Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: airplane prices

airplane prices

How much does a new

Bombardier CRJ 200 cost?
    Airbus A319?

List price is notoriously unreliable. Depends who you are and how many aircraft you buy (and when you want delivery)! You can also +/- a few percent according to how expensive the finance is for you.

But as a very rough guide:

CRJ 200 - $12m
    A319 - $45m
    Skiaynin Vannin

"Is that all" I think iv'e got that much in the telephone jar.
    Best Regards Steve

I know that if you are also the launch customer you get a hugh break in cost. Continental Express was the launch customer for the EMB-145 and got a few million shaved off each aircraft purchased for the first X amount as well as had training paid for I think 2 captains for each plane delivered.

Word from our training department is that we are paying roughly $20 million for the new aircraft and started out paying somewhere around $13 million for the first deliveries. The aircraft cost for the new models are even more due to upgrades (Dual FMS now). I would be suprised if the CRJ is as low as $12 million. At one point for one carrier it might have been. With the explosion of the EMB and CRJ popularity, just like popular cars, the prices keep going up.

I suppose different manufacturers try different tactics.

One might quote a really low price on the basis that it is "from" and probably excludes something silly like the wings. You see it for computers sometimes, then read the small print and see "monitors from £200" at the bottom of the ad.

Another might quote a high price and deliberately reduce it so the airline thinks "gosh, what a bargain".

Basically, nobody really knows apart from the manfacturers, and the airlines on a case by case basis!

I did once meet a chap who was a "fixer" for Airbus and was paid many, many hudreds of thousands of dollars commission for each aircraft sold. I did his VAT return once and it made me green
    Skiaynin Vannin

For a first-time customer.
    Also, who operates the CRJ700?
    Thanks a lot!

America West and Lufthansa, amongst others.

The only CRJ700's I've seen in the States have been operated by American Eagle. I know Comair has them on order and might already be flying them. US Airways has put in an order for a bunch but I think they still have to be divided up among the regional airlines that fly for them as part of a Jets-for-Jobs deal.

Duo Airways in the UK!
    Brgds
    EGNM

Thread Information