Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Revell Bf 109F 1:48

Revell Bf 109F 1:48

Seen as the Airfix 1:48 Seafire is nearly finished and the Spit 22 is well on its way thought i'd post a picture of the nxt project. I'll be posting right from the start of the build with this one

very nice subject, I do like the 109 F and G,

I have a Revell 1/32 109f completed in primer for the last 3 months. I am dithering about what colour scheme to paint it. Its a blooming minefield trying to sort out colours for this thing!
    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

I've just picked up the hasegawa version of the trop as my first venture, should be easier to paint as it all two colours which will help me to learn how to use an air brush

thanks for the Hannants tip very useful

Hi nibb

Just started, will post some pics up

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    Hi nibb

Just started, will post some pics up
    thanks I'll watch it for tips as the kits are almost identical

Smile

My older brother use to have a 1/48 Me109 and same make I think, and it looked beautiful all painted and completed.
    Al

Nothing flies without fuel, so let's start with some coffee!

finally got around to starting them...........Building 2, one with engine cowls open to show off the enigne, The 2nd aircraft will have closed cowls.

Im in the process of building up the cockpit side walls, The revell cockpit supplied is very basic. Most will be scracth built. Not going to mass detail them, just add a few bits and bobs. Second picture is of parts been made ready for having a coat of RLM 66. I've stuck the parts on pieces of tube and blue tack to aid airbrushing.

Also bought this book to help with the builds

Last edited by Yorkie; 26th December 2012 at 15:28.

it's looking good, what colour have you used on the fuselage is it RLM 66?

the guy I got my kit off included a complete Eduard kit of photo etches, I don't know if I can do the full cockpit, it all looks a bit daunting

I've got the book on it's way to me,I need every bit of help I can get!!

the paint on the second one is some tamiya grey I had, just wanted to see the shade, ive ordered xtracylix rlm 66 from hannants

thanks
    it's all good clean fun this
    not only have I got to learn about etches I've also got to learn about how to remove resin bits from their bases, he's also included a bunch of them,

I thought Revell kits were supposed to be easy?! well this one isnt

The little issue im having is getting the front section to all line up, it dosent help that there are no locating pins on the fuselage, any hows, weres there a will theres away.

Ive decided to fit the cowls first before joining up the fuselage sections, i think fitting them after, like the instructions say is going to cause all sorts of alignment issues. The 109F im building with the engine showing will have the Starboard side cowl fitted, the other kit will have both cowls fitted. Plus this also adds strength to what realy is quite flimsy front end. Picture is of the first aircraft with engine showing.

Dry fitted the the main sections on the two kits to make sure everything fits nicely when it comes to glueing, surprisingly one of the kits fitted much better than the other, the 109 which is to have the engine showing requierd quite abit of messing and filing to get it to fit together well (this is the one with the starboard cowl fitted in the first picture).

Here is an alternative colour scheme for you.

Or maybe a diorama? I do have the full marking details and history somewhere, but its not a 'known' photo.

I am not a model maker, but it may be of interest. Enjoy.

Happy New Year!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cheers Andy, looks like an interesting photo, May be I will do one in different markings, mite even go for the diorama.

Mite go for a P40 MIA desert scene for next project complete with Egyptian target practice holes :diablo:

Yorkie, I have just reread this thread. Try not to use blue tack get some white tack instead it does not leave a residue(its great for masking camoflage)
    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

Thread Information