Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Introducing AirForces Daily - FREE 24 Hour Trial!

Introducing AirForces Daily - FREE 24 Hour Trial!

Welcome to AirForces Daily. We believe this military aviation website, with its news, videos, searchable Attrition and exclusive features is set to revolutionise the way in which you are kept informed. Unlike many websites that you might find on the Internet, AirForces Daily is authoritative and the information is searchable by country, air arm and aircraft type.

News is continuously updated by the Military News Team, who also provide the latest developments for our AirForces Monthly and Aviation News magazines.

The Team can call upon its huge set of worldwide correspondents as well as press releases from the defence industry and the military. So you will be kept in the news loop, as it happens! Currently, there were over 1300 news items on the website spanning a year on air arms all over the world.

Attrition is compiled on a daily basis with initial reports updated with the Official Crash report and photos, as soon as they are released. You can search records by date, type, country or air arm, that go back to 2000 and there are plans to go back even further to 1990!

Also unique to AirForces Daily are the videos, found under the appropriate section, with detailed captions explaining exactly what you are looking at.

There are exclusive features which include Force Reports, Operations and Exercises, as well as Air Show and Event Listings and Blogs by the AirForces Daily editorial team on the hottest military topics out there.

So whether you are a military aviation enthusiast, defence industry professional or a member of the armed forces, AirForces Daily will provide you with unrivalled news coverage, independent and informed commentary with archived resources.

So why not subscribe today?
    Access to all of this exclusive content starts from just £4.99 per month, with further discounts on longer term subscriptions. Furthermore, our loyal magazine subscribers receive special discounts! Click here for more details.

FREE 24-Hour Trial
    To see more of AirForces Daily before subscribing simply click here and enter your e-mail address for a FREE 'access all areas' 24-hour trial!

Key Magazine Subscriber?
    If you don't know your Customer ID to claim your discounted rate you can find this by looking on the address sheet which is sent with your magazine. Alternatively, Call +44 (0) 1780 480 404. Mon-Fri 9am - 5.30pm or e-mail info@keypublishing.com with your request, quoting your name and delivery address.
    Last edited by UPDATES; 31st May 2012 at 09:59.

An initiative with huge potential.

But really strange to see how a product with worldwide access without any addiitonal costs or resource implications is promoted as if it is only targetting the british market.

I guess that the chance that I get an answer is close to nill but I really would like to know why this product is promoted in this way

Quote Originally Posted by drabslab View Post
    An initiative with huge potential.

But really strange to see how a product with worldwide access without any addiitonal costs or resource implications is promoted as if it is only targetting the british market.

I guess that the chance that I get an answer is close to nill but I really would like to know why this product is promoted in this way
    Hi Drabslab

Thanks for taking the time to send a message. I agree there is huge potential for AirForces Daily (AFD) but it definitely isn't being geared for the British market. Its a global brand, just like AirForces Monthly. Around 60% of the AFD subscriptions taken out to date are actually from overseas.
    As Editor, AFM (99-2010) I geared AFM for the global market - but the one weakness was that people didnt get the news as soon as it broke. Often they had to wait six weeks to get the mag, so the news was pretty outdated and may even have been taken over by events. Well thats not the case anymore as the web solves that issue. As the AFM Editor, I also had a lot of requests for a sortable Attrition database, couple that with videos and lighter features then make it all searchable by country air arm and aircraft type and you certainly have huge potential. I look forward to you subscribing! :-) Alan Warnes, Editor AirForces Daily

An idea!

Oh cool will look into that, Key Publishing has no problem extracting money out of me!

Whilst we have a representative of the publisher can I take the opportunity to make a magazine suggestion for a gap I perceive in the market! I was going to suggest it at the Key Pub tent at the Waddington airshow but the ediitor was wasn't to be seen.

Can I suggest that Key Publishing launches a sister magazine to AFM called MFM. That acronym standing for Maritime Forces Monthly, the fact is there is only one magazine in the UK that dedicates itself to military ship news which is frankly rather poor consisting mainly of vitriol about the state of the Royal Navy, attacks on the RAF and hardly any detailed news or reports on navies or warships. I think Key Pub could really fit that niche for a high quality magazine in the style of AFM with a mix of news, articles about ships, navies and analysis of technology. There could even be a monthly attritions page as I know the editor so enjoys having it in the AFM pages . The other magazine in the market that has Warship and Fleet in its title often will only have a few pages mentioning an actual warship with hardly any depth of information whilst filling the rest of the magazine with highly bias opinion pieces, something AFM is pretty good at avoiding!

I would certainly add a subscription to that magazine and feel there would be many here on this forum who would also buy it...and even offer articles...even I might get the typewriter out .

Please Key Pub have think about it

Fedaykin24
    Because sometimes in life we need a bit of fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXNAp3mKepc

Thread Information