Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Projects Wants And Trades 2015

Any Storch Fi 156 parts!

Best JABBA

Looking for the Remote Contactor to go with my 24v Master Contactor (WW2 RAF Directional Finding setup)

Get in quick.

24v now on

Ross
    Last edited by Ross_McNeill; 9th February 2015 at 09:50. Reason: Unwanted reply
    Restorer of Canberra PR.9 XH175 and anon (but looking more like 8249) Anson Mk.II

Looking for the round(ish) as opposed to the square(ish) Dunlop brake relay valve as fitted to Spitfires etc: I think the Dunlop No. is AH912 but not sure.
    doesn't have to be working as is for static use only. Any ideas where I could get one from would be most appreciated.

Ken

Hello

Looking for a couple of air ministry wedge plates as used to mount gun camera footage indicator etc.

TEC

Hello

I'm looking for a R/H engine cowl for an Auster AOP9, I do have a spare L/H to trade............

Still trying to chase down a Mk IV single axis autopilot gyro or at a pinch a Mk VIII for the Stirling

We are looking for some Chipmunk, throttle and mixture levers to use on the Comets, or even a set to copy. Alternatively does anyone have a drawing
    Ken

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	235762
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterVerney View Post
    I would love to have an indicator unit from AI Mk 10 (SCR720)
    I have a spare control box (minus the big dial) for that system if it's of any use........

Looking for an 1124 beam approach unit,a cover for the larger Mk 4 auto pilot gyro ,3 plugs for the J switch and a 4 foot drive cable for the F24 camera for my own project......
    Last edited by hindenburg; 8th March 2015 at 14:01. Reason: Adding my own wants
    `Information is the currency of democracy`. Thomas Jefferson

We are after the rear Canopy trolley mechanism for an F8 Meteor.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Last edited by jeep1943; 9th March 2015 at 02:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
    Any Storch Fi 156 parts!

Best JABBA
    The Belgian seller at the Newark Aeroboot on Saturday had an instrument panel. The panel itself might have been repro but it was very good. The instruments looked original

Name:	DSC03598_resize.JPG 
Views:	233 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	235934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03599_resize.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	235935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03602_resize.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	235936
    Now this ex mil yard is near me in Thailand.It is mainly ex American aircraft parts which will not be of much use to those wanting bits for WW2 aircraft!Most of the parts are from Cessna "bird dogs"and huey helos plus a load of bits from Fairchild Providers(lots of P&W pots).If however someone would like a inst panel or any other item I am willing to do a search for you

Well done Wl745. Keep an eye out for Bristol Bulldog parts. I shall hold my breath.

I am, however, seriously looking for a Potts (Vickers-Potts) oil cooler or parts. And Mk I or II navigation lights. Obviously they will attach to a Bulldog. Thanks and Cheers

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by wl745 View Post

Name:	DSC03598_resize.JPG 
Views:	233 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	235934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03599_resize.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	235935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03602_resize.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	235936
    Now this ex mil yard is near me in Thailand.It is mainly ex American aircraft parts which will not be of much use to those wanting bits for WW2 aircraft!Most of the parts are from Cessna "bird dogs"and huey helos plus a load of bits from Fairchild Providers(lots of P&W pots).If however someone would like a inst panel or any other item I am willing to do a search for you
    Think I've seen a lot of this stuff on evilbay. If not this then very similar and also from Thailand

Not from me then ,I do not have an a/c .Not even a credit card!What you see is only part of it ,there lots of engine parts helo G/boxes, defunct wings and other panels from all sorts .

Kinner engine exhaust parts

I am looking for any exhaust parts related to the Kinner 5 cylinder radial engine

Looking for the following instruments for a static panel please.

Radiator temperature gauge MkIIA 6A/1614 or 6A/1565 with blue front
    Oil temperature gauge MkIIA 6A/1613 or 6A/1479 with yellow front
    RPM indicator IXG 6A/1300
    Boost gauge MkIIIL* 6A/1747 or MkIIIM* 6A/1582

I have some IFF boxes forsale if anyone is interested. My email is richardscarborough9@hotmail.com
    They fit nearly all British Aircraft from Vulcans to Harriers.

