islamic republics.

Nic
    Wahhabism was created by Muhhamad Wahhab in the 1700s, this dude hardly qualifies as a CIA assett.

Now, the fact that later in history they were used by americans to get the russians should be no surprise, their fanaticism was well known.

Where them beloved americans fvucked up was in the foresight department, blowback effect and all

But how do the Coaltion and Russia/Syrian government pick targets? How do they operate alongside each other when they are so wary of the other side watching what they do and how they do it? Who points the finger when there are civilian casualties from the Russian air strikes?

Is it really likely that Russia will actively get its military involved in anything other than carving out an enclave for Assad?
    Syrian soldiers on the ground call in airstrikes. Su-30SMs blast with PGMs. Assad will never give up Idlib. It's too close to Latakia for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    ISIS is not Russias problem they never threatned to invade or attack Russia , so whats the point attacking team , its like making enemies when there is none.
    ISIS already considers Russia an enemy, Wahhabism has already come to Kavkaz unfortunately, and Russia has already been supplying Iraq with weapons explicitly to kill ISIS.
    This changes nothing from an ISIS in relation to dislking Russia.

Also, there are thousands of Russian citizens (from Kavkaz, particularly Chechnya) who has unfortunately joined ISIS and AL-nusra and other extremists in the region.
    So it is a Russian problem in a serious way.

I don't want those people coming back to a region that is 100 miles from Mahachkala, Dagestan where my family lives.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mikoyan View Post
    Wahhabism was created by Muhhamad Wahhab in the 1700s, this dude hardly qualifies as a CIA assett.

Now, the fact that later in history they were used by americans to get the russians should be no surprise, their fanaticism was well known.

Where them beloved americans fvucked up was in the foresight department, blowback effect and all
    Yeah they didn't "invent" it per se, but they are the ones who made it relevant again in order to p1ss in Russian cornflakes.

Nic

Quote Originally Posted by Berkut View Post

Seriously tho; what IS happening? Is it just Russia giving a hug to Assad (**** that) or will they actively pound ISIS? (**** yeah) If the later, it would make more sense to send over Su-34's, as good as Su-30SM's are.
    Tu-22M3M .

Actually that would be great to see- with external pod + huge load of precision munitions.

The feet dragging with both by the MOD is going to be a handycap right now, unless they start rushing orders for combat testing.

Quote Originally Posted by TR1 View Post
    Look like Su-24

Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    Flanker is not suitable for this kind of role. Flanker only role is loitering to produce radar image and EW support. It need FAB-3000 and FAB-5000 from Tu-22M. it is too reshape the battlefield in such a way that some others lured into it. I think they need to install S-400 in Syria. that will cover aerspace well into Mediteranean/Irak/Turkey/Israel.
    it will be the most profitable adventure in Russia history.
    But Russia sent Su-30 multirole fighters not the Su-27. Su-30 is multi-role right? It can carry smart bombs.

I dont think Russia will install S-400 in Syria. Why sould they make easy to US and NATO to colect ELINT signals from it?
    Older S-300 versions will do just fine after all they don´t want to shotdown NATO aircrafts.

Quote Originally Posted by soyuz1917 View Post
    Since when is dropping large bombs somehow a problem? This is the Soviets we are talking about. If there is a blade of grass NOT burnt or a building anywhere still standing they aren't living up to their fullest potential. The bigger the bomb the better.
    I believe this is the motto of the soviet artillery not the air force.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    ISIS is not Russias problem they never threatned to invade or attack Russia , so whats the point attacking team , its like making enemies when there is none.
    They did not atack Russia with this new brand. ISIS is only the new label of Al Qaeda. In the 80´s they were the mujahedeens or "freedom fighters".

Russia was atacked in the past by the al-Jihad-Fisi-Sabililah Special Islamic Regiment (Moscow Theatre) and Caucasus Emirate(Beslan) and others in the Caucausus region. They´re all like ISIS and have roots in a certain wealthy oil producer in the Gulf region.

There are chechen terrorists fighting with ISIS. It would be a preemptive strike by the russians. Syria and Iraq are training grounds for these terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Boy View Post
    But Russia sent Su-30 multirole fighters not the Su-27. Su-30 is multi-role right? It can carry smart bombs.
    Su-30 is too small for this kind of tasks and Su-30 only used for AAM and EW role. Once you put AAM/EW pods into fighter. it does not carry that much strike load.. I not even including the Anbar province in Iraq. It is target rich environment on vast area.

I dont think Russia will install S-400 in Syria. Why sould they make easy to US and NATO to colect ELINT signals from it?
    Older S-300 versions will do just fine after all they don´t want to shotdown NATO aircrafts.
    there is S400 very near to Turkey on other side. S-400 at Syria will extend air defence zone into Mediternean Sea/Turkey/Israel. so Nato will not park Aircraft carrier there.
    I will even suggest they put S-400 into Southern Irak.

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/orig...ain-yemen.html
    With over $100 billion already spent on conventional military expansion in the past five years and another extra $50 billion allocated over the next two years, the Saudis are fully committed to and capable of out-powering the Iranians.
    Saudi military planners have already started looking at potential scenarios where Riyadh could use air power to provide cover for anti-Assad forces not linked to terrorist groups. Sooner or later, a Saudi coalition will get involved in Syria, and it will become the largest and most dangerous front in the conflict between the kingdom, its Arab allies and Iran.
    My prediction is if Ruaf really do hard hitting strikes over extended period of time. Saudi government will be either overthrown by Islamists for being incompetent in stopping it or they will join full frontal war. . either case is highly beneficial for Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy77 View Post
    Look like Su-24
    Why would they fly in formation with a tanker exposing themselves so low?
    Probably a video from a parade unless the RU MoD want to celebrate V-day before even going to battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy77 View Post
    Look like Su-24
    Make sense, given that also Syaaf have them in its own inventory logistical problems would not be so big like in the case of Su-30 or even Su-25.

Quote Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
    Probably a video from a parade unless the RU MoD want to celebrate V-day before even going to battle.
    Nah, that looks legit.. I think they're out of the reach of MANPADS, anyway and ISIS have no air defence.

They are not. Look at the tree-top caught in the frame at the end of the vid

Name:  Vid-a150920.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  16.7 KB
    Last edited by TomcatViP; 20th September 2015 at 21:05.

Quote Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
    The guy talking seems to say "Russia" in between the typical Allah Akbar-ing.

Thread Information