Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Long Flypast,,,,,,

So Long Flypast,,,,,,

Well - after reading some of the posts and threads over the last few weeks I've decided - I'm off.
    All you armchair experts, experts experts, all the pushing sunshine or snow up experts backsides in the "Burma Spitfire saga" is frankly nauseating beyond belief.
    I hope this forum regains some of dignity soon, otherwise as stated in a couple of other threads - I'll leave you to it.
    There's some good guys on here, I'll keep in touch. The others, I hope the armchairs comfortable.

Switches off. All safe.

Mick

Here, here.........couldn't have put it better myself !

Oh come on, you always did like a good moan--you old Spifire fondler.
    You asked after me the other day, and I'm well thank you--surviving after a fashion but still hanging on.

And yes, there are a load of self obbsessed pompous 'experts' on here but not everyone.
    Today over me bit of breakfast toast I saw this little thread and it cheered me up.
    Not all is bad.

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=97691

Just put all those you don't like on 'ignore'--works for me.

Andy
    It is better to be born a beggar than a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by moocher View Post
    I hope this forum regains some of dignity soon

Dignity? You'll have to remind me when that was?

Though as you've left I don't suppose you will.

Bye.

Moggy
    "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy in Beds View Post

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=97691

Just put all those you don't like on 'ignore'--works for me.

Andy
    Exactly! And that's the sort of thread that makes it all worthwhile....mind you if you want seriously obsessed experts take a peak at MM now and then!!
    Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

Moocher

Sadly in all walks of life there is always "experts" moaning, putting us right and putting thier views over others as if we do not exist regardless if they are right or wrong, most of the time they have no idea what they are talking about and sole member of thier own supporters club

Sorry to see you go Moocher.

Regards

Jay
    Rules are for fools and the regulations are for the guidence of wise men
    OH HAPPY DAYS

Bye.

Ironically,i thought over the last few weeks there seems to be a lot of new names posting and some excellent threads.Why cut your nose of to spite your face,read the good threads and leave the ones you aren't interested in but no need to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by moocher View Post
    Well - after reading some of the posts and threads over the last few weeks I've decided - I'm off.
    I hope this forum regains some of dignity soon, otherwise as stated in a couple of other threads - I'll leave you to it.

Mick

Mmmmm.... always that element of doubt
    When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No one has ever collided with the sky

Trumper, you have a PM - Eagle?
    www.whirlwindfighterproject.org
    It's all good. Probably.

Well thank you for letting us know . I , for one havnt the faintest idea who you are & did'nt realise you were so full of SELF importance , that you needed to post your intentions .

Well bye , for now , please dont take up, drinking , as that is a bigger depressant than buried Spitfires,,,,,,

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by AutoStick View Post
    Well thank you for letting us know . I , for one havnt the faintest idea who you are & did'nt realise you were so full of SELF importance , that you needed to post your intentions .
    ditto, who?
    http://www.flightmemory.com/ I have been round the world 10.8 times!

A bit of a bizzare and dramatic thing to do. If im watching the TV and i dont like the channel its on then i change the channel, I dont get a new TV!!!.

No one is forcing you to look at the posts or make a comment. Yes there are idiots in all walks of life and even i have my moments (quite often ). Any other forum will have the same amount of idiots, so better the idiots you know etc blah blah etc.

I neither know or met most of the people on this forum but for the most part they have been a jolly good and helpfull bunch.... If you cant have a good "Hand bags at ten paces" now n then then life would be boring

www.restorebike.co.uk
    www.ezraysnet.co.uk/bhaa
    (aviation archaeology)

ITS NOT HOW BIG YOUR LENSE IS, ITS WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT THAT COUNTS

Quote Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
    Trumper, you have a PM - Eagle?
    Replied

Toys. Out. Throwing. Pram....

Re-arrange.
    http://andysaunders.tumblr.com/

German Embassy on WW1 commemorations: 'We would prefer not to have any celebrations, having lost.' Well, yes.

Moocher - if you think Historic is cobblers, have you ever ventured onto the Modern Military section ? That truly is a cartload of Coprolite.
    In the end, we're all stardust.

