Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222
Results 6,631 to 6,655 of 6655

Thread: Russia moving tac air troops to Syria

Quote Originally Posted by sepheronx
    Personally I find this discussion quite interesting. Although, it is counter to the title of the thread itself and may require its own thread.
    X2 - many unique and interesting points

MiG-29 is probably the only aircraft that did not see much action in Syria. Russians could have deployed some of their SMT for strike role. They can still deploy those K/KUB and gain some combat experience for the pilots.

This thread has deteriorated into pro-Turkish political propaganda. Why have the moderators not shut it down? Our forum is meant to be for aviation-related topics.
    Hardly anything deteriorating. But you made clear what you wanted with this thread.
    Last edited by JangBoGo; 2nd August 2017 at 15:19. Reason: added some more post

Ignore the lame editing, but some good footage of Su-27SM in Syria with a rather heavy bomb load.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

Isn't that the Su-35?

First few clips feature every type of Russian fighter aircraft except for the Su-27SM at Hmeymim (so that is both the Su-30SM and Su-35S). However, it is the Su-27SM actually carrying that unique bomb load.

Newest MANPADS Verba in Action in Syria: Video

https://twitter.com/Ruswariors/statu...68294910365697
    "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Ignore the lame editing, but some good footage of Su-27SM in Syria with a rather heavy bomb load.
    Nice music, but where are the adidas stripes on those Flankers?

Nic

Obviously the Su-30SM/Su-35S taxiing footage is old and doesnt have anything to do with the Su-27SM3. The actual hit doesnt match the load either so imho that is plastered from something else too.

My opinion also, Berkut.
    No way to ascertain if this SM3 was really used in Syria and certainly those tecnicals are not being engaged by a free fall bomb.
    Only thing that this footage show us is the reason why the old OFAB-250/270 still is and I'm certain will remain still for some times the RuAF weapon of choice.

Well. I have no doubt there are SM3's in Syria and i have no doubt the air-to-air footage is also from Syria. But the actual hit doesnt seem to be related to that Su-27SM3 footage in particular.

Turkey and China sign security pact. Turkey undertakes to protect Chinese interests and image in region. How would this affect situation in Syria? Is China too getting involved in Syria now? https://www.the-american-interest.co...hina-security/
    Last edited by Bayar; 5th August 2017 at 15:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayar View Post
    Turkey and China sign security pact. Turkey undertakes to protect Chinese interests and image in region. How would this affect situation in China? Is China too getting involved in Syria now? https://www.the-american-interest.co...hina-security/
    China is looking to reap the benefits of Russia's hard labor in Syria. Which makes me mad that Russians had to spill blood so that China can walk in and take many of the positives over. Anyway, China is looking to "help" rebuild Syria. They are going to do to Syria what US did with Europe after WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayar View Post
    Turkey and China sign security pact. Turkey undertakes to protect Chinese interests and image in region. How would this affect situation in China? Is China too getting involved in Syria now? https://www.the-american-interest.co...hina-security/
    It's Turkey building relationship with China. as without China Turkey can't deal effectively with Germany.

I was expecting Syria style operation in Libya but they settle down on contracts. Presumbly as deference to Italy .
    https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/in...libyas-gaddafi
    When asked what the Libyans could pay in return, Dengov replied: "Well, they also have oil.

China is looking to reap the benefits of Russia's hard labor in Syria. Which makes me mad that Russians had to spill blood so that China can walk in and take many of the positives over. Anyway, China is looking to "help" rebuild Syria. They are going to do to Syria what US did with Europe after WW2.
    China has done its part all these years including financial, if there is anyone who fits your description, its India. That does not mean China cant do anything more. I would like them to donate or sell on credit couple of dozen of armed UAV so that it can be employed to good effect in urban and other areas.

I would like them to take an active part in the counter terrorists operation by sending their helo gunships. Whats currently in Syria is highly inadequate and we have seen the limits of how much Russia can afford to deploy. Russia themselves do not have enough combat assets, so hardly surprising the quantity of assets deployed in Syria.

Iran doesn't have anything much to deploy in hardware and even the presence of few Iranians advisors have made the Israelis running to Moscow to complain and putting pressure on Russia to limit their presence. But what we hear from those moronic Russian fanboys is that Iran is not doing enough and that they need to deploy their combat assets.

And lastly but not the least.....what did the stupid Russians earn???
    The US concluded military deals worth over $110 billion and the stupid Russians are in bed following the UN sanctions promoted by the same regimes which have imposed sanctions on Russia. Cant these stupids see how much they can earn from deals with Iran whose military needs almost all military hardware that Russia can supply?

Desert race. T-72 vs T-90, those 1000 horses..

