Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you (want to) Swear Today IV?

What made you (want to) Swear Today IV?

Intruder in the garden around 7am, chased off by half naked man with crutches.......

....not a pretty sight!

(3rd time this year)

Old thread:

What made you (want to) Swear Today III?

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/sho...d.php?t=104292

Baz
    Last edited by spitfireman; 13th May 2012 at 10:31. Reason: Added old thread
    www.wallond.com

Can T22 WT525, Can B2 WD954, Vamp T11 XE921, Pilatus P2 A-125 (cockpits)

What made you (want to) Swear Today IV

A **** on a bike. I'm turning off at the first exit on a roundabout. Mr Green & Black Spandex, unqualified, uninsured on the cycle path thinks he has right of way, so he slows and points ahead as I approach the exit and makes to cross the road (BTW, ignoring the "road" markings on the cycle path). I then get the arm wave and finger as I proceed, within the speed limit, with a full licence, and fully insured on the highway following my right of way.

I have had it with people on bikes thinking that they are saving the planet and therefore they own it.

Had he not stopped, and had I hit him, where do I claim for damage to my car? What an utter, utter ******
    You can teach monkies to fly better than that....

www.wallond.com

sorry Baz, I had just poured bleach in my eyes to try and remove the image of you half naked chasing a bloke.......

hope all is well ! other than that....
    You can teach monkies to fly better than that....

penalties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quam bene vivas refert, non quam diu.

Still raining...

It's summer, is this some kind of joke?

Global warming my a$$

As it has now been realised that the UK is not heading for a Mediteranean climate, the environmentalists call is now climate change rather than global warming.

That way whichever way the weather goes it's all down to us CO2 polluters, the truth is, the "experts" don't know, haven't got a clue as what drives the climate.

A challenge to any environmental experts, what is the normal climate pattern for this world?

Is it an ice age scenario or is it totally free from permanent ice?simply this planet has spent considerably longer in both those states than in our present temperate climate.

Real scientists regard our present climate as inter-glacial ie. not a permanent situation at all.
    Last edited by Deano; 20th July 2012 at 00:22. Reason: CoC Rule 14

Quote Originally Posted by ppp View Post
    Still raining...

It's summer, is this some kind of joke?

Global warming my a$$
    Tis traditional wimbledon type weather,and if you think about it the weather at this time of year for the D Day landings was pretty foul and was almost a show stopper...remind me again when did global warming start ?
    People have been spoilt by a few 'nice weather' years...meanwhile back to 'normal' (for a small maritime island LOL )

Bazv.

I remember the days, (Here we go again) When at school, and we had the 6 week holidays, it was so hot, you sweated buckets, these "Summer holidays" we bail our houses out with those same buckets. Remember the days when we used to play in the Farmers fields, and no one said a Dicky Bird to you?. Nowadays to have to be able to out run a 12 guage shotgun if you do. It will soon be Mid Summers day, and the longest day also, then Hey Ho, back to Winter. They realy were the good old days.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

just got a message telling me one of the learners at the centre where i occasionally volunteer, has been found dead at home after the police forced entry, seems he passed away in his sleep, he was a daily user of the centre because he wasnt able to get out and about much, no family, we were the closest he had, the centre was such a loud place when he was in ( deep booming voice)

its such a shame, the centre isnt going to be the same

thats the 2nd one from the centre we have lost, only a few months apart

Rest in Piece George
    Project Oblivion-Coming Soon

At The Going Down Of The Sun
    And In The Morning
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!!

R.I.P

1. "It's in the shade..."
    2. "They've got water in there..."
    3. "We've only been gone 10 minutes..."
    4. "It's not hot in there..."
    5. "The windows are open a bit...."
    6. "I've had dogs for 30 years - I know how to look after dogs..."
    7. "You're just a troublemaker...."
    8. "You don't know what you're talking about..."
    9. "I'm just about to give them some water..."

It's 21-23ºC outside - over 30ºC inside my car. Which of the above excuses were rolled out by an elderly couple, after I confronted them about leaving 2 GSDs and a Collie in the back of their estate for 1 hour and 15 minutes? The car windows were open about six inches all round, the rear of the car was partially in the shade and the windscreen was in full sunlight.

I spoke to the councils car park enforcement officer who noted my concerns and stated she would keep an eye on the dogs. She basically said the police won't attend unless there are signs of distress and the RSPCA are much the same.

I popped into the vets over the road and picked up some 'dogs die in hot cars' leaflets, one of which I left under the car windscreen wiper. In the end I handed it to the driver when I got back to my car.

Why are people so stupid?......
    Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

I carry a window break spike for just such an emergency.

Baz
    www.wallond.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    1. "It's in the shade..."
    2. "They've got water in there..."
    3. "We've only been gone 10 minutes..."
    4. "It's not hot in there..."
    5. "The windows are open a bit...."
    6. "I've had dogs for 30 years - I know how to look after dogs..."
    7. "You're just a troublemaker...."
    8. "You don't know what you're talking about..."
    9. "I'm just about to give them some water..."