Afterthought - why did we all bother to reply, he won't be reading any of this ?
    In the end, we're all stardust.

Bet he is!
    http://andysaunders.tumblr.com/

German Embassy on WW1 commemorations: 'We would prefer not to have any celebrations, having lost.' Well, yes.

Chalk one up on the flounce board. Let us know if you want thus to close your account too. Effectively that means slapping on a voluntary permanent ban. but do please reconsider? We need engaging lovely contributors who make a difference. If you can do that by sowing the seed with a new thread, that's great
    See how they wheel, bank and glide? Perfect. All in one.

While any of you t*ss*rs may not have heard of him, I'd rather read five words of what he'd have to say than the pages of utter cr*p I endlessly see touted as fact and personal knowledge on here most days.
    If any of you took the time out to find out who Moocher is, then you might agree.
    Mainly because he knows more about vintage aviation than the rest of the contributors to this thread combined (self included).

His profile reveals nothing so please share your knowledge with us.
    Charlie

No, I won't do that--because what he wishes to reveal is his business.
    Why don't you PM him and ask him?
    Last edited by Deano; 23rd January 2013 at 18:04. Reason: COC RULE 14

So moocher was incapable of not clicking on the Burma thread & has decided to leave owing to his own weakness?.. confused...
    If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    So moocher was incapable of not clicking on the Burma thread & has decided to leave owing to his own weakness?.. confused...
    I guess you know him from your past too.

As Andy says, if moocher is who I remember him to be then he really has a wealth of experience in the preservation movement.

Having said that, in as much as Key allow it to be, this forum is an arena for all to air their views. Yes, there are occasions when ridiculous comments and statements are made, I've made more than a few myself. As others have said, the ignore list works. I personally don't use it because I find it heartening to note that there are people who post here who are as daft, if not dafter, than me.

In the grand scheme of things I suspect that should moocher choose to stay away then the forum will suffer no great harm. It's just that another opinion or point of view born of long experience will no longer be heard.

I'm an expert at nothing, know little of history and have little or no knowledge of how the historic aviation movement actually works, what little I have gained has come from the likes of moocher and the other 'experten' who frequent the historic forum.

I would imagine that moocher's input will be missed more by those other experts and people 'in the know' than by the likes of myself.

I was trawling through some ten year old posts the other day and was surprised by the number of people who have drifted away from the forum over the years. I was even more saddened to think of those who have not only left the forum, but have left life itself.

Regards,

kev35
    The Forums only '"blithering anorak" as endorsed by ZRX61

Quote Originally Posted by Andy in Beds View Post
    No, I won't do that--because what he wishes to reveal is his business.
    Why don't you PM him and ask him?
    Not that bothered, Andy - it's up yo him. I'll take your word it.
    Charlie

In 2006 I joined the American Jeep Patriot Forum ...I no longer have my Jeep , but still post & chat with some people who enjoy a bit of English banter.

By my reckoning now in 2013 there are probably about only 15% of the old boys left on that site that joined in 2006 . Bearing in mind that Americans tend to keep their vehicles for a lot longer than we do here in UK ..The rest is made up of members who have joined in the years 2007-----2012 ...

We see this from time to time.

I am never sure what the departing poster would like us to do.

We (Mods) don't control what is posted here, just trim off the extremes and generally keep the place tidy. We can't impose 'dignity' even if we knew what that meant in that context. As many have said, nobody (except the moderation team) is compelled to read every thread.

Anybody is at liberty to stop posting, but some seem compelled to make a big drama of it - no announcement required guys. just stop.

Or are we meant to beg for their return?

I am sure Moocher had a lot to offer from what Andy has said. It's a pity he chooses not to, but that is his prerogative.

Moggy
    "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

Ex BBMF
    Ex Flypast Forum
    Current Drama Queen

And to quote yourself

as to the sad gits with no intension of listening to other peoples views, I hope it rains on you each and every day.
    One hopes you find what your looking for in life, but please do take a chill pill.
    Last edited by TonyT; 17th January 2013 at 22:06.

Thread Information