Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: 1:32 Lysander

1:32 Lysander

Just ending my 1:72 Avro Anson and taking a peak at my 1:32 Lysander, this is the Revell kit, bought from the Shuttleworth collection and will be finished with their Lysanders decals. My question is about the Revell paint codes is a comparison chart available to compare Humbrol to Revell? I know nearly everything is matt black, but I'm just thinking of the internal areas etc?
    Incidentally it's a nice kit well worth £9.99.

I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

Ah perfect! Thanks very much.

As you're probably already aware the Lysander kit is a re-issue of the old Matchbox kit, so it's worthwhile checking out some online build reviews to see which are the most challenging bits of the build. I seem to remember the wing strut sockets are a touch too far outboard, and so the wings sag slightly if you don't cut/drill new sockets slighlty further in.

This is from my dodgy memory, so it might be worth double checking.
    "Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease." Sergei Sikorsky

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Harrington View Post
    As you're probably already aware the Lysander kit is a re-issue of the old Matchbox kit,

I remember making the old matchbox kit and using a black rattle can as I didn't own (at that time) an air brush. I left a perfect outline of a Lysander wing shape on my bedroom floor much to the chagrin of my parents !

Those Matchbox 1/32 kits were brilliant (Sea Venom, Lysander, MK-24 Spit, BF-109E, SBD..) random collection but I loved them.

Tiger Moth as well IIRC ?
    You can teach monkies to fly better than that....

It's an old matchbox kit? I suspected as much as the mouldings have "made in ####" and the England is moulded out, but it's the old matchbox font.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

No problem Chris, glad to be of service. It's not a 'bad' kit as such, but these older kits just have that "extra work" factor built into them being of an older generation. Apologies if I've put you off building the thing!

In most respects, Revell's re-issues of Matchbox kits are very welcome as they covered such a broad scope of scales and subjects. Who else would be doing a 1:32 Lysander if Matchbox hadn't done one? I built the 1:72 scale SB2C Helldiver recently, and although it needed work I was very pleased with it:

http://modelingmadness.com/review/al...ingtonsb2c.htm
    "Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease." Sergei Sikorsky

Thread Information