Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharia law vigilantes on our streets

Okay, so firstly I'm not taking sides, but I know that this is of course a difficult situation. I am a teacher of English to foreign speakers but I don't want you all to think i'm taking sides, i'm merely wanting to use this as a "rant" of experiences.

Last year I got called names and spat at on the Metro (in Newcastle) by a man who seen me sitting with my friend from University who happened to be Arab of Lebanese descent, at what point did I cause a problem to this man? Who then found it acceptable to spit at me and call me a "traitor" because I was with someone who despite being from an Arabic country, she doesn't follow Islam, dresses in "normal" clothing and doesn't even wear a headscarf, yet I was still a "traitor" .

As I said, I understand the frustration, but at the same time - people put every single Muslim person into one "pot" - you can't paint everyone with the same brush - not every single Muslim person is what people say they are and I personally think it's because of the media showing them as they do.
    A lot of Islamic people I know are disheartened about the Shariah Law in London and they think it is a terrible situation and is something that should be looked upon and changed because they personally think that the most important rule is to adapt yourself to the culture of the country that you decided to live in - using my friends as examples - all of the people I know who follow Islam speak English fluently, took the official examinations for British English (which in this situation for non-natives is called IELTS) and have gone on to do GCSEs, A-Levels (some onto university) and give money to UK Charities more than international charities and only ever speak Arabic when at home, even their parents who came to the UK will speak English when out of the house.

I've only ever seen the Burkha once in Newcastle too and we have a lot of people here from Arab descent.
    Last Flights
    04/2/14 EK036 Newcastle - Dubai
    05/2/14 EK302 Dubai - Shanghai (Pu Dong)
    05/2/14 CI504 Shanghai (Pu Dong) - Taipei (Taoyuan)

Quote Originally Posted by heslop01 View Post

A lot of Islamic people I know are disheartened about the Shariah Law in London and they think it is a terrible situation and is something that should be looked upon and changed because they personally think that the most important rule is to adapt yourself to the culture of the country that you decided to live in
    Exactly my experience too, Heslop and the only valid attitude acceptable when emigrating to another country. Multiculturalism does not always work!
    Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

Exactly, When in Rome, etc. I don't like seeing the full face covering Burkha?, you just don't know what's underneath it.
    Should we ban it, as it has been in France?.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

In a word, yes.
    Charlie

One abiding memory, I have, is of my mother slapping my hand away, if it was over my mouth, telling me that it's rude to cover your mouth while speaking.

Whilst on the subject of Burkhas, anyone know how well it has gone in France, since the ban was imposed?.

Jim.

Lincoln .7

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar Brooks View Post
    One abiding memory, I have, is of my mother slapping my hand away, if it was over my mouth, telling me that it's rude to cover your mouth while speaking.
    Ahhh, Long gone are the days when manners were in vogue.You can't even give your kids a clip around the ear these days, just in case they phone up Childline

Jim.

Lincoln .7

As I understand it, you're not allowed to wear motorcycle helmets when walking into banking institutions so your face can be picked up on CCTV (should you decide to rob the place).

What's the difference between wearing a blacked out visor helmet and a Burkha with regard to CCTV facial pick-up?
    Feel free to check out my aviation pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lhr_spotter/ - comments welcome

Are you telling me you actually know a Bank worth ROBBING? I had to give my Bank, TSB 2 days notice to draw £**** out, and was told they didn't carry that amount at the branch.
    For some reason, I went straight into Victor Meldrew mode.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

heslop01 when Asian men stop spitting in the street I might agree with you.TB was wiped out in this country until we became multiculteral.

Jim I am with Santander which is a building society I can draw only £500 from a branch plus another £200 a day from a cashpoint but ue my debit card as much as I like. If I want more than £500 in cash I have to give one days notice then I can have what I like funds permitting!
    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

Hi Paul, I get your drift, but when you think, it's YOUR money, be it Pension, Savings or monthly wages, surly they should be able to give you your money, without having to make you wait two days.What if it's a Friday, and you live in a small town such as I do, and food etc, or a car repair needs paying for, plus a multitude of other things?.

Many yrs ago, I was with Barclays, I was on holiday in Cornwall, and saw a boat I wanted, I phoned the Manager of the Bank up,(Back home) who was also a very friendly chap, told him I wanted a Loan to buy the boat, and he stated to go ahead, the money was in my account almost straight away, and the Loan papers were duly signed when I came back home.
    Now, the very same Branch, has no Manager at all,and also, no way could that happen nowadays.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Sorry for thread drift.

Looks like the Feds have collared them-

http://www.asianimage.co.uk/news/101...im_gang_probe/
    Sometimes it's better to be a bumblebee than it is to be Professor Heinkel.

I am sorry but if Muslim...Jew....Christian....scientologist......wh ite...black.....brown.....turquoise...yellow....pi nk or any other variation of the above come to the UK they should be expected to abide by the laws of this Country, failure to do that they should be deported back to their country of Origin, if this is their Country of Origin they should be punished to show them it is not acceptable. The same should also happen to the person spitting in the face of the poster above.

Myself I would deport all illegal aliens, most have arrived from France which isnt fleeing from a Country of persocution, Switzerland has this spot on with their immigration control, but those here legally and not abiding by the laws of the country should be given three chances, if the do not adhere to our laws then their citizenship should be revoked or rights to work in the UK revoked and that includes EU Citizens, they then should be deported back to their homeland.
    Last edited by TonyT; 25th January 2013 at 15:39.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Muslim...Jew....Christian....scientologist......wh ite...black.....brown.....turquoise...yellow....pi nk or any other variation of the above come to the UK they should be expected to abide by the laws of this Country, failure to do that they should be deported back to their country of Origin
    Can't argue with that!
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post

Myself I would deport all illegal aliens, most have arrived from France which isnt fleeing from a Country of persocution, Switzerland has this spot on with their immigration control, but those here legally and not abiding by the laws of the country should be given three chances, if the do not adhere to our laws then their citizenship should be revoked or rights to work in the UK revoked and that includes EU Citizens, they then should be deported back to their homeland.
    The only trouble is Tony, is if when caught, and it was decided to send them back to their Country of origin, they would plead the old horsechestnut, that they would be killed or their family would etc, etc,
    And we seem to fall for it every time.
    Just my opinion.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

I would deport then to France, that is where they came from, it is then up to France to pass them back to the country they came from, it is the First Country in Europe you get to you claim asylum, therefore it is down to France.

How many illegals can you get in a C17?
    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

Quote Originally Posted by paul178 View Post
    How many illegals can you get in a C17?
    Depends on whether you supply parachutes.

Nah!! Make em all swim back fuels too expensive.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Thread Information