Whats currently in Syria is highly inadequate and we have seen the limits of how much Russia can afford to deploy. Russia themselves do not have enough combat assets, so hardly surprising the quantity of assets deployed in Syria.
    Russia is deploying samples so that next batch is improved based on actual experience . That's why the procurement has slow down. Still it is supporting three to four fronts

Quote Originally Posted by JangBoGo View Post
    China has done its part all these years including financial, if there is anyone who fits your description, its India. That does not mean China cant do anything more. I would like them to donate or sell on credit couple of dozen of armed UAV so that it can be employed to good effect in urban and other areas.

I would like them to take an active part in the counter terrorists operation by sending their helo gunships. Whats currently in Syria is highly inadequate and we have seen the limits of how much Russia can afford to deploy. Russia themselves do not have enough combat assets, so hardly surprising the quantity of assets deployed in Syria.

Iran doesn't have anything much to deploy in hardware and even the presence of few Iranians advisors have made the Israelis running to Moscow to complain and putting pressure on Russia to limit their presence. But what we hear from those moronic Russian fanboys is that Iran is not doing enough and that they need to deploy their combat assets.

And lastly but not the least.....what did the stupid Russians earn???
    The US concluded military deals worth over $110 billion and the stupid Russians are in bed following the UN sanctions promoted by the same regimes which have imposed sanctions on Russia. Cant these stupids see how much they can earn from deals with Iran whose military needs almost all military hardware that Russia can supply?
    The Russians are the only ones actually following international law compared to US who breaks it every day, including Israel, Turkey, China, etc. But of course, one would have to be very gullible or simply too stuck in its old diplomatic self, to not realize that international law means absolutely nothing and is only meant to keep nations like Russia down and give impetus to US to commit every international crime and get away with it.

Yes, Russia could have benefited big time in sales to nations like Iran. And yes, many idiots fail to acknowledge Iran's contribution. But many here hate Iran because this site is predominantly American.

Russia's assets in Syria are enough as proven their number of sorties and the accuracy of their strikes. Russia has helped immensely with their air force, training of various groups (ISIS hunters as example) and even ground units to provide assistance.

Russia lacks the marketing strength in the international arena. Russian businesses, especially sanctioned, could gain good money investing in Syria, especially western side. But in the end, China will gain all of those contracts while Russia will gain nothing, or very little. This is purely my view of things, but I think they rely on someone to come to them and try to negotiate an offer rather than trying to go over their and look for private investors to do joint work or outright sign contracts. This will be their ultimate setback.

I wouldn't be opposed for Russia to sell Sukhois to Iran. But you know, Russia acts far too strange. Willing to fight back sanctions and the people who are pushing them, while same time trying to gain points with these very same people. I think it is byproduct of the 90's and far too many liberals still with too much power in the country.

Contrary to general belief. US and Russia are still doing trade, and lots of it..

By all means ask Boeing.
    Thanks

Of course. Actually, during the whole standoff in "sanctions", trade between US and Russia grew while it fell between EU and Russia.

EU got the short end of the stick. But their leaders also drew the short end of the straw when it came to intelligence during conception.

The sanctions imposed on Russia by the US are aimed more at the "Turkish Stream" gas pipelines from Russia to Turkey to Europe. The US does not want Europe to be heavily dependent on Russian gas. It wants Israeli gas to be exported to Europe via Cyprus and Turkey. See https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapo...-gas-pipeline/
    https://sputniknews.com/world/201707...urkish-stream/

It is also in part aimed at the S-400 deal between Russia and Turkey.

These sanctions will increase EU dependence on Russia not decrease. Italy has sold naval ships to Qatar and has taken position opposite of UAE and Egypt in Libya. At some point it will be thrown out all Middleast along its EU partners .Russia need to increase it's military force in Mediterranean along with faster military exports.

@Seperonx

You are 100% right. China sat back like a b*tch even at the most diplomatically and militarily intense moments of this war. There could have been points in this war where all could have been lost. And Russia sure could have used some diplomatic backup. But nope. China cowered in the corner. Now they are waltzing out to pocket the loot.

Iran already shafted Russia on Sukhoi Superjets. Even though Russia saved their ass too.
    (dead)
    http://ifpnews.com/exclusive/iran-in...0-jets-report/

@JSR, These sanctions will increase EU dependence on Russia not decrease.
    Spot on. Although the US wanted to impose sanctions on Russia, it presumed everyone else will follow also.

Turkey has stated immediately that the new sanctions are not binding on it and it will not apply to Turkey-Russia Relations. Germany has also indicated that it will not abide by the sanctions as there are no other alternatives to "Turkish Stream".

On this occasion the sanctions will simply not work. The US will need to prosecute every European and Middle Eastern banker that does not abide by the Iran sanctions.

P.S. China has always been a silent actor in Syria. I don't understand why many here believe China has not done anything. Who do you think has Kim Yong (North Korea) opening up a new cold war theatre?

Thread Information