Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: That could have been nasty...

Bazy.
    I love that.
    I get that many visitors who come up the hill from the hallowed acres of Old Warden, who drink my Tea and eat my biscuits that I've considered chucking the bikes out and putting in tables and chairs and starting a cafe..!
    If the lad could do a decent Chinese, then we might be on to something..! I've already had suggestions that I start serving that local delicacy--The Befordshire Clanger.

A.
    Last edited by Deano; 4th May 2012 at 21:14. Reason: CoC Rule 15
    It is better to be born a beggar than a fool.

Andy, Don't you just love this forum, we have gone from a simple accident, to a member who realy does need to pass his test, even Baz at Newquay could help fill in the forms for him, to opening a Chinese takeaway, and 3 legged Donkeys, on Newquay beach.

Who is taking who for a ride?.
    What a bunch of wind up merchants, I recon poor old T64 will end up in a nut house if we are not careful.:diablo:
    Jim.

Lincoln .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

i'm very thick skinned jim but then i don't do ignorant acts like those that were posted in the video and if that is the standard of an "allegedly " experienced biker them i am extremely happy to be as far sepperated from him as possible !!
    Last edited by Deano; 4th May 2012 at 20:58. Reason: CoC Rule 15

T64 Yep, I'll go along with that, you have to be very thick skinned on here at times, but you must admit, you do leave yourself wide open at times, and this time is one of those times

Pardon the pun, but just go along with it for the ride.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Quote Originally Posted by tornado64 View Post
    i'm very thick skinned jim but then i don't do ignorant acts like those that were posted in the video and if that is the standard of an "allegedly " experienced biker them i am extremely happy to be as far sepperated from him as possible !!
    Well personally I doubt 2/3rds of everything you write.
    You might have a thick skin but you're certainly a graduate of the 'Adolf Hitler School Of Etiquette and Charm'.
    If you really do deal with the sick (which I doubt), I hope your real bedside manner is more polite (and subtle) than the way you conduct yourself on here.

Quote Originally Posted by tenthije View Post
    Cell phone. Besides, if the lead is even remotely a good driver he will use his/her mirrors and notice the group is missing. At that point he/she can either wait or turn around.

As for the difference between 4 or 5 people on scene, the idiot crashed his bike in a corner with poor visibility. It would be advisable to have one or two people standing before the corner to warn other traffic the road was blocked. Even if it only took seconds for the idiot to get the bike of the road (and I am not saying it took just seconds).
    Cell phone? for what? The guy was just ahead of me, you can see him in the video.
    The road WAS blocked.... by the 4 guys who stopped right behind me.
    If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Quote Originally Posted by tornado64 View Post
    exactly there was all sorts that should have been done even down to asking yourself .... " why did he go down so easy ???" and if he's hit diesel , is it on my tyres too ??
    If you pay attention to the video you can see EXACTLY why he crashed. Anyone who has passed his test can easily work out what happened.
    If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy in Beds View Post
    Well personally I doubt 2/3rds of everything you write..
    Only 2/3rds? I don't think the walt has ANY credibility at all.

I had a rare moment of generosity.
    Last edited by Deano; 4th May 2012 at 20:59. Reason: CoC Rule 15

Yesterdays ride was uneventful.... except for seeing what appeared to be a HUGE bug hovering at head height right in front of me. I tilted my head to the right to avoid it & at the last moment realized it was actually a hummingbird. It does show up on the video, but if you blink you won't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    It does show up on the video, but if you blink you won't see it.
    Got a link..?

It's uploading, then I'll trim it down to just the bit with the bird. Probably take the rest of the day given the speed of YouTube uploads...
    Yesterdays ride was sedate as I had a slight brake issue to deal with...

No doubt Walt will appear to tell us how he used to work for the RSPCB...
    Last edited by ZRX61; 23rd April 2012 at 18:32.

Rick, Never used to get brake probs with Brit made bikes. Rumour has it your seeing your shrink any day now as your having nightmares about Walt.
    Jim
    Lincoln .7

It was down to some mechanical numpty forgetting to use blue loctite on a rear caliper bracket bolt.

