Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: A couple of 1/48 Spitfires

A couple of 1/48 Spitfires

Firstly a Special Hobby 1/48 Mk.XII. The nicest of all Spitfire marks () Typical Special Hobby fare. Looks better than the Airfix Mk.XII I think.

Secondly, an Eduard Mk.IXe, also in 1/48.
    Finished in Xtracrylix in the markings of W/Cdr Rolf Arne Berg in 1945.

The wart on the ass-end of humanity (Penicuik)
    Very nice.

I haven't build the Airfix Mk.XII yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Thanks Daren. I'm glad someone appreciates them. The Airfix Mk.XII is certainly easier to build than the Special Hobby but I think the SH one looks better. Less deep panel lines I think.

The wart on the ass-end of humanity (Penicuik)
    Someone gave me a good tip to try to lessen the depth of the panel lines - paint acrylic paint over them and wipe off the excess. Wait 'til it dries and then paint over the top as normal. Looks pretty good on 1/72 scale aircraft, anyway.
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Norwegian Spitfire Foundation will paint Spitfire Mk IX RR232 in Norwegian Wing Commander Rolf Arne Bergs personal camo. A scheme Berg used only for a couple or more days during WWII. The Norwegian flag on wings and rudder was not to RAFs taste and approval. Rolf Arne Berg was the Wing Commander of 132 Wing during 1944-1945 and had his initials RAB on the Spitfire. He got his wings at Kjeller Aerodrome pre-WWII. Spitfire RAB will arrive to Kjeller together with NSF operated aircraft P-51 Mustang The Shark and the Norseman 18 June 2017.

Thread Information