Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 212 of 220 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,360 of 6590

Thread: Russia moving tac air troops to Syria

Erdogan has switching sides in this conflict several times, his loyalty is to the highest bidder, which will be the Coalition
    he could have stopped this shipment, closed the border, kicked out the Coalition from his air bases...
    but he hasn't, because an independent Kurdistan is the last Coalition option here, so he'll have to accept that

nor is this a bad thing for him, it allows him to keep his country in a perpetual state of war, every dictator's wet dream

RT Arabic Victory Day parade video from Khmiemim airbase gives us a glimpse of 3 Russian special aircrafts - 1 x A-50 and possibly 2 x IL-20M (one looks like an upgraded variant) and another smaller turboprop with high mount engines which I cant recognise. Probably an An-140?

Yesterday Syrian blogs posted an aircraft claiming it to be a Tu-214R...from the pic it doesn't look so..
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_hzYPjXoAArfhL.jpgrig

Good report from Russian airbase.

Syria as of 11th May 2017

Syrian army and allies are advancing in parallel in the south east direction to reach the Iraqi border, this was initiated as a response to the Jihadi coalition moving along the Jordanian border.

The Syrians are progressing slowly towards the Iraqi border with some old Russian AD stuff taking into account the Jihadi airforces. But these are not adequate, they need few Tungushka or Pantsir and Buk-M2s to really have some decent bubble considering that not much of an air cover is going to be there.

The long march towards Iraqi border without much of an air cover.

Russian Special Operations Forces (SSO) servicemen were awarded for repelling murican allies attack on their position in Aleppo. 16 men were on a mission to aid the VKS in their strikes on Jihadi positions, and in the course of their deployment, they had to fight off almost 300 Jihadis over a period of 2 days. Not sure when and exactly where it happened, but this was most likely before the start of the final Aleppo battle when the Jihadis made gains on the Syrian defensive positions in the western sector. These guys act independently of the Syrian forces.

I'm going to ask an utterly stupid question. Are there any Russian nukes in Syria?

I know it's a ridiculous question but I have someone telling me that there are.

That someone is a moron. No they dont have any nukes in Syria.

There is zippo need for tactical nukes in Syria. Even as means of deterence. I don't think Russia has strategical Subs in Middle terrainien eigther. VKS bomber fleet is deterence enough.

I'm going to ask an utterly stupid question. Are there any Russian nukes in Syria?

I know it's a ridiculous question but I have someone telling me that there are
    i will think they will have nukes. you cant rely on ICBM and bomber for short range work.

There is no Russian nuclear weapon in Syria. Only chemical. Russians bombed by zarin of unfortunate terrorists

I'd imagine Israel would have been more than a little upset if Russia had moved nukes into Syria too.

Quote Originally Posted by JangBoGo
    RT Arabic Victory Day parade video from Khmiemim airbase gives us a glimpse of 3 Russian special aircrafts - 1 x A-50 and possibly 2 x IL-20M (one looks like an upgraded variant) and another smaller turboprop with high mount engines which I cant recognise. Probably an An-140?
    Which minute?

There is no Russian nuclear weapon in Syria. Only chemical. Russians bombed by zarin of unfortunate terrorists
    I've been told now to ask about Yauza ship sighting wrt nuclear weapons and Syria.

Berkut taking the classy road like usual.. Even when the poster was open about the question.

Anyway. There was rumors on Twitter awhile back that Russia was bringing in tactical nukes as a deterrent and as a defacto human shield of sorts. These rumors were going around just after the western axis shot missiles over the Russian's heads in Syria and then started talking regime change.

Laugh all you want about the rumors. What options did Russia really have if the US was planning on contesting Russia's no fly zone ? Would the US not be a bit more cautious if they knew that there was tactical nukes sprinkled around Russia's presence ? That might get hit by bombs if a hot war started ? It wasn't about using them. It was about the risk of hitting them in a hot war

It doesn't matter. Russia don't need NC deterence around Syria. Everybody know Russia has Nukes located elsewhere and in numbers.
    Its much more important to have other means of deterence like S-400 Systems.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB View Post
    Berkut taking the classy road like usual.. Even when the poster was open about the question.

Anyway. There was rumors on Twitter awhile back that Russia was bringing in tactical nukes as a deterrent and as a defacto human shield of sorts. These rumors were going around just after the western axis shot missiles over the Russian's heads in Syria and then started talking regime change.

Laugh all you want about the rumors. What options did Russia really have if the US was planning on contesting Russia's no fly zone ? Would the US not be a bit more cautious if they knew that there was tactical nukes sprinkled around Russia's presence ? That might get hit by bombs if a hot war started ? It wasn't about using them. It was about the risk of hitting them in a hot war
    1st
    If US pulled such stunt (which they won't!), then the US has some weak spots themself in Syria. One is the Airbase in eastern Syria which US use to supply the Kurds.

