Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official F1 Thread

Within striking distance of EGMH - as was!
    That's what we must all hope for if he survives. Reading about it yesterday it seems that it was utter sheer bad luck that he fell the way held did on that rock. A slight difference in trajectory would have saved him. It shows that however much you try to protect yourself in extreme sport it will always be dangerous. I don't think Hamilton did himself any favours posting pictures of him skiing without a helmet.

he has improved quite a bit since the operations and they think he could come out of the coma anyday

Where did you read that Axel? I don't think there has been a statement from the hospital for a couple of days.

No there has not been an official statement for the last 2 days. His official spokesperson has stated that they cannot, and will not speculate as to what the outcome of his treatment has or will be, or the prognosis.of any treatment will be.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

Thanks Linc - exactly what I thought to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehunt View Post
    Where did you read that Axel? I don't think there has been a statement from the hospital for a couple of days.
    I read it on a spacific f1 news site where the management had confirmed what i have said he is still critical but stable as well so not getting worse and that was after the operation i cannot remember the name of the site

I think we would all be well advised to restrict our information to the hospital official announcements and nowhere else, particularly following the inaccurate comment from a member of the family.
    Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

It has since been stated, his helmet, which had a head cam on it, was split into two halves. Must have been some impact. It has also been reported that the ski shops at the resort, has since the accident, sold out of protective helmets.
    Sad way to get the obvious message across.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Look at the wazzucks cycling along with no helmets on --mad.One famous person hurt skiing -major news item -tons of cyclists no helmets ,barely a mention.
    Last edited by Deano; 7th April 2014 at 13:52. Reason: COC RULE 14

What do you expect Gary, living in a Uni town as you do. Worse still, some of these Wazzucks will no doubt end up in Westminster, Gawd elp us.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

all we can all hope for is for him to make a recovery of some kind even if he is left brain damaged or somthing we atleast want him to be alive at the end of all of this

What we might feel and what his family might feel are quite different especially in the appalling event that his life was saved but that he lived with severe brain damage and little or no quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy C View Post
    It's the ebb and flow of the fortunes that make the Ashes series so intriguing.

Good on the Aussies. They have played brilliantly.

Moggy
    They certainly have. Just to think that England were favourites to retain the ashes.
    I believe the odds against a 5 - 0 whitewash were 66 - 1. A few people will have made a tidy sum.
    If the Pakistan side had collapsed the way England did, there would be a lot of mutterings.
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

And we'll probably be thrashed in the ODIs as well.......

Quote Originally Posted by Axel-edwards View Post
    all we can all hope for is for him to make a recovery of some kind even if he is left brain damaged or somthing we atleast want him to be alive at the end of all of this
    Don't agree with that at all.It is QUALITY of life -not just life.

I agree Gary, What's the point of being just a living vegetable, and 100% having to rely on others.He wouldn't settle for 2nd best, it would have to be a 100% recovery or nothing for such a once active guy.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

so the tests are under way with the recovery truck haveing done the most testing after 3 red flags in just over two hours

Quote Originally Posted by trumper View Post
    Look at the wazzucks cycling along with no helmets on
    Oi! Who are you calling a wazzuck?

I have made a personal risk assessment and here in the wilds of East Anglia choose never to wear a cycling helmet.

Moggy
    "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

lewis hamilton has crashed in testing, he went off at turn one due to somthing failng on the car, mercedes said they will investigate the overall cause after rebuilding the car, they are hopeing to get back out before the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy C View Post
    Oi! Who are you calling a wazzuck?

I have made a personal risk assessment and here in the wilds of East Anglia choose never to wear a cycling helmet.

Moggy
    Be fair its difficult to do a helmet up with webbed hands and six fingers! I never saw your most famous inhabitant Allan Smethurst wear one either
    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

this is the first look at the caterham nose, different from other teams and i dont think it looks to bad, picture taken by kamui

Mercedes confirm that it was a front wing failure that caused Lewis Hamilton's crash. Here's what the Briton, in his second year with the team, had to say: "For me it's an incredibly positive start to be the first car out on track and completing a good number of laps.

"Other teams have been going out for single-lap runs, starting a few hours after we had first hit the track, so to have started running through our test programme was very encouraging.

"The car feels quite good, especially considering it's so early in our programme, so overall it's been a positive day. Of course, it's unfortunate to end the day early when everyone has worked so hard and we had looked like easily completing the most mileage of anyone here today, but we'll make that track time back and it's better to have these things happen now than in Melbourne."

day two of testing is well under way with many teams already doing their instilation laps and some drivers doing some timed laps with four times being set which are as follows:

jensom button : 1:38.944

kimi raikonen : 1:39.148

sergio perrez : 1:41.444

estiban gutierrez : 1:44.610

obviously these times do not mean much but this is just an idea of the lap times being set

All quiet on the circuit once again but a bit of breaking news to bring you. McLaren have confirmed the appointment of Eric Boullier as the team's racing director.

Boullier resigned as Lotus' team principal last Friday.

A McLaren statement reads: "Working with Jonathan Neale (chief operating officer) and his senior colleagues within McLaren racing, Eric will ultimately report to the chief executive officer of McLaren Racing, an all new position, whose yet to be appointed occupant will in turn report to Ron Dennis."

Quote Originally Posted by charliehunt View Post
    And we'll probably be thrashed in the ODIs as well.......
    Very nearly !

Just listening to the first 20-20. England need 89 off 5 overs with four wickets in hand !
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Ah!! Chasing the biggest total ever, aren't they? Test cricket is my game, ODIs I follow without great enthusiasm but 20/20 leaves me cold, I'm afraid.....
    Charlie

I'm not that keen on 20/20 myself, but when it's all that's on offer...............

England lost by 13 runs ...

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Alan~ View Post
    I'm not that keen on 20/20 myself, but when it's all that's on offer...............

England lost by 13 runs ...
    The ladies won though

They did indeed - England Women's team won the Ashes! Superb!

Thread Information