Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharia law vigilantes on our streets

Sharia law vigilantes on our streets

I was shocked when this news article cropped up on BBC London news yesterday.

Muslim Patrol, a group in East London, is enforcing Sharia law on the streets of the capital. Telling girls to cover up, snatching alcohol off quiet passers-by and telling gays to "get out of this Muslim area".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gA03rXifM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5O2-...ctr=1358958225

Posters have also been put up around the area;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21142148

I can't wait for the day a member of the group walks down my road so I can enforce some of my own street vigilante justice on them!
    Feel free to check out my aviation pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lhr_spotter/ - comments welcome

sign of the times in the UK... sickening

granted some of the rules on the poster are quite good, however, no! makes me sick to think were losing areas of the country to sharia law, where (without meaning to sound racist) a white man cant walk down the road without being verbally abused by people like the "Muslim patrol"

those fools in suits need to sort this country out before its completely ruined
    Project Oblivion-Coming Soon

At The Going Down Of The Sun
    And In The Morning
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!!

R.I.P

too late for that me thinks...
    Cheers,Peter
    "Merlins always drip oil, when they don't....worry!"

according to reports,this `gang` was two men,both were arrested and have been condemned by local mosques for stoking up racial tension.Sadly you`re always going to get idiots....
    `Information is the currency of democracy`. Thomas Jefferson

Al is offline Embittered old curmudgeon
    Trying to enforce medieval laws on a modern society...
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!

Quote Originally Posted by hindenburg View Post
    according to reports,this `gang` was two men,both were arrested
    I think the gang comprises of slightly more than two, but you are right in saying this is an isolated group in the Islamic community.

Without wanting to sound like a racist, if these men don't like the rules in the country they know where they can go!

The truly sickening thing is, with a criminal record under their belts they're never going to get a job in this economic climate so they will inevitably be kept warm at the expense of the law-abiding UK tax payer.
    Feel free to check out my aviation pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lhr_spotter/ - comments welcome

Sounds like yet another example of the media ( BBC again?) stirring up a relatively trivial story for sensationalism.
    Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

I can't imagine why anyone is surprised. It is all so predictable. The events in Afghanistan, Egypt, Syria and now Algeria and Mali and these occurences on the streets of Britain are all linked with the establishment and acceptance of the world wide Caliphate.

Pop into your local mosque. There should be literature a-plenty and they'll be pleased to think that someone is interested enough to ask questions and may indeed be a potential convert.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-100 View Post
    Without wanting to sound like a racist, if these men don't like the rules in the country they know where they can go.
    And where do you propose to send other types of people who don't like the rules in this country, such as tax avoiders, persistent speeders and those who flout the law regarding hunting with hounds?

Fair's fair.
    You can't fool owls.

Re 10

Grey Area

That's a specious argument. The people you mention do not pose an acute threat to the life and limb and liberty of the broad mass of people in this and other countries.

The standard medical treatment for most forms of cancer is to surgically remove it. In the context of this particular 'cancer' our leaders lack the will and conviction to do anything about it. So, their apparent toleration of this rather nasty affliction means that it grows stronger, more confident in the belief that it will not be immediately challenged and they are right.

In the meantime our leaders take refuge in the lying obfuscation that our Armed Forces by their actions abroad are 'keeping the streets of our cities free from terrorist activities'.

And that is what the public believe !

Nice rant, John.

Just so we understand one another, are you giving me to understand that each and every individual Muslim around the world - around 20% of the world's population - shares a common purpose that poses an acute and present danger to the UK and 'other countries'?

Or is it just the ones who live in places where you'd rather they didn't?
    Last edited by Deano; 24th January 2013 at 19:13. Reason: COC RULE 14
    You can't fool owls.

It entirely depends on your point of view. The vast majority of Muslims ive met are totally peaceful, and are about as nice as people get.

However, many of them would like to live by Sharia. They don't want to violently enforce it on others, but they still want it all the same. This is fine for now, until such a time as they become the majority in the UK (which, going by current trends, is only a matter of time now. I'd even suspect that their are far more practicing Muslims in the UK now than all other religious groups combined), and then our democratic society will favour their system.

