Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: World Missiles News

World Missiles News

They already do.

Last edited by djcross; 12th May 2014 at 14:05.

Please Tango can you do an army news thread. In General Discussion forum maybe. You have Airforces and Navies and now missiles. Armies makes it complete. Please do it. Im sure the rest of the forum would agree it would be great

Quote Originally Posted by attitude View Post
    Please Tango can you do an army news thread. In General Discussion forum maybe. You have Airforces and Navies and now missiles. Armies makes it complete. Please do it. Im sure the rest of the forum would agree it would be great
    There used to be an army forum here years ago but it got scrapped, I don't think the mods would allow it.
    "Quicquid agas age"

The RS-12M Topol / SS-25 Sickle by NATO ICBM.

Russia conducts test-launch of ballistic missile

The U.S. could deploy its own Thaad system to South Korea.

Washington Considers Missile-Defense System in South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by jbritchford View Post
    There used to be an army forum here years ago but it got scrapped, I don't think the mods would allow it.
    Indeed I remember it, one huge flame war that made the F-35 news and discussion thread look like well meaning, rational and friendly debate in comparison!
    Because sometimes in life we need a bit of fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXNAp3mKepc

Quote Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
    Indeed I remember it, one huge flame war that made the F-35 news and discussion thread look like well meaning, rational and friendly debate in comparison!
    Indeed. I wonder how long ago it was, now that I think about it? Must be a while, I've been posting here for 10 years now! Time is starting to catch up with me!
    "Quicquid agas age"

Quote Originally Posted by jbritchford View Post
    call it the army aviation thread.
    HAL - one step ahead of IBM

Russian Paratroopers Receive Newest Verba Shoulder-Fired Missiles

http://en.ria.ru/military_news/20140...der-Fired.html

Funny that the Verba is entering service but we still haven't seen it.

Here's supposedly a test of the YJ-18. Quite interesting to see it doing anti-intercept maneuvering before it hits the target.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=o3taU59z05A

If if the sequences before show not only the YJ-83 but also the older 'Kraken' is seen during launch ... but the final hit is (at least said to be) the new YJ-18.

Deino

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
    My working week and my Sunday rest,
    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
    I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
    Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
    Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
    For nothing now can ever come to any good.
    -------------------------------------------------
    W.H.Auden (1945)

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/prne...4,5,6,15,17,34

Raytheon conducts first live fire test of Excalibur S

New variant guided successfully to target with laser

PARIS, June 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In a company-funded R&D initiative, Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) successfully fired the dual-mode GPS- and laser-guided Excalibur S for the first time. Although the Excalibur S was initialized with a GPS target location, it scored a direct hit on a different, or offset, target after being terminally guided with a laser designator.

The new variant incorporates a laser spot tracker (LST) into the combat-proven Excalibur Ib projectile, the world's most precise GPS guided 155mm artillery projectile now in production for the U.S. Army and several international customers.

"The performance of Excalibur S is very impressive and I am extremely encouraged by Raytheon's commitment to the next generation of Excalibur," said Lieutenant Colonel Josh Walsh, U.S. Army Excalibur Product Manager.

This test validated the LST's ability to survive the forces of firing from a 155mm howitzer and then successfully hand off from the GPS to guide to a laser spot on the designated target.

The Raytheon-funded Excalibur S builds on the proven, GPS-guided Excalibur Ib variant. The addition of the LST will enable the warfighter to attack moving targets, engage targets that have re-positioned after firing, or change the impact point to further avoid casualties and collateral damage.

"The significance of this new capability cannot be understated," said Michelle Lohmeier, vice president of Raytheon Missile Systems' Land Warfare Systems product line. "A laser-guided variant of Excalibur gives the warfighter a precision weapon that accommodates target location errors, allows continued target attack when GPS is degraded or denied, and hit targets on the move at extended ranges."

Excalibur S also paves the way for Excalibur Ib customers to upgrade their Excalibur Ib guidance and navigation units with GPS and LST capability. Several international customers have expressed strong interest in Excalibur S, and this same capability can also be incorporated into the 5-inch Excalibur naval variant, Excalibur N5, the company is developing.

Raytheon is planning a live fire demonstration of the Excalibur N5 later this year.

About Excalibur

Excalibur is a revolutionary precision guided projectile that provides warfighters a first round effects capability in nearly any environment. Excalibur is cannon artillery's only long range true precision weapon.

Combat proven: Nearly 750 Excalibur rounds have been fired in combat
    Precise: Excalibur consistently strikes less than two meters from a precisely-located target
    Responsive: Excalibur dramatically reduces mission response time
    Safe: Excalibur's precision practically eliminates collateral damage and has been employed within 75 meters of supported troops
    Affordable: Excalibur's first round effects reduces total mission cost and the user's logistics burden
    Growing: With Excalibur S, Raytheon adds a Laser Spot Tracker to mitigate target location error and enable engagement of moving targets
    Entering New Markets: With Excalibur N5, a five-inch naval variant, navies will be able to deliver extended range, precision naval surface fires

Excalibur is a cooperative program between Raytheon and BAE Systems Bofors.

BMD test FTG06b is scheduled for Sunday 22 June 2014

Edited to add: Success!
    Troubled missile defense system successfully intercepts target in test
    Last edited by djcross; 23rd June 2014 at 01:39. Reason: added follow-up article

Raytheon Wins $251M for AIM-9X Production.

Pentagon Contract Announcement

Thread Information