Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kev35

Kev35

Anyone know if Kevs O.K. as he has not posted for a while, not that I have seen.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

Within striking distance of EGMH - as was!
    Last posted 19th January as far as I can see...
    Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

Still popping up regularly on Facebook. His health isn't of the best, but he tackles it as Kev always does - thinking of others, not himself.

Moggy
    "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

A member to be respected, as I have discovered in my short time here. I wish him well.
    Charlie

Pleased to hear he is O.K. and hope he is soon fit enough to take up the Gauntlet, once again on the forum.
    Thanks Moggy.

Jim.

Lincoln .7

You never "Know" people on a forum, it's all about impressions that you get from the post and Avatar etc (I can't read Moggy's posts without seeing a sneer from the character in Piece Of Cake....) but somehow Kev35 and facebook doesn't equate to me !?

I wish him a speedy recovery, I don't always agree with what he posts but he is one of the most erudite and coherent members and I miss his contributions.

I wish you well Kev35, get well soon and hope to see you back here.
    You can teach monkies to fly better than that....

I spoke to Kev yesterday. He's got his hands full at the moment but I'm sure he'll pop in when he has time.

Good to hear!
    Charlie

Thank you for the kind comments, it is much appreciated.

My own health has been a bit up and down lately, resulting, two weeks ago, in a diagnosis of Angina. It's being managed so it's just something to add on to go with my APDP. Haven't been able to sit by the PC much lately because one of the tablets I was prescribed (now stopped) has caused intense and excruciating back pain. However, that has now become the least of my worries.

As some of you will know I am care for my Father who is 85 and suffers from Dementia. Some of you on here have met him over the years at Old Warden. Yesterday lunchtime he fell downstairs, backwards. A Paramedic crew were called and he was taken to hospital. It seemed that his injuries were nothing more than extensive bruising to hip, back, shoulder, and elbow with a massive skin tear to the back of one hand. Because of the normal medication he is on it is protocol to do a CT scan of the head following even the slightest of head injuries and he had got a bump on the temple. Unfortunately, the scan showed a Subarachnoid Haemorrhage. The bleed isn't bad but it will take some time before the extent of the injury fully reveals itself. There appears to be some damage to motor function and he is having the odd, mild hallucination. Having said that he was sat out today and eating and drinking so fingers crossed that all of the current issues resolve themselves quickly.

So it's just another waiting game, we have these crises now and again and I'm only too aware (having lost my Uncle a year ago on Wednesday) that all we can possibly do is hope for the best and deal with anything that comes our way.

Thanks again all for your concern.

Regards,

Kev35 (and his Dad, Ken.)
    The Forums only '"blithering anorak" as endorsed by ZRX61

Good to hear from you Kev, sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he recovers from the fall ok.. Take care.
    Peter

Kev ! My heart sank when I saw this thread title, thinking the worse as always ! but having read all my heart is a lot happier, although not the best of news, I can only offer you and your father my sincere wishes that things get better soonest !
    I saw a photo of you two (who knows where) sitting in a Dakota flying from Coventry ? some time ago ! will keep that image of two smiling faces in my mind, I know that you are the best man to to deal with such situations.

regards

Keith
    NOSTALGIA ..... It's not what it used to be .....

Still alive n kicking then, Jolly good show

Just dont go getting youself banned

www.restorebike.co.uk
    www.ezraysnet.co.uk/bhaa
    (aviation archaeology)

ITS NOT HOW BIG YOUR LENSE IS, ITS WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT THAT COUNTS

Keep fighting fella.
    I rarely read or think about The Great War without considering what you might have to say on the subject.
    Andy.
    It is better to be born a beggar than a fool.

Some good news, and some bad Kev, however, I was quite concerned at your not posting, but it's very plain to see why now.I hope all goes well, as you say, it's now a waiting game.
    Fingers crossed, for you both.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Best wishes from the other side of the pond to you and your father, Kev.

It's been a joy to debate and discuss with you over the years (did we ever agree on anything? ) so I hope you'll be able to come back here full time soon!

