Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: OO Gauge Class 66 EWS, 66200 (Mark1 Modelmaking)

OO Gauge Class 66 EWS, 66200 (Mark1 Modelmaking)

My heavily weathered Bachmann Class 66. Completely drybrushed with not so much as an airbrush in sight. One of my personal favourites :-) This one wasn't done for a customer as it's got a problem with its rear drive shaft, which keeps dislocating on corners and needs to be rectified - other than that she runs perfectly :-)

My apologies for the low quality of the image. My camera is a mere 3.2 megapixel.

Looks really nice.

Have you got any other models you can share with us?
    I always wished that some of the plastic model manufacturers would make kits of british traction... I don't have a model railway, but I would be interested in a large model train - Static!

Very nice, and not over weathered too. Looks just like the ones I see on Hull dock regularly...
    Nice looking machine, shame it's a bit young for my layout...
    Victor XL231 Blog- http://victorxl231.blogspot.com/
    Home of the V-force on the web: http://twittervforce.com/

Thank you guys. It's always nice to receive positive feedback :-)

I do have some others, a Regional Railways Class 37 being my main attraction before this one came along. Also three BR Mark 1 coaches I'm currently weathering. My pride and joy however is probably my updated version of Oakham Signalbox, which is still ongoing. The kit itself was designed in 1957 and continues in production today with Dapol. My kit however dates from 1977 and sported Airfix packaging. I regret that I was never much of a collector and the urge to build it overwhelmed me. Will post some pictures shortly :-)

OO Gauge Regional Railways Class 37, 37414

Sorry about the very poor image quality - as the camera goes, the one used for this photo was even lower quality than my current one. This was taken on a friends layout where she's been making guest appearances for over a year now, to the delight of those visiting the layout (apparently)

Very nicely done.
    Good to see another fellow railway modeller on here!

It certainly is lol. I'm going to have to post some pictures of the signalbox and Mark 1's soon

Nice 'Tractor'!
    I've 2 of them, an old Tri-ang and a much newer Railfreight Hornby which I'm looking at getting rid of as it just doesn't fit in with my layout. Or perhaps I'll just repaint it in a more appropriate livery, hmm decisions...!!!
    Victor XL231 Blog- http://victorxl231.blogspot.com/
    Home of the V-force on the web: http://twittervforce.com/

Definitely repaint Only proper repaint I've done was the Mark 1. All my other rolling stock jobs have been weathering related. I really need to invest in an airbrush set-up. The drybrushing takes forever. The 66 took me about a week and the 37 at least 2 weeks (not bad for a first attempt) - it apparently receives some very good reviews.

Thread Information