Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Home needed for large slide collection

Home needed for large slide collection

I hope the moderators will allow me to post this please, since it is not a sales pitch.

A few years ago I inherited a large collection of original aircraft slides taken between 1963 and about 2006. There are somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000 of them, most but not all catalogued, covering both civil and military subjects mainly in the UK but including Europe and some in the USA. Since acquiring them they have not been touched, and I know that it is extremely unlikely that I will ever do anything with them. Therefore the time has come to pass them on to someone who can make better use of them.

I have no desire to profit from the collection, since they were left to me by a dear friend who was the photographer. The only conditions are that whoever is prepared to take them off my hands makes a decent donation to their local air ambulance fund, a charity to which the originator was devoted, and secondly they must collect from my Buckinghamshire address.

There is a list available on request which covers about 90% of the collection, but I must emphasise that the collection cannot be split - it is all or nothing. I will not get into discussions about whether the slides are all on Kodachrome or whatever, that to me is trivial.

If this arouses anybody's interest, then please send me a private message as soon as possible. We are planning to move soon, so I want the collection off my hands before we do so. This is not meant to be a threat for dramatic impact, but if there are no takers, the collection will simply have to be dumped sadly.

I do hope someone cares.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Could you send a lit to peach38336(at)hotmail.com. Thanks. I couldn't see them being dumped!!!!!!

Thanks.

Martin
    RR

http://www.fromthelens.co.uk/gallery.html

Use the web for what you don't know, not for what you've forgotten

Hi Martin, Thanks, will do.

Regards

Steve

Hello Steve

Just to flag that I also sent you details of my email but via a PM, for a copy of the listing please.

Tim
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."(Mary Baker Eddy)

Hello Steve,

Is this part of the large photo collection you were trying to get rid of in March last year?

Cheers
    OG

No OG, this is another collection.

Dear all,

The collection has now found a new home and the winner has been notified.

Very many thanks for all the generous offers; the air ambulance is getting a substantial donation.

Regards

Steve

Thread Information