Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Status of L-188 G-LOFC

Just seen LOFC being towed along the taxiway at Coventry to the parking area near the control tower. Not sure when it arrived.

Her heart still beats!! Thanks for the updates, many happy memories of being involved with dear old 'FC

Neil.
    "Behold! The Wings of Horus"

Not the best pic as the weather was atrocious, but it shows G-LOFC on the west apron on Monday. I was told it went out on Tuesday and have seen that its is now working Bournemouth-Jersey.

Baginton 31th Jan 001 by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

cheers

Shane

G-LOFE now working the Liepzig run. G-LOFC working from Bournemouth.

cheers

Shane
    Last edited by Sylar; 1st February 2013 at 19:37. Reason: updated info

Tell me if this is boring and I'll stop but I think some of you photography enthusiasts want to be kept in touch. Anyway, LOFC has just arrived at Coventry and headed for the hangar.

Not boring even if I am nowhere near it!
    http://www.flightmemory.com/ I have been round the world 10.8 times!

LOFC is out on the airfield doing engine runs (as far as I could tell, they have spent these few days working on the propellor of the port innner). If it departs today, the wind is such that it will be using runway 05.

Currently outside the hangar with engine covers open, word is its on investigation until 16.00 on Saturday, no work booked until 03.00 on Monday. It 'could' leave sometime in btween then. I will try to find out as I missed it coming in. What time did it arrive on Wednesday?

cheers

Shane

er, I can be barely remember what happened today :-)

Looking at my post, I suspect it was 1200ish.

Thanks. Annoyed as I was at home on Wednesday and 05 was in use, which when it is I can see the incoming flights from the bedroom window.

cheers

Shane

Not had the chance to find out but did the Electra leave on Sunday at all?

Cheers

Shane

Sorry, I'm not likely to make it to my office at Coventry this week to check.

Thanks, I will see if I can get over in the next day or two.

cheers

Shane

anyone know if the Buffalo bellyflop landing features in the current Ice pilots series

Hexham Northumberland, 21 miles to the west of Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerhoop View Post
    anyone know if the Buffalo bellyflop landing features in the current Ice pilots series
    It does indeed, a whole episode is dedicated to it! Fantastic coverage.

The aircraft has now been repaired and is back in service.

It seems that LOFC left Baginton early hours Wednesday morning. It's back on the Bournemouth-Jersey run. NPT543/544.

Cheers

Shane

hope i have it recorded i missed the first couple
    need to view catchup

Quote Originally Posted by cockerhoop View Post
    don't think it is, they didn't have a film crew on board

Hexham Northumberland, 21 miles to the west of Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Quote Originally Posted by nibb100 View Post
    don't think it is, they didn't have a film crew on board
    Look at this link, go to episodes, then season 4, then Episode 6 "Crash Landing".

http://m.icepilots.com/#load_ep_s04

The whole episode is devoted to the incident. Lots of in aircraft footage.

Crikey, our cup runneth over, now LOFE is here.

For those with more general spotting interests, there seem to be about four visiting aircraft at the south side terminal this morning. It is rare to see so many at one time. Nothing as interesting as an Electra though.

Just been informed that an Electra was coming into landing but with the low cloud there was no chance of a visual. Guess that it was LOFE, which has been working from Leipzig of late and is the boom fitted example. Went out this morning and came back in just after 4. What are the other aircraft, ATP's and 737?

Cheers

Shane
    Last edited by Sylar; 7th March 2013 at 15:50.

LOFE is on the move again, couldn't make out the desination.flight number NPT544P, which curiously is showing on plane plotter as NPT741!

Cheers

Shane
    Last edited by Sylar; 7th March 2013 at 17:09. Reason: Additional info

LOFE is now working the Bournemouth-Jersey run. NPT543 early morning NPT544 return in the evening.

Where has LOFC got to? I will endeavour to find out, could well be under my nose at Baginton!

Cheers

Shane

No sign of either flying Electra outside here at Coventry this morning.

The south side stuff on Wednesday wasn't that thrilling. It was only worthy of comment because I rarely see more than one aircraft parked over there. The four were: a couple of light twins; a Dornier; and a large biz jet, one of the older Canadair / Bombardier types I think. It's still here. I think it's a regular visitor.

LOFE is parked outside the maintenance hanger this morning. Both Electra hulks are also now there so with a bit of imagination and a wide angle lens a keen photopgrapher might get all three in one shot. It is damp, freezing and there's a horrible wind so you'd have to be keen!

Quote Originally Posted by JOE-FBS View Post
    It is damp, freezing and there's a horrible wind so you'd have to be keen!
    I think that covers all the Forum's photographers!
    http://www.flightmemory.com/ I have been round the world 10.8 times!

On the apron with APU and fuel trucks in attendance. Runway 05 in use. (Don't blame me if it doesn't go anywhere!)

It's just left and was filmed by a professional looking camera. As I then passed a distinguished veteran canadian pilot and TV regular in the corridor, there might be a reason for that!

I saw her arrive last night and filmed her. I was meant to try and find out earlier today what was occuring but didnt have chance. Look like the rumours where true then, gone to Buffalo Air.

I was hoping to get the last departure myself and didnt expect her to go so quickly.

cheers

Shane

Well that was fairly intense!

From the time I read the posting that she had departed I was frantically trying to locate her on Planeplotter. At about 14.55 I saw she was to the south west of Stratford at around 1500-2000ft. I then got a text from a mate in Stratford saying that something like a Herc had just been over his house several times. That's was LOFE then. Picked her up on the scanner and she was coming back in on 05.At this time I had to take the Mrs to work and pick the kids up from school.While waiting for the kids she went up again for a return back to Charlie Tango. She went past me while in the playground and off into the distance. Mad dash to Lucy's house to drop her off at home and then with my kids in tow a race to the airport was on as she was coming back in. Just got to a good spot and caught her coming in, lights ablaze!
    Back in the car to near the west apron to see her backtrack and sit in the threshold of 05 before she went back to the west apron and shut down.

This all happened in the space of an hour. For those who know the area, I live in Lillington, the wife works in Leamington, the kids go to school in Cubbington and I needed to be in Baginton.

And then it started to snow!

Link to vids later.

Cheers

Shane
    Last edited by Sylar; 22nd March 2013 at 16:01.

Thread Information