At what point is it a danger? Now, or when it's too late?

I don't know about you, but I don't want future generations of my family having to live in an oppressive religious regime.

Instead of the government supporting Sharia law, they should have been opposing it.
    Last edited by Deano; 24th January 2013 at 19:13. Reason: COC RULE 14

Not wanting to generalise, although I know I am with the comment, it seems to be the Muslims from the Pakistan region that cause the majority of the problems in the UK.
    Bar the Libyan problems from the '80s, North Africans and those from the Arabian peninsula don't seem to cause too many issues and I've found them to be very accustomed and respectful to British culture. Or at least more so than those from Pakistan and the surrounding territories.
    Last edited by Matt-100; 23rd January 2013 at 20:31.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather see the resources of our Police and security services used to identify, locate and neutralise those who actually pose a threat to life and limb in the UK - irrespective of creed and colour - rather than being wasted in pandering to people's prejudices.

No UK government has ever advocated or supported Sharia law in this country, and what laws foreign governments choose to implement in their own domain is their own business.
    Last edited by Grey Area; 23rd January 2013 at 20:43.
    You can't fool owls.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Area View Post
    No UK government has ever advocated or supported Sharia law in this country, and what laws foreign governments choose to implement in their own domain is their own business.
    http://www.inbrief.co.uk/preparing-f...in-britain.htm

Nothing new about allowing people to choose to use religious courts for civil matters, mate.

Are you familiar with Beth Din? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7233040.stm
    You can't fool owls.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Area View Post
    I don't know about you, but I'd rather see the resources of our Police and security services used to identify, locate and neutralise those who actually pose a threat to life and limb in the UK -
    Being ex Army "neutralise" has a different meaning if that is what you mean I am all for it!
    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

I have no problem whatsoever with the use of deadly force as a last resort, when it is the only available means of preventing imminent death or serious injury to innocents.

It becomes a problem when it is routinely used as a first resort or to enact a political or religious prejudice, though.

That's what the bad guys do, isn't it?
    Last edited by Grey Area; 23rd January 2013 at 21:13.
    You can't fool owls.

Re 12

Grey Area

No I'm not inferring anything, If any of us have a quarrel with Islam, it is more with militant Islam, the Islam that espouses enforced Sharia and evangelises the concept of Caliphate (Google it).

We seem to my eyes to have more of this variety in Western Europe than the more liberal, tractable kind kind of Islam with whom we can all live.

You know well, that the illiberal. autocratic variety of Sharia that we appear to have in this country is 'streets away' from the kind of avuncular advice commonly offered by the Beth Din tribunals of Judaism.

I've said this before: I fervently hope that I am completely wrong in my forecast. However my experience like my memory is long, and I remember that successive Governments in this country have, from time to time, expressed the pious hope that the democratic, liberal experience of life in this country would persuade those arriving here and who did not hold those views would instead, over time adopt the habits and customs and political and religious tolerance of the host country. It did not happen and it won't happen.

The reasons are not complex. Sharia supporting Moslems in this country do not like what they see and hear in the way the majority of our people live their lives. I for one, do not blame them. The behaviour of a significant number of our people as witnessed by the Police and the NHS and Social Services on the High St. at weekends is disgraceful. You don't hear of many Moslems being arrested for hooliganism and drunkeness.

If we can instill some sense of correct behaviour and propriety in the way the British conduct themselves this, by itself, would do more than anything else to impede the progress of Sharia.

There was once this chap, Enoch Powell, remember what he said?, and he was just laughed off.

Jim.

Lincoln .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

Not by everyone by any means! But that was another time and another problem. But you are implying that in 2013 the same problem is manifesting itself in a different form. I think you are right -it is in some areas. This thread is infringing the territory of a similar thread a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by Deano; 24th January 2013 at 19:14. Reason: COC RULE 14
    Charlie

Al is offline Embittered old curmudgeon
    Islam and the capitalist Christian west are on a collision course - another Crusade started with the Gulf War, and can only escalate the more nations we interfere with.
    I wonder which side the British Muslim community will take up when the shi'ite really hits the fan?
    What jubilation we experienced when the Arab Spring began. Democracy in action, we said - until Islamic fundamentalist parties won the elections. Oh - that wasn't supposed to happen...
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Oh - that wasn't supposed to happen...
    Indeed it was not!!
    Charlie