Luckily the mechanic in question doesn't work on aircraft...

oh wait..

anywho, quick temporary bodge got me home ok....

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post

anywho, quick temporary bodge got me home ok....
    Ah, the bodge factor...

A mate once holed a piston on a KH400, we fixed it at the side of the road by putting a nut & bolt through the hole, gave him a pretty strict RPM limit due to the obvious imbalance & extra dynamic load

Still did the job & 50 miles later, safe home. The poor old KH needed a complete rebuild though.
    Sometimes it's better to be a bumblebee than it is to be Professor Heinkel.

Knew a guy who bought an H2 off a well known bodger. Couldn't get it to run on all 3 cylinders. Finally popped the head off the offending cylinder & found evidence of a seizure & a tennis ball stock on the end of the conrod... 20 years later we still called him "tennis ball"

When I got one of my VF1100's home I found the 'previous expert' had been riding it with the rear brake caliper seized on.
    The disc was down to 50% of it's minimum wear limit.
    So that landed in the scrap bin.
    I revived the caliper though after much heat, freeing oil and and a hammer and driving bar--just add swearing.
    Sadly though, that bike has had a hard life of neglect and I've ended up stripping it completely. I've never cleaned so much dirt and sh*t off a bike as it's come apart.
    Next year sees it's thirtieth birthday, and my intention is to have it running by then.
    In fact the other VF I have is thirty next year too, but I reckon it'll be forty before it goes again, having stood in a barn for fifteen years.
    Andy

15 years in a barn is a walk in the park compared to 70yo aircraft though

Yes but you just build a new aeroplane around the data plate don't you...???
    I do agree though (and know) that aeroplanes are somewhat some more complicated than bikes.
    I also see it weekly at the collection.

It was a damp barn though with an open window next to it.....
    Last edited by Deano; 4th May 2012 at 20:59. Reason: CoC Rule 15

*cough*, that never happens

Have ya had a look here? toolbox in the last post was left somewhere a bit wet....looks ok now tho. It's handy having to tools to sort stuff.. including sorting other tools..
    http://forum.keypublishing.com/showt...t=99067&page=3
    Last edited by Deano; 4th May 2012 at 21:00. Reason: CoC Rule 15

You VERY briefly see a flash to the left between 2-3 seconds into this.. If you manage to pause it at exactly the right moment you'l see it. Concentrate on that power pole on left side & watch for the flash of feathers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ_gj86Vb2g

By the powers! After a few attempts I saw the little critter
    Sometimes it's better to be a bumblebee than it is to be Professor Heinkel.

I spotted it a couple of times.
    Hard to see but there's something there.

I just wish we'd get a dry day or two here at present.
    Back in March, with the weather warm and dry, the phone was happily ringing, now with a very wet and cold april, no one much is thinking of biking I suspect.

It doesn't appear on my computer monitor when it was doing the Harrier impression. Might show up better on a larger monitor with higher resolution. All I see is the flash of feathers as it broke to my left.

I'm not a biker myself but it's nice to see pics of everyone's previous classic steeds on here.

My Dad was once presented with 2 tea chests full of bike giblets and the words "there's a bike in there, can you build it for me?"

Turned out to be a Black Shadow
    Victor XL231 Blog- http://victorxl231.blogspot.com/
    Home of the V-force on the web: http://twittervforce.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_2 View Post
    I'm not a biker myself but it's nice to see pics of everyone's previous classic steeds on here.
    Sold this one to a friend who promptly put this ugly seat on it...
    It's a '76 KZ900_A4 with a '75 Z1B paint job on it..

& here are 3 others I used to have. L to R: '75 Z1-B, '78 KZ1000-A2 & another '76 KZ900-A4. The serial # on this one was only 27 from the one above.

& my ZRX11 with the late Gary Nixon trying it on for size & yes, that's a Rob North Trident in the background.

Very, very nice! I wish my Dad had kept photos of his old bikes. If by some miracle he has I'll share
    Victor XL231 Blog- http://victorxl231.blogspot.com/
    Home of the V-force on the web: http://twittervforce.com/

Thread Information