Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 109E Projects, current status

109E Projects, current status

Hi all,
    What's the current status on the various E-projects in the UK?
    Craig Charleston has finished two flying ones, there was one underway for a
    German customer, that makes three. AA is making more skins by the look
    Of it. Any info?
    Cees

Do they all have airworthy D-Benz engines? are there many of them available?

Quote Originally Posted by trumper View Post
    Do they all have airworthy D-Benz engines? are there many of them available?
    Hi All,
    trumper along the lines of your comment can you remember R.Coltraines docu series planes and automobiles it featured Black 6 and a Mk9 spit both filmed at Duxford anyway there was a chap on that episode who went around collecting Db's and restoring them would that not be a start for you ?

Geoff.

Was'nt the collector a German guy who had a garage full of DB's. I would love to see that programme again. Is there a link to it?

Quote Originally Posted by skyskooter View Post
    Was'nt the collector a German guy who had a garage full of DB's. I would love to see that programme again. Is there a link to it?
    Hope this helps this is the episode enjoy

Geoff.

Cees,

Here are some shots of bf109 E4 1983 that I took back in December 2012, and this is the first time it has appeared in the public domain.

The task is now complete including the paperwork.

The aircraft is ready for dispatch to the customer, who has subcontracted the wings to another party.

It is a beauty with stunning detailing.

Mark

"...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney…"

Hi Mark,
    Many thanks for the photos just lovely to see excellent shots,just out of interest judging by some evidence on the walls would I be right in assuming restored in England and if so Flying or Static please ?

Geoff.

Thank you for posting those Mark. Stunning workmanship and attention to detail as ever.

Nice pictures, looks a stunning machine. Just out of interest what sort of camera did you use to take them?

Superb - thanks for sharing Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by 1batfastard View Post
    Hi Mark,
    Many thanks for the photos just lovely to see excellent shots,just out of interest judging by some evidence on the walls would I be right in assuming restored in England and if so Flying or Static please ?

Geoff.
    Restored in the UK to fly in Europe.

Mark
    "...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney…"

Quote Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
    Nice pictures, looks a stunning machine. Just out of interest what sort of camera did you use to take them?
    Canon 20D, hand held long exposure, with and without flash and a bit of PSP. Zero natural light.

Mark

Mark,
    So there may be a slim chance of an appearance at a future Legends show then ? that begs the question though why we haven't seen the 262 over here ?

Geoff.

Hi Mark12, judging by the yellow bird mascot on the wall behind the tail this could be a workshop in essex !!. Can you let on as to who is doing the wings ? Or PM me !!

Steve"P"

Nice pics Peter.

Was just thinking about her the other day and plan to speak to CC on this one. Believe it is off to a German client who has a collection. If finished authentically it will be a red number of 14./JG77 (24.01.42) which became 5./JG5 (25.01.42) and yellow wing tips and yellow engine cowl and hopefully the powlar bear emblem. She probably came from II/JG77. Sister ship 1407 is in Berlin DTM though it carries a mixture of black markings/shield of 5./JG77 and later red markings of 5./JG5. Steve, one possiility is the wings will be rebuilt at Meier Motors as they have the jigs and are doing wings for Bf109E-1 (W.Nr unknown) 6-88 Spanish Legion. Might be other facilities but this one comes to mind.

Think she was built as an E-3.

http://www.luftwaffe.no/5JG5.html

regards

Mark
    Last edited by shepsair; 11th July 2013 at 22:08.

Hi shepsair, I was just curious about wings, because we did the wings for the other two that CC put together (3579 & 1342) at Airframes. I spoke to you via are facebook site the other day in connection with the 109 fin skin.

Steve"P"

Sunbury,Australia...just down from Murphy the wonder dog.
    Brilliant photos Mark12, the cockpit shot is excellent.

Regards Mike

Quote Originally Posted by shepsair View Post
    Nice pics Peter.

Was just thinking about her the other day and plan to speak to CC on this one. Believe it is off to a German client who has a collection. If finished authentically it will be a red number of 14./JG77 (24.01.42) which became 5./JG5 (25.01.42) and yellow wing tips and yellow engine cowl and hopefully the powlar bear emblem. She probably came from II/JG77. Sister ship 1407 is in Berlin DTM though it carries a mixture of black markings/shield of 5./JG77 and later red markings of 5./JG5. Steve, one possiility is the wings will be rebuilt at Meier Motors as they have the jigs and are doing wings for Bf109E-1 (W.Nr unknown) 6-88 Spanish Legion. Might be other facilities but this one comes to mind.

Think she was built as an E-3.

regards

Mark
    What I know about bf109's can be written on the back of a postage stamp..but it says E4 on the main data plate.

The wings are in process with a small European sub-contractor at the direction of the customer.

Mark

Stunning pictures Mark 12, very nice 109 indeed. If I will be able to see her when in the collection, I promise to take some photos and post them. But it might take some time until then.

Michael

Wings for this Emil are in progress in Germany, Bavaria, Freising
    (they have real "state-of-the-art" jogs & tools for the 109, their craft is 109, nothing else)

German fighters will fly in Germany...
    Last edited by one-o-nine; 12th July 2013 at 08:50.
    citius, altius, fortius

Weather - Fair with cloudy patches, clear by early evening.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmcmillan View Post
    Paul, yes, they seem to be the ones.

http://www.leichtbau-gmbh.de/

Michael

... here the status some weeks ago ...

Name:  Hartmair_Wings 003_600px.jpg
Views: 3982
Size:  87.8 KB
    citius, altius, fortius

one-o-nine

Thanks for photo and for refernce

Hartmair Leichtbau Gmbh

http://www.leichtbau-gmbh.de/index.htm

You can use google translate to read the text

Post number.... 2001
    Weather - Fair with cloudy patches, clear by early evening.

Mark12, thanks for posting.
    That's a superb restoration, shame (in some ways) that it's going abroad-while the Germans of course have every right to fly their heritage, it would be nice to have at least one genuine Bf109 on the UK circuit!
    Can anybody help with history etc of Werk Nr.1983? Is this an Eastern Front recovery?
    Armchair enthusiast, but also a fan of sofas and recliners.

Bf109E 1983

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Triangle View Post
    Mark12, thanks for posting.
    That's a superb restoration, shame (in some ways) that it's going abroad-while the Germans of course have every right to fly their heritage, it would be nice to have at least one genuine Bf109 on the UK circuit!
    Can anybody help with history etc of Werk Nr.1983? Is this an Eastern Front recovery?
    Tin Triangle

There was a link above and a few more.

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/G-EMIL.html

Red number (not known and nor is the pilot as he survived and walked back to his lines). Even with log books and books on JG5 it has not been possible yet to discover who he was.

14./JG77 or 5./JG5 (depending on date) has been a good source for surviving Bf109's. Bf109E 1407 'Red 5' is in the Berlin DTM, Bf109E 3523 'Red 6' is in Chino and now Bf109E 1983 Red ? is nearing completion.

If marked up historically, it might look something like Red 6.

http://warbirdinformationexchange.or...c.php?p=395324

regards

Mark

The wart on the ass-end of humanity (Penicuik)
    Wow! Would love to see that whizzing past with a couple of Mk.I Spits on its tail!
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Thanks for gen on the camera Peter. I am very impressed with the results.

This is the third to come from that workshop, and IMHO is the best (though to be fair I didnt see the first one!) Superb attention to detail, and first class workmanship.

double post, please delete.
    Last edited by redvanner; 12th July 2013 at 21:30.

Thread Information