Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: WW2 - Officers Key Club Bedford

WW2 - Officers Key Club Bedford

Hi there - a bit of a long shot but hopefully? I have a photography studio at 84a High Street in Bedford (UK) which during the second world war was the "Officers Key Club" my friend Steve Snyder has managed to find a couple of photos for me - 1 of the Thatched Roof Bar & 2 the actual application to join form - I would love to have a little memorial hanging up in my reception - and was looking to find out if there are any other photos out there taken during the war of the place, and if anyone has any memories or stories of the place - I don't know if it was used just by the guys at Thurleigh (306th), but Kimbolton (91st), Poddington (92nd I think) Thanks in advance
    Name:  Interior.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  304.2 KB

Hello, This is an old post so I hope you are still following it. I found it whilst doing a google search for 'The Key Club Bedford'. My Grandparents, Norman and Stella Knowlton, owned and managed the Key Club. I showed this photo to my mother, as she was a little girl at the time' and she immediately recognised it. She said they used to squeeze a band into that small space. She also has a hand drawn map of the USA where all the officers have signed their name over the state they came from. Glenn Miller also drank in there - I'm sure I could get some more info from my mother and her brother, but first, let me know that you are still following this post. Thanks

Your best bet is to send the originator of the post a private message. Hopefully it will get to him. This looks to be his website: http://www.adrianbullersphotography.com/contact/

Wonder why it was called the Key Club?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitley_Project View Post
    Your best bet is to send the originator of the post a private message. Hopefully it will get to him. This looks to be his website: http://www.adrianbullersphotography.com/contact/

Wonder why it was called the Key Club?

Thank you I will do that. It was called 'The Key Club' because every member had a key to get in the door which was on the ground floor and the club was on the first floor where they signed in each time.

Thread Information