24 posts for a wind up?
    If I wasn't a never was I could have been a hasbeen

Well I'm quite in favour myself.
    If the intention is to drive the sort of sh*t off the night time streets that their handbill (pictured) shows, then I'm very in favour.
    They can come round here and sort out Luton and Dunstable starting Friday night.
    It'd be nice if people of my age (fifty) could walk out to a cinema or restaurant with a feeling of safety of an evening--without some nasty little f*ckwit stoked up on booze and drugs causing grief.
    Let's face it, the Police have failed, the authorities have failed and we've failed. I don't blame people for taking the law into their own hands. I don't care what religion/race they are--if they're cleaning up the streets, they get my vote.
    Unless of course you lot can't hack the thought that the hated ****/wog/rag-head (please delete title as applicable to suit your own personal prejudice) is more proactive than you are.
    As ever, I remain non-aligned.
    Andy
    Last edited by Andy in Beds; 24th January 2013 at 09:36. Reason: Don't need a weather vane to know which way the wind blows.
    It is better to be born a beggar than a fool.

I wholly agree with your sentiments, Andy, but ghettoes and "no-go areas" are the last thing we need. What we need is proper trained policmen on regular beats and in numbers, ready to act without wondering if they are allowed to under H&E resatrictrions. We do not want policemen sitting on their backsides pushing pieces of paper around from desk to desk.
    Charlie

Charlie me darlin'.
    What I actually think what we need is a society where people seem able to respect one another and have the desire to go about their lawful business without threat from anyone.
    Sadly, we are a long way from that these days.
    We're an unhappy little island--my guess is that being crowded together and isolated on this ghastly little pellet of land makes us all fractious.
    Up until recently, my sister lived near La Rochelle.
    I could happily go out in the streets there on a Saturday night for a bite and a drink without the sort of scenes you see in almost any British town on a weekend evening these days. And La Rochelle isn't alone, it seems universal on the continent. I'm not naive enough to say that Europe is some kind of utopia because it isn't--parts of Paris can be a bit dodgy but....

They seem to retained something we have lost--Respect--is it..??

My own view is that these Shariah people are just filling in a vacuum left by the proper authorites and the fact that the rest of us have voted in successive governments with a creed of personal greed over any form of morality.
    Welcome to Britain 2013.

Maybe we should all mobilise and go and clean the sh*t (both physical and metaphorical) off the streets.
    Last edited by Andy in Beds; 24th January 2013 at 09:36. Reason: Watch your parking meters
    It is better to be born a beggar than a fool.

Andy

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!!

I lived in France for a few years and although it has many faults ( which country does not ) life in both towns and small communities reminded me of my years growing up here in the 50s.

Our society has become fragmented and I believe that the laissez-faire attitude to the family unit has had a strong negative effect on much of our way of life. I think we have more broken families, more single parent families and a higher divorce rate than any other European country.

It has to be said that France has as much social tension due to the high rate of Muslim immigration as we do.
    Charlie

[QUOTE=Andy in Beds;1980358]Well I'm quite in favour myself.
    If the intention is to drive the sort of sh*t off the night time streets that their handbill (pictured) shows, then I'm very in favour.
    They can come round here and sort out Luton and Dunstable starting Friday night.
    It'd be nice if people of my age (fifty) could walk out to a cinema or restaurant with a feeling of safety of an evening--without some nasty little f*ckwit stoked up on booze and drugs causing grief.
    Let's face it, the Police have failed, the authorities have failed and we've failed. I don't blame people for taking the law into their own hands. I don't care what religion/race they are--if they're cleaning up the streets, they get my vote.

What we need are an army of Charles Bronsons..... However Andy, I do agree, "They" have lost the plo(D)t, there are NO GO areas in London, where even the Police dare not go, and that's from the head Comissioners words, not mine.I wish the days would come back, when you could leave your front door unlocked, go to work, come home, and things were just as you left them.
    Wishful thinking I know. I agree also, respect has seemingly gone from our society, from top to bottom.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

Thread Information