Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: What made you (want to) Swear Today IV?

Waking up at 6 am with the migraine from hell, closely followed by a text message from Cruella advising that as it was cold and snowing, she could drop by with a hat, scarf and gloves for our daughter......

Hello, excuse me poppet, have now been looking after the kids for over 2 years, I feed them, clothe them, and even let them have warm clothes in the winter and cooler clothes in the summer, and a mixture in the spring and autumn.....
    You can teach monkies to fly better than that....

I'm getting a little tired of seeing a headline banner, on here, telling me that 3 people have "unfriended" (where the He-- did that god-awful word come from?) me. And, no, I'm not going to find out who, because I don't b----y care.

On a similar theme Edgar, the use of the expression 'frape' to describe somebody using another persons Facebook to post things to embarrass that person. It is obvious what the expression is linked to and since when the f___ has that been a slightly upsetting misdemeanor!
    If you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much space!

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar Brooks View Post
    I'm getting a little tired of seeing a headline banner, on here, telling me that 3 people have "unfriended" (where the He-- did that god-awful word come from?) me. And, no, I'm not going to find out who, because I don't b----y care.
    Children, children Edgar - not worth bothering about. Keep posting what you know and what you believe!
    Charlie

Keep smiling - it's never as bad as you think!!

Is "Unfriend" a KEY word. :diablo:
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

maybe I should use the "smile" thread on these....

but working out arrangements to walk down to Cruella's in the snow with the kids during the usual "stand still" on the roads..... I get the ever helpful text, this time reminding me that my daughter should wear her wellies.

I paid good money for those flip flops in the summer and she will get her wear out of them !!!

Today? Hillarys response to these questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=FHh52PRLIcI
    If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

managing a disciplinary at work, the guy was fired for "misappropriation".... over £600 of company funds in a single month. Walk of shame to his desk to clear it out, then on out of the building.

silly **** was bang to rights, but it's still hard to do.....

Not today but on Monday - picked up some visitors from Luton Airport and would feel less like being the victim of a mugging, if they'd just stolen my wallet as I drove into the short term car park. I was there for just less than an hour and had to empty my pocket of £13+ for the privilege of parking on what purports to be a car park but resembles a patch of waste ground.
    The pick up/drop off zone even charges you a £1 for 3 minutes? Has to be one of the worst airport experiences as a meeter/greeter.
    I have the pleasure of dropping them off there tomorrow. Think I may need to take out a loan to cover the parking charges!!!!!
    Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Had to go back to the solictor to get involved with Cruella - all expense that I don't want, but Oi, love, you can't committ to anything without a discussion, certainly if its to do with the kids while in my care and oh, taking our daughter to the doctor without telling me is a no no, I really should know about these things.......

Finding out from the Tax man that I will be paying more Income Tax this next year, even though my financial circumstances havn't changed.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

A guy walking around the office today with a big box and a step ladder, taking down one neon strip light out of three to save money on the lighting bill.

I sense a career change in my very near future........ and having time to look after my garden......

Starting work at 9:00am

getting phone call at 9:03am from my Aunt, telling me one of my other aunts had died at 3:12am this morning....

good timing

especially as its a year today that one of my very close friends died

joys, still have to plod on through the day to work though, needs must
    Project Oblivion-Coming Soon

At The Going Down Of The Sun
    And In The Morning
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!!

R.I.P

Nonsense spamming that makes no sense and makes extra work for people to sort out. Especially when the vast majority of people on a forum post really good posts, and have good debates, and post info and updates. Then it takes one idiot with no life who thinks they are funny, to act like a complete and utter xxxxxx!

(I kept that polite)
    Al

Nothing flies without fuel, so let's start with some coffee!

Yet another day without the sun streaming down on us and no blue skies.

Makes all the difference when is does.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Yet another company trying to get me to buy things for "Mother's Day"; it's "Mothering Sunday" in this country, sunshine. Ironically, my mother (deceased 20+ years) hated the whole circus, and wouldn't let me spend out on cards or flowers, especially the latter, since they were always dearer that weekend. Never stopped her accepting the odd box of chocolates, though.

Well of course you are quite right but a) who now celebrates it as the Christian day, which it is and b) how many sons and daughters actually do anything for their mother other than buy gifts?

In reality it has become Mother's Day.....
    Charlie

It's foggy around here today and only when it is do you realise how many modern cars are only equipped with parking lights and some with no lights at all.
    Charlie

Home insurance company trying to pull a fast one

The wart on the ass-end of humanity (Penicuik)
    Forking out for a new suit. Must really cut back on the pies!
    There is nothing to fear but fear itself. And spiders. F**k spiders.

Daren Cogdon

Quote Originally Posted by charliehunt View Post
    It's foggy around here today and only when it is do you realise how many modern cars are only equipped with parking lights and some with no lights at all.
    The ones with parking (daytime running?) lights are idiots: the ones with NO lights are morons!
    That's how you can tell them apart!
    David
    Grumpy since 1939!
    (AND I now have a friend!)

Thank you - I appreciate the distinction!
    Charlie

When someone picks up a very 'effin expensive, very rare, very exclusive Gibson Les Paul and drops it! Despite having a 12"x12" sign that has printed on it; 'PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH! THANK YOU!' attached to it!

Quote Originally Posted by EELightning View Post
    When someone picks up a very 'effin expensive, very rare, very exclusive Gibson Les Paul and drops it! Despite having a 12"x12" sign that has printed on it; 'PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH! THANK YOU!' attached to it!
    Hope it was ok.

Following someone driving at 35 mph on an open road in a 50 mph zone .They caused tailbacks and people then got impatient and overtook.If they are going to drive slow at least be decent enough to pull over and let traffic past.
    Oh ,lorries overtaking each other at 56 mph on dual carriageways and 2 lane motorways They should be forced to follow each other AND leave a 3 lorry gap between them.

Quote Originally Posted by trumper View Post
    and people then got impatient and overtook.

Oh ,lorries overtaking each other at 56 mph on dual carriageways and 2 lane motorways They should be forced to follow each other AND leave a 3 lorry gap between them.
    A significant factor in traffic accidents!

And, yes, the 58mph lorry ovetaking the 57mph lorry - and sometimes up an incline!!
    Charlie

This forum/website at the moment,every other posting has issues.

"This web page is not available
    The web page at http://forum.keypublishing.com/newre...reply&t=116750 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Error 103 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Unknown error.

Perhaps it has something to do with this:

Forum upgrade
    All,

We will shortly be moving the forum to a new server. As a part of the migration process we will also be upgrading the software to a newer version which will improve the functionality and look of the forum.

In order to make the transition as smooth as possible and keep disruption to a minimum, we will need to turn attachments off for a few days until the move is complete.

Cheers
    Webmaster
    Charlie

Yeah i know but it still makes me want to swear grrrrr

Be patient guys.. there will be issues with the forum from time to time.. The new forum will be much better!

Some of us are!! I am well used to internet problems of one kind or another on a regular basis......and it's not as though Key is the source of your bread and butter, just a pleasant and interesting distraction from the chores of life!!
    Charlie

Thread Information