2nd
    would be the static USMarines artilery camp close to Raqqah. US knows these two locations are legally very weak on UN charts. As well as any other law arena. US has not been invited in to Syria, but Russia have.

3rd
    Russia can with ease strike those two US locations from well outside the Syrian borders.
    Last edited by haavarla; 17th May 2017 at 19:05.

The allegation was pretty ridiculous in also claiming a nuclear-tipped S-400 missile, which I'm pretty sure doesn't even exist operationally, only in stockpile.
    Last edited by Ryan; 17th May 2017 at 18:01.

Last weekend, the Syrian army captured Jirah airbase in north east Aleppo and pocketed few villages surrounding it this week and continue to advance with the help of a handful of Russian and Syrian airstrikes. Its almost a wastage to use hight flying aircrafts to fight the guys in deserts, the helo gunships would have been the best assets in these areas.

The southern deserts info is getting blacked out and some reports say the Syrian army is around 25Km from the Iraqi border. It remains to be seen what the Jihadi coalition is going to do whose main objective is to create a safe sanctuary for Jhadis along the borders and keep the Syrian theatre hot for as long as possible. Below shows the likely position last week.

Ariel shots of murican/Jordanian base inside Jordan to support the moderate jihadis was shown last week, courtesy the Hezbollah drones that went inside Jordan. I wonder what drones they are using.

@ MSphere,
    Starting around 8.55 in the RT Arabic video.

A Ruskie Ka-52

Yes there is a nuclear payload for 48N6 missiles, but there is nothing to suggest it has been deployed to Syria.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

FFS you can't 'detonate' a nuclear weapon with bombing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zare View Post
    FFS you can't 'detonate' a nuclear weapon with bombing.
    I think there was a doctrines during the 60's where you detonate a NC tipped SAM missile to take out formations of enemy flights. Safe to say this is highly inpractical and downright idiotic way of operate NC weapons.
    Last edited by haavarla; 18th May 2017 at 06:57.

That's not a doctrine from the 60s only, S-75s in the 80s had nuclear warheads on-site, S-300 of every type had a nuclear payload as well.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

Ehh.. i'm i missing something here, what about the NC Fallout from such detonation, seems to me you would have to put such missiles and SAM systems on far remote area, or pointing out towards sea or whatnot.. it just seem completly off by any standards.
    Thanks

Well. The assumption is detonation would take place up and high. There would be fallout. but it won't be as intense as when the nuclear weapon is detonated on the ground.

what about the NC Fallout from such detonation, seems to me you would have to put such missiles and SAM systems on far remote area, or pointing out towards sea or whatnot..
    Which is why Canada ended-up with Bomarc missiles in the 1960s; there's a whole story about NORAD's basing-options that led to that. "Lovely country you have there, be a shame if we had to use our nuclear-tipped missiles to drop irradiating wreckage on it."

However nuclear-tipped SAMs have different warhead designs and terminal effect to nuclear-tipped ABMs, which attempt to render the inbound nuclear warhead inert through frying its electronics with x-rays.

Well. The assumption is detonation would take place up and high. There would be fallout. but it won't be as intense as when the nuclear weapon is detonated on the ground.
    And then you've just EMP'd yourself.

That's not a doctrine from the 60s only, S-75s in the 80s had nuclear warheads on-site, S-300 of every type had a nuclear payload as well.
    Are they still operational under START II or just in stockpile though?

Then ? I think Military installations already built with EMP resistance in mind.

EMP resistant does not mean EMP proof.

Boys, now the **** are REALLY to hit the fan: coalition planes have pourposely attacked SAA convoy.

Yep.

https://twitter.com/mike_giglio/stat...42676421169152
    https://twitter.com/miladvisor/statu...803841/photo/1
    https://twitter.com/sommervillebbc/s...64006436712448
    https://twitter.com/leithfadel/statu...65396911419393

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mi...idUSKCN18E2JU?

A member of the U.S.-backed Syrian rebel forces told Reuters the strikes hit a convoy of Syrian and Iranian-backed militias that were heading toward a base used by U.S. and U.S.-supported forces.

Muzahem al Saloum, from the Maghawir al Thwra group, told Reuters that the jets struck after some rebel forces clashed with Syrian and Iranian militias after they had advanced to about 17 miles (27 km) from the base.

"We notified the coalition that we were being attacked by the Syrian army and Iranians in this point, and the coalition came and destroyed the advancing convoy," Saloum said.
    Last edited by Ryan; 18th May 2017 at 18:57.

Thread Information