Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official F1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln 7 View Post
    It's all up in the air as always, for the first half a dozen races, until they get minor faults ironed out. Practice during the closed/development season, is nothing like actual racing conditions.
    So I wouldn't place any bets for a while yet young Axel.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7
    im not placing anybets on this one I just want that to happen

It has, apparently been stated that "Only a miracle" will save M.S now, as the Drs have stated that he is, now being drawn out of his coma, and likely to be nothing more than a vegetable, if he wakes up.
    Whichever way it swings, things will never be the same again for him.
    So very, very sad.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

Within striking distance of EGMH - as was!
    It has been reported and various neurologists unconnected with the case have expressed their views.But there has been no official statement, from the family or anyone else.

We have to hope for the best but fear for the worst.

It's a fair bet that Vettel will win yet another championship this season. With Raikkonen is the next favourite.
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Are you taking bets??

I feel like throwing a "Stinger" out on the track, every time Vettel is in front. He has the personality of a dead worm.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Ah so the winner has to have a good personality? I thought it was to do with driving skill..........!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehunt View Post
    Are you taking bets??
    No, I'll leave that to Jim
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehunt View Post
    Ah so the winner has to have a good personality? I thought it was to do with driving skill..........!
    Absolutely --- But for a sport that is boring enough,having a non personality that is boring really gets me interested.Now ,that said i would watch if the characters made it interesting.
    Look what happened to Snooker,Darts,Tennis,all the characters and personalities have disappeared and so has the attraction of the sports.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Alan~ View Post
    No, I'll leave that to Jim
    Bets will be taken after race 6............
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Very wise!

Just after what remains of your Pension Chas... I just hope somwon pushes the right BUTTON this year.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7
    Last edited by Lincoln 7; 9th March 2014 at 20:55.

Sebastian Vettel, no personality?... Are you kidding, or what?

He's the only driver in the field that answers everyone's questions during interviews, he has a laugh, he jokes about, he talks at length - so much so even the interviewers have to stop so they can interview other people, he has a wicked sense of humour - a very British, understated sense of humour at that and he's the only driver/team member that actually 'approaches' to be interviewed. He gives F1 drivers a bad name!

Rosberg - Funny guy, much like his father so fair enough!
    Button - Complains!
    Hamilton - Is always depressed and talks with an annoying American accent!
    Raikkonen - Literally doesn't give a sh*t... about anything! And doesn't particularly like anyone nor anything, including himself! But that inadvertently makes him funny!
    Alonso - Is passive!
    Massa - Depends on his weekend, but is generally a cool guy!
    Maldonado - Is a total Dick!
    Perez - Is self-Blameless!
    Grosjean - French!
    Ricciardo - Has nothing to smile about, but a good and popular guy nonetheless!
    Sutil - ...Nobody knows anything about him except he's a Formula 1 driver, despite him been racing for several seasons!
    Hulkenberg - Punches people in the head in Far Eastern Nightclubs!
    Kobayashi - Doesn't eat Sushi! Other than that I really like the guy.
    Vergne - French!

The rest just have to grin and bare they're at the rear of the grid and are Ok guys. Those are the typical characteristics of an F1 driver!

Regarding the News of Michael Schumacher: I wouldn't take any notice of those sources, especially British ones. Generally they all couldn't give a sh*t about his wellbeing unless it's something negative.

I'd much rather hear something official by those close by to him. If they haven't made any statements then there's no change in his condition, or they simply just want to keep it to themselves which they're damn right entitled to.

Couldn't avoid the result this morning It was on the news banner at the bottom of the page on Sky News.

Interesting result.

Think today's race would have been more exciting if they had driven around in Sinclair C5s - new season, new "green' cars, new tedium....

Quote Originally Posted by EELightning
    Raikkonen - Literally doesn't give a sh*t... about anything! And doesn't particularly like anyone nor anything, including himself! But that inadvertently makes him funny!
    You forgot his propensity to wear his baseball caps in the style of a gangsta rapper, and the really stupid shades...
    Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

In the US right now so had to watch it via the dreary NBC Sport network... It's actually worse than Sky F1... Automatically makes one's eyes glaze over. Americans + Complicated + Technical Sport = Complications of their own... I actually found, Ahem..., a link to watch the BBC's Extended Highlights which was much better.

Anyway, pretty interesting and a canny first race. It had a few surprises in store that I wasn't expecting and there's quite a few issues obviously causing concerns. Magnussen had a heck of a drive in his debut race, finished 3rd officially but gained 2nd after the race. Bottas looked very solid and quite literally drove the wheels of his Williams, it's nice to see Williams competing for double digit points again.

Ferrari were as expected in my opinion, mid top 10(ish) but they're no doubt going to get further as the season progresses.