Looking for rectangular oil pressure gauge, early date type 1940 in greeny/brown sort of colour, I have a yellow one to swap. if interested please P.m.

Hi All,

Looking for an AD3500 V/UHF control unit, anyone have a spare?

Cheers

Nigel (Sea King XV677)

Great news

Great news chaps I have managed to locate a set of these for my T7!

Now does anyone know where there is a source of these yellow knobs??

Cheers
    Anthony

Looking for the round(ish) as opposed to the square(ish) Dunlop brake relay valve as fitted to Spitfires etc: I think the Dunlop No. is AH912 but not sure.
    doesn't have to be working as is for static use only. Any ideas where I could get one from would be most appreciated.

Ken
    I have 3D designs Neile did of the early spit type I can get 3D printed or can supply you the drawings to manufacture a replica.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wheel Brake Valve Assembly Exploded View 2.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	237395
    "If the C.O. ask's you to be Tail End Charlie...just shoot him!!!....A Piece of Cake.
    http://spitfirea58-27.blogspot.com.au/

Spitfire MkVIII Oleos.

Hi guys looking for a complete set of MkVIII Spitty oleos..
    "If the C.O. ask's you to be Tail End Charlie...just shoot him!!!....A Piece of Cake.
    http://spitfirea58-27.blogspot.com.au/

AnthonyG

Well done, always nice when a part is fnally sourced

Jason
    "For you Hilts one month solitary watching Downton Abbey"

Thanks Jason, yes mate it is. I have been looking for these for over 5 years!

Now I just have to find a supplier for those knobs. They seem to be a std 'off the shelf' item as I have seen these fitted to various other vintage throttle units.

Cheers
    Anthony

Hi Anthony, I asked the same question in the Tempest cockpit thread, short answer was: make them which I did out of phenolic/bakelite, have since seen the same knobs on a Canberra so you may be able to try that direction, cheers, Pete

Control Lever Knobs.

The knobs are not standard... they may look outwardly similar, but the thickness, width, and shape of the levers varies, meaning that each knob is more or less unique to the lever to which it is fitted.
    The knobs are secured through the lever with a bolt and a circular (Non-flatted) nut... sometimes brass; sometimes steel... that needs a special tool, like a thin screwdriver blade with the centre section of the blade removed; leaving two prongs which fit into the two slots in the nut.

Most (if not all) pale knobs were originally white. They tend to yellow with age. I managed to return them to their original colour on our Typhoon panel by removing them from the levers... (be very careful with this, they tend to crack easily)... carefully attaching them to an overlength nut and bolt which was inserted into a drill chuck, rotated, and gently faced up with fine emery cloth to remove the environmental discolouration prior to polishing them.

Here's the before and after...

Name:	Knobs.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	237396
    Last edited by windhover; 11th May 2015 at 13:21.

Qldspitty.
    I didn't think I would ever get one and as I needed to move on with my project decided to go with the square type. From the outset, I wanted my efforts to represent a Mk1/2 but now it's sort of Mk1 to v! So I don't think the square one is too out of place. As always, thanks very much for your kind offer of help.

Thanks guys, appreciate the information. I have 2 (both cracked through) so I went on line and looked at restoring bakelite and the people that restore jewelery suggest to rub it down (careful not to inhale the dust)with fine emery cloth and polish it back up to restore the original finish. When I did this it came back to a lovely yellow colour and polished up nicely...trouble is it is cracked through on one side and is unuseable. I guess I could look at casting a new one from resin or something, but would prefer to find originals if possible as I am going to a lot of effort to use original components.

You guys have been awesome, thanks for all your help

I have plenty of other things to work on so maybe (like the levers) in a couple of years I will stumble across some more.

Cheers
    Anthony

Hi all,
    I have a 'camera control electrical box, type 35' in its original box. It's in quite good condition. I also have a meteor stick top, not in the best condition. Looking to swap for Vampire T11 stick top.
    Anyone interested please PM me.

Regards

Richy.

Thread Information