Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACCOUNT HACKING ATTEMPTS, MERGED THREAD

I got a similar email today, 5 attempts were made apparently:

Dear Larry66,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 176.10.99.205

All the best,
    Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums
    What I know about planes you could write on the back of a beer mat, but I'm looking for bigger beer mats!
    My photos
    http://stumm47.deviantart.com/

This miscreant would appear to be situated in the city of Baar in Switzerland. Rather peculiar that these attempts are now coming from Europe.
    http://www.flightmemory.com/ I have been round the world 11.6 times!

Just had Key get in touch again, same letter, lockdown 15 mins after 5 attempts.
    The Pillocks I.P. is 149/202/98/160.
    Wouldn't it be nice if at the 5th attempt, 240 Volts could be sent down their line to fry their computer, or better still, them.

Jim
    Lincoln .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

Your new friend (TO BE!) would seem to be in the Netherlands now. Confuses me that this IP address has moved this year, from France to Germany and now the Netherlands. Not sure how that works. You should be so lucky to have all these potential new friends!

Spammers (and worse) seek to form networks of infected personal computers from which hacking, denial of service and spamming attempts are made.
    The changing countries as evidenced by the IP addresses simply show that people have been slack and clicked on a link or website that they should not have done whilst not running decent anti virus / security software and thus their computer has been infected.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    Bertrand Russell

I have a decent anti virus and this forum to stop these individuals. Thakyou key publishing!
    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

Just had two days of my access being blocked by "Google," demanding my E-mail address and password; I totally ignored it, and went elsewhere, and, today, my access has cleared, as if by magic.

Quote Originally Posted by snafu352
    The changing countries as evidenced by the IP addresses simply show that people have been slack and clicked on a link or website that they should not have done whilst not running decent anti virus / security software and thus their computer has been infected.
    I think you are spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt with your post. I use a Mac and observe high levels of security and have done for many years, but someone tried to access my forum account, which is held on the Key Publishing server, not my computer!!! So your observation about my computer being infected is fallacious...
    But good luck to them, as my password is very robust!

These attempts to crack logins (hack is the wrong term) for forums have little to do with hijacking computers for DDoS etc as you allege, and is more to do with simple spamming of forums by using established accounts to enable spamming by the PM system or to bypass new user limits. New users registering may be restricted in what they can do e.g. only send up to five PMs until they have been a member for x days or blocked from posting links in posts until they have made x posts.
    To get around it spammers try to hijack an established account or register, make half a dozen innocuous posts, then lie dormant for a few months. The return to do their spamming hoping their account is now seen as established.

After almost 13 years of working in a very large forum, with very knowledgeable people, I've seen all sorts of tricks by spammers...
    Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Just happened to me. IP address 171.25.193.77
    Thanks, Key for the tip off.

Now you have a Swedish 'friend' in Stockholm looking for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I think you are spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt with your post.
    Correct. This is nothing to do with viruses, trojans or dubious sites that you delete from your browser history. It is simply attempts to find accounts protected by a weak password which can then be used by the spammers.

Moggy
    "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

I got this today.

From ip address 188.138.9.49

Another German seeker from the city of Hurth.

In nubibus & Royal Military Academy Sandhurst
    Someone tried to hack my account on the 5th August ! IP Address 171.25.193.78
    Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.

http://planemadanna.blogspot.co.uk/

The first quality needed is audacity

You have a Swedish 'admirer' in Stockholm!

Just had an attempt on my account in the last 24 hours as well. Also tried to have a go at my Facebook account as well.

Some of us might be feeling a sense of rejection if we haven't been 'targeted' yet! As compensation, last night and today, I have lost access to AOL (I know most of you will think that is a blessing and I am beginning to agree!).

AOL used to be known as Always Off Line - seems nothing has changed!!!

If you are feeling left out give me your password...
    Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Me too, yesterday:

"Someone has tried to log into your account on Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.
    The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 95.130.15.98."

Someone from Vern, France...

Had this on Sunday:

Dear critter592,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 94.23.30.53

All the best,
    Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums

Unless this muppet is familiar with a certain WW2 aircraft's part numbers, he hasn't a chance...!

My Antivirus system is AVG Professional.
    Last edited by critter592; 1st September 2015 at 01:14.

Back from holiday to find message from 30th August saying IP 195.154.56.44 (France) had tried to gain access...

Thread Information