My father went through a bout with cancer last summer, and though it has cleared up and he is healthier than ever now, it was quite a traumatic experience for the family not to mention him.

My Dad is my best friend, so I can empathize with your plight. I hope things improve soon for the both of you!
    Fox-4!

Kev - my best wishes to you and to your father for his recovery.
    Charlie

Kev, it's also like to add my wishes to you and your father.

The problem with life is, that there is always someone worse off than yourself. Some can take a bit of comfort in knowing that. Others like yourself, just cope with whatever life throws there way, and for that, you have my admiration.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehunt View Post
    Kev - my best wishes to you and to your father for his recovery.
    Seconded..............

Planemike

Always noticeable when great characters of the forum don't post for a while.
    My thoughts are with you and your family and a speedy recovery to you both.
    Quam bene vivas refert, non quam diu.

An update.....

Dad has shown some slight signs of improvement following his fall on Sunday. It's early days and at 85 and suffering from Dementia I find myself hoping for the best and yet fearing for the worst. It was nice to see him smiling today, albeit through the pain. More lucid today and still banging on about getting a couple of rabbits (he used to breed and show rabbits in his youth).

Thank you to all for your good wishes, it is appreciated by both of us. Perhaps one day we'll be able to tell you all just how much.

Regards,

kev35

Nice to hear from you Kev,i too was wondering as i had sent you e mails and PM's .I hope things turn out as best as they can.
    Take care and all the best wishes to you and your Dad for the future.
    The internet is a strange thing-- it can make best friends of strangers-enemies of strangers and send support from strangers all over the world.

Quick story [sorry].My Nan aged 95 is in a care home with Dementia.The lady who takes my blood at blood doning asked me where i was going after giving blood and i said to visit my Nan who was in a care home.Turns out her daughter is a carer there and started a few weeks earlier although i hadn't meet her at that point.
    She is one of my Nans carers and both her and her Mum are both seriously involved in the Western Front ,researching visiting etc.My Nans Dad was killed on the Western Front and now the carer has a link between her and WW1 -- I guess that is rare now as well.Anyway sorry to digress-small world.

Quote Originally Posted by kev35 View Post
    More lucid today and still banging on about getting a couple of rabbits (he used to breed and show rabbits in his youth).
    It is said that the older we get the more we return to memories of youth. I know this is especially true in cases of dementia having seen my grandad go through the same thing.

My thoughts are with you all Kev. Hoping for all the best for all of you.
    Regards Merlin

www.acia.co.uk

Hi Kev glad you and you're dad are ok, I hope he recovers fully, he is so lucky to have you there for him, families are important, you do not realise how much until they are gone.

Best wishes, Mate.
    Terms & Conditions Apply.

Well, we've had a bit of an up and down ten days (in more ways than one) here at the Walsall Home for the Terminally Bewildered. Dad is on the verge of being declared medically stable which is great. Next step, hopefully, is ICT, in which he goes to a home where they can concentrate on his physical, and to an extent mental, rehabilitation, concentrating on improving his mobility until it is such that he can return home.

It's been a long ten days and although we are hopefully reaching a turning point for Dad, the same is not yet true for me. My personal D-Day comes on the 14th with an appointment to see a Cardiologist in the local Rapid Access Angina Clinic. They say a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing and I see this is a major possibility. Knowing, or presuming to know, too much without a definitive diagnosis is probably not the most productive way to spend the week of waiting but it is tempting to read and absorb more information on the subject. As they say, forewarned is forearmed. Until you get to the point that the forewarning becomes alarming.

On a more positive note, I'll leave you with a middle 'C'.

Regards,

kev35

Best wishes, Kev, albeit rather belatedly!

Remind me your address again by PM and I will pop some reading matter in the post to you.

Kev

That's an encouraging update for both you and your father. A bad ten days safely behind you.
    Charlie

Hi Andy.

That is very kind of you and would be most appreciated. However, it relies on you having your PM inbox empty for the two and a half minutes it will take to send you my address.

Thanks,

kev35

I don't know Kev, he might send you one of his books.

That was the plan. Have to get rid of them somehow.

Don't worry. I don't have your address, Tony.

Thread Information