Register Free

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official F1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by trumper View Post
    The ladies won though
    And not for the first time, well done them

However there was a lot of good overtakes in 2013;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25476335

Not enough overtakes though, However Vettel seems to be having a struggle with his new car.

But how is a V6 turbo cutting costs?

I'll take this lull on the circuit as an opportunity to point you in the direction of story that led the BBC Sport website overnight and that is Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone wants to extend his controversial double-points scheme to the last three races of the season.

It has been introduced for the final grand prix of the season in Abu Dhabi, but now Ecclestone has written to the teams saying he wants to extend it to the two preceding races, in the USA and Brazil.

surely they cannot do this

Michael Schumacher is slowly being brought out of an induced coma following last month's skiing accident, his manager says.

"Michael's sedation is being reduced in order to allow the start of the waking up process which may take long time," Sabine Kehm confirms.

"For the protection of the family, it was originally agreed by the interested parties to communicate this information only once this process was consolidated."

so red bull are not going to take back to the track today meaning a measly total of only 13 laps over two days of training for the renault powered team, they have said they should be running again tommorow, but im not going to beleave anything till they get atleast 20 laps tommorow. the mclaren seems to be running well with magnussen behind the wheel currently after taking over from button who ran this morning. the ferrari and force india appear to be running well as well. and by the sounds of it we will be getting our first look at the new marrusia car shortly as their driver has his suit on and helmet in hand as he goes into the garage

finally we see the marrusia and from i have seen its the best looking car this year, but it was only a single photo which didnt fit quite the whole car in so will not judge till we get a full picture

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-25969372

haha irvine punches a 7ft shark in the face what a legend

Poor shark

red bull have left the test early after completeing only 20 laps over the four days of testing, they do however say they got enough information to fix the problems they are having by the next test in bahrain in just over two weeks time

i think its time for some predictions, so who do you think will win the drivers championship this year and why then just name who will come in to top 3, and also who do you think will win the constructors and why then name the other two who you think will be in the top 3.

my predictions are
    drivers champion = alonso because he has been so close over the past two years
    2nd = raikonen
    3rd = hamilton
    constructors champions=ferrari because they have what i see as the strongest driver set up this year
    2nd = mercedes as they are bound to do well
    3rd = either red bull or lotus

Within striking distance of EGMH - as was!
    Good grief - far too early to predict. After the first two races there will be some clues.

i like to predict early

So I see - but at this stage it's probably more wishful thinking than prediction because there is not enough information about the cars to make predictions.
    Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

im not going off the cars im going off the teams and the drivers as i have seen them over the oast couple of years

But these days the cars will make or break a team. A mediocre driver in the best car will do well and the best driver in the world in a poor car will not. So much rests on getting the technology exactly right.
    Charlie

i understand that, but whats the harm in just making an edgicational guess

I predict that I shall fall asleep at some time during every race, just as I did last year, and the year before, and............

Axel - that's my point. You can't make an educated guess without some facts and figures on which to base your guess. No harm in it, of course, but it is only wishful thinking....
    Charlie

Huge Formula 1 fan here! Been a fan ever since I could remember, according to those that have known me the longest, ever since I could walk - early/mid '80s. Properly got into it when Damon Hill started racing in F1, favourite driver, met him on three occasions and a top guy too.

I'm looking forward to this season, as ever with any past ones. New changes, new challenges, not really a new era of Formula 1 cars though. Low noses, limited aerodynamics, 1.6 V6 Turbo engines... Ehmmm... '80s Formula 1 cars... Anyone? I seem to remember they were quick, brutally quick. However, they're no match for the bonkers V10s of the '90s and '00s.

With regards to the low noses, I wouldn't want to be in any '14 F1 car, especially the Mercedes and Ferrari, when the guy in front suddenly brakes, I hit the back of it, lefts up and throws the car's ar$e end right towards where my head is. No thanks! Ironically, for the 1996 season, the FIA called for new regulations for the F1 cars to have a more blunted, rounded form to prevent punctures and, be much higher to, I quote: 'Preventing the upshift of a car in front in the event of a collision.' In other words, stopping the car from flipping ar$e over tit and smacking the driver's bonce. The FIA have short memories... Must be all those Nazi Gimp Sessions they have.

good points made there however, the noses this year are to stop the car behind being lifted up and it is trying to stop any car from going into the air at any point

Indeed, but afore mentioned, there's nothing stopping them from lifting up the car from the rear in front, especially the Ferrari and Mercedes.

I suspect the nose regulations will change for next season, yet again. Adrian Newey has expressed concern over these matters, the FIA of course will do nothing about until proved otherwise, or as usual, introduce regulations that really aren't necessary.
    Last edited by Deano; 7th April 2014 at 13:53. Reason: COC RULE 14

yeh you are right there buy i think what they were aiming for it that the nose would break off easier stoping any lifting happening

Quote Originally Posted by charliehunt View Post
    But these days the cars will make or break a team. A mediocre driver in the best car will do well and the best driver in the world in a poor car will not. So much rests on getting the technology exactly right.
    Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull - 13 wins
    Mark Webber, red Bull - 0 wins

Fernando Alonso, Ferrari - Drivers Championship - 2nd
    Felipe Massa, Ferrari - Drivers Championship - 8th

As for a prediction, it is not possible at this stage .... but at a guess, Raikkonen shows that he is slightly the better driver than Alonso. Alonso throws a big strop, Ferrari favour Alonso with new parts etc. Raikkonen tells Ferrari to stick their job up there a...

Quote Originally Posted by benyboy View Post
    As for a prediction, it is not possible at this stage .... but at a guess, Raikkonen shows that he is slightly the better driver than Alonso. Alonso throws a big strop, Ferrari favour Alonso with new parts etc. Raikkonen tells Ferrari to stick their job up there a...
    It's going to be very interesting at Ferrari this year, (remember Senna and Prost at McLaren?), I foresee strained relations at Ferrari sooner rather than later. However, they have the strongest driver line-up by far out of all the teams. Both of them are two of the most consistent drivers in the field, if they get along well and the F14-T is half decent, they're going to be pretty formidable.

only 10 days till the next test and we get to see the lotus properly

After seeing this thread title...what makes this the "Official" post?

Did you pay a license fee to the F1 committee?
    There are two sides to every story. The truth is usually somewhere between the two.

Fully approved and certified by the Mods!
    Charlie

exactly
    Last edited by Deano; 7th April 2014 at 13:54. Reason: COC RULE 14

Can i start an unofficial F1 thread

Aw go on then!

Red Bull will find a way round the regulations as usual and everyone else will cry unfair. I would love to see that smirking Vettel brought down a peg or two though.
    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

Thread Information