It's 21-23ºC outside - over 30ºC inside my car. Which of the above excuses were rolled out by an elderly couple, after I confronted them about leaving 2 GSDs and a Collie in the back of their estate for 1 hour and 15 minutes? The car windows were open about six inches all round, the rear of the car was partially in the shade and the windscreen was in full sunlight.

I spoke to the councils car park enforcement officer who noted my concerns and stated she would keep an eye on the dogs. She basically said the police won't attend unless there are signs of distress and the RSPCA are much the same.

I popped into the vets over the road and picked up some 'dogs die in hot cars' leaflets, one of which I left under the car windscreen wiper. In the end I handed it to the driver when I got back to my car.

Why are people so stupid?......
    From a different forum, Just asked my dad who is a police officer, and he too was unsure about it - he said it is a very grey area, however you probably wouldn't be prosecuted for smashing the window because the police would be more interested in prosecuting the car owner for cruelty to animals - so it would probably be overlooked, but I suppose it is dependant on the situation.
    If you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much space!

I'd be reluctant to put a window in - I'd have grabbed a vet from over the road first, if the dogs were showing signs of distress. They had been locked in the car for an hour and a quarter, so I suspect they weren't comfortable, and as at least one of the GSDs looked fairly old, it would have gone downhill first!

Animal Welfare Act 2006 has introduced legislation for pet owners – giving them a legal duty of care to meet the five welfare needs of their pets.

The couple could not see their actions as being irresponsible - I wonder if the next time they decide to go shopping, leaving their dogs in their car, they'll need to buy some large bin liners...
    Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Bob, As an X copper, I would have put the window in and face the music later. They could do you for Criminal Damge, but strangely enough, I had to deal with a similar thing years ago when a woman locked her goat in a shed and did a Moonlight, I traced her to London, arrested her for Criminal Damage, to the goat, which died due to the heat in the wooden shed, and no water. So if one of the dogs had died, the driver could be charged with C.D.

I fail to see why people have pets, and then neglect them. Due to the recession, I saw on T.V. that dog owners are tying their dogs in public places, knowing the RSPCA will be told, and the animals taken into care.
    And we call ourselves a Nation of Animal lovers.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

My lovely sweetheart has taken quite a fancy to my Gibson Les Paul Custom 'Black Beauty'...

...Where we live, two bedroomed (ruddy big rooms) flat, obviously one for us, and we have the other we've made a jamming & chilling out room. Two walls have my collection if Gibson & Ibanez Guitars and Marshall, Orange, Mesa Boogie amps, heads & cabs & a few other things, and Kellz has her quite large but seriously cool looking Premier/Tama drum kit etc....My Gibson Les Paul 'Black Beauty' is always put back right next to her drum kit. I hang it back up where I normally have it but strangely enough it always ends up next to her drum kit...She was playing it tonight and I asked why she very rarely plays the others, she looked at me with an evil but charming & lovely grin and said, 'I like this one!'

Hmmm...I think thats a hint!

And, very happy to say - after a rant on here a few weeks ago! Gibson have announced that, albeit a while ago, they're going to produce more 'Les Paul Classic Custom' models (these newer versions). So they'll be on the go for quite a long time. And I could possibly buy one of them...Very, very pretty!!! And sounds very evil! :diablo:

So who was/is your favourite Guitar player?

Mine is Link Wray.

For those who don't know of him,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUHz0i8_ziA
    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

Theres a lot to choose from from different Genres, but it'd have to be Dave Murray from Iron Maiden for me. He's one of the very few that can make a very complicated piece look very easy to play. I wouldn't want to challenge him to a solo duel.

Practically every course apart from mine has their results now from Uni ... fml!

Oh and I'm getting rejected from jobs ... some have even said, and I quote, " We couldn't take you on from this point as you're a graduate "...
    Next Flights
    20/12/14 EK367 Taipei (Taoyuan) - Dubai
    21/12/14 EK035 Dubai - Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by heslop01 View Post
    " We couldn't take you on from this point as you're a graduate "...
    I remember a lot of RAF Officers were taken on, all graduates, some years ago.

.......nice club if you can get in.
    www.wallond.com

Afraid that wouldn't work for me, being epileptic with un-cured seizures means I'm not even allowed a provisional driving license
    Next Flights

..sort of narrows the field a bit.

What do you want to do?
    www.wallond.com

Getting the largest gas bill ever for the Winter quarter, even though we cut back.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Her Majesty the Queen.

Regards,

kev35
    The Forums only '"blithering anorak" as endorsed by ZRX61

Agreed .....a bitter pill to swallow
    www.wallond.com

another funeral

And In The Morning
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!!

R.I.P

This storm
    Next Flights

robbie that storm was awesome, it could have been better with more thunder and lightening though

And In The Morning
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!!

R.I.P

pope

The pope and his disgusting religion, so glad old henry got shut of them.

PC Simon Harwood walking free from court today. What made it worse was the evidence that was witheld from the jury about this thugs past.

He is an utter disgrace to the uniform he wears and tarnishes the name of all decent Coppers out there trying to do a hard job.

Still he has to face his employers who I hope and pray dismiss him from the service without a golden handshake!
    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

Thread Information