Red Bull were a surprise. I wasn't expecting them to be as quick, or as high as they finished despite Vettel's KERS issues. The car looks like it has a fantastic chassis and it looks to be the best handling car at high speeds. It just needs more top end speed and the KERS sorted of which no doubt they'd sort out. I wouldn't count out Vettel, he's the most adaptable driver in the field.

Interestingly, the quickest lap times (of that race) are remarkably similar to the 1996 race in Melbourne which were 3.0 litre V10s, proper engines.

Red Bull got disqualified due to "Consistent Fuel Irregularities"... The FIA strikes again, so early. Goes to show how little notice they take of the teams during pre-season testing.

Would love to discuss more... Got my Guitar Rig to set up...

I thought it was a good quality race

Quote Originally Posted by EELightning View Post
    Sebastian Vettel, no personality?... Are you kidding, or what?

He's the only driver in the field that answers everyone's questions during interviews, he has a laugh, he jokes about, he talks at length - so much so even the interviewers have to stop so they can interview other people, he has a wicked sense of humour - a very British, understated sense of humour at that and he's the only driver/team member that actually 'approaches' to be interviewed. He gives F1 drivers a bad name!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGItMTxvbpc

Made me laugh!

Baz
    www.wallond.com

Can T22 WT525, Can B2 WD954, Pilatus P2 A-125 (cockpits)

well this thread on the other forum I am a member off is getting stupid, they reckon anyone could drive an f1 car even though some race drivers cannot including Richard hammond

They're full of sh*t. Secondly, Hamster isn't a racing driver.

Controlling a Formula 1 car at it's maximum limit is one of the most demanding challenges, both mentally and physically. If you're nowhere near the capacity of the mental and physical ability and capability an F1 machine calls for, you're going to be in a world of hurt in no time at all.

Even the best drivers in F1 history have been caught out by these machines, many haven't walked away to race another day...
    Last edited by Deano; 7th April 2014 at 13:56. Reason: COC RULE 14

Quote Originally Posted by spitfireman View Post
    Very funny guy. Love how Steve Rider is desperately trying to get on with Hosting while Vettel just keeps on ranting away... About nothing in particular, nor relevant to what he's why there for. Haha.

Any other F1 driver would take the award, drone on with the same old 'I'd like to thank every single person' acceptance speech, then drag himself back to his table... Then go back to looking miserable and like they have the whole world on their shoulders...
    Last edited by EELightning; 18th March 2014 at 22:10.

Wow...

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz says his company could quit Formula 1 if he is not happy with the way the sport is run.

His remarks follow Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo's exclusion from the Australian Grand Prix and the adoption of new rules.

Mateschitz said Red Bull's future in F1 was more "to do with sportsmanship and political influence" than finance.

He said: "In these issues there is a clear limit to what we can accept."

He also referred to the "inappropriate politicisation" of the sport.

Mateschitz also criticised the new format of F1, both in terms of the use of a fuel limit and in the sound produced by the turbo hybrid engines, which are much quieter than last year's naturally aspirated V8s.

"You have to make F1 like it used to be - the top discipline of motorsports," he said.

"F1 is not there to set new records in fuel consumption, nor to make it possible to have a whispered conversation during a race.

"It is absurd to race a lap seconds slower than last year. GP2 partially provides more racing and fighting and almost equal lap times as F1 with a small fraction of the budget."

More here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/26721387

Here-Here!*

I have to agree with him...

Quote Originally Posted by EELightning View Post
    They're full of sh*t. Secondly, Hamster isn't a racing driver.

Controlling a Formula 1 car at it's maximum limit is one of the most demanding challenges, both mentally and physically. If you're nowhere near the capacity of the mental and physical ability and capability an F1 machine calls for, you're going to be in a world of hurt in no time at all.

Even the best drivers in F1 history have been caught out by these machines, many haven't walked away to race another day...
    Hammond is a racing driver that's one thing that I do know

No he isn't. After graduating in Arts and Technology he worked in local radio as a presenter before auditioning for Top Gear in 2002. For which he has been working ever since.
    Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

sorry that's my mistake I meant james may

Really http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_May they forgot to add that to Wiki as well.
    Last edited by Deano; 7th April 2014 at 13:57. Reason: COC RULE 14

So when was he a racing driver. He did a few tests at Autocar but I was unaware he was ever a racing driver.

On T/Gear, some time ago, he did actually drive a few laps round a circuit, in an F1 car, but nowhere near racing speed. Just to see what driving an F1 car was like.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Yes I remember that. In fact none of the three has ever raced professionally.

Quite right Chas, none of them, but I do envy them driving all those Super and Hyper cars they do though.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Thread Information