Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: That could have been nasty...

Quote Originally Posted by bazv View Post
    And of course if you pass your test then you can still ride a 125 (if you cannot handle a real bike )
    And of course you can junk those very uncool L plates
    Bazy.
    I agree and this isn't a big bike thing. I know plenty of people who like smaller capacity bikes as a hobby.
    A mate is restoring a Suzuki Stinger from a pile of scrap--I do like them. I'd actually like a Honda CD175 in Honda blue as a project (if I didn't have too many projects already).

No, it's a can't be bothered to pass a test and then claiming to be an expert (on everything) thing, which causes me the problem.
    It is better to be born a beggar than a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by tornado64 View Post
    exactly !!

whereas the poster of this vid is quite possibly guilty of leaving the scene of an accident and speeding !!
    You don't have a clue what you are talking about. It's NOT an accident, he merely dropped the bike. You don't have a clue how fast I'm going nor do you have a clue what the speed limit is on that road. Of course as you ride a 125, anything above walking pace would look fast..
    Last edited by ZRX61; 22nd April 2012 at 04:02.
    If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy in Beds View Post
    Well no not exactly.
    You chose to ignore the intention of the law.
    Isn't it convenient when you do that??
    Pass your test--people will respect your opinion much more.
    As far as I'm concerned and judging from other comments made here, you remain a wanabe, and in that respect I'll regard you views after you've passed.
    He hasn't taken the test because he knows he will fail miserably....
    If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Andy...I agree and this isn't a big bike thing. I know plenty of people who like smaller capacity bikes as a hobby.
    A mate is restoring a Suzuki Stinger from a pile of scrap--I do like them. I'd actually like a Honda CD175 in Honda blue as a project (if I didn't have too many projects already).
    I agree andy...I was just joking about the real bike thing,back in the early 70's I ran 3 bikes...

A Honda CD90Z which I used for running round the airfield

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=hon...29,r:0,s:0,i:5

A Honda CD175 which was a 'bitsa' from 2 bikes - for bad weather riding

A BSA 650 Thunderbolt which I rode on nice days/long trips

No, it's a can't be bothered to pass a test and then claiming to be an expert (on everything) thing, which causes me the problem.
    Absolutely agree again,and he must be at least 150 years old with all those jobs and experience

Bazy.
    Back in March, our 'friend' had this to say....

"personaly i think it is a good thing but it should be fair and braught in across the board i think the car test is way too easy and should be toughened up the same as for bikes
    Presumably the bike test was 'toughened up' sufficiently so as to make it too difficult for him to pass himself...?? Perhaps I'm being somewhat uncharitable here but I'd guess (if I didn't know otherwise) that this was written from the perspective of someone who had passed his test and knew how hard it was (or not as the case may be) to gain a motorcycle license.
    Actually of course, unless they want to be saddled with a passenger and 'L' plates for ever, car drivers don't really have the option of endlessly renewing a provisional license.
    Last edited by Andy in Beds; 22nd April 2012 at 06:53.

I bet the Princess won

Wyvern & Sturgeon parts projects
    Bassingbourn Tower Museum Volunteer

Email wyvernfan[at]gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    He hasn't taken the test because he knows he will fail miserably....
    like i passed the car test first time with minnimal leasons the first of wich was in town centre manchester rush hour traffic where i was just left to get on with it as i had been driving and riding since 14 yrs old

and for the reccord just because i haven't ridden bigger bikes on road doesn't mean i havent ridden them off roads as cannot be avoided when working at a motorcycle dealers !!

Bazy.
    Back in March, our 'friend' had this to say....

Presumably the bike test was 'toughened up' sufficiently so as to make it too difficult for him to pass himself...?? .
    not in the slightest it is actualy a pretty easy test i do however begrudge the 5-600 quid price tag to do it !!

sometimes funds are an overiding factor i run a house on my own on limmited funds it would be nice to have that ammount of cash to throw arround after everything else but i won't have it for quite a while

i know to some on here that is probably a weekends pocket money but others work hard in demanding jobs for little reward

as i've said before think on !! if you aquire a head injury whilst riding myself and many others like me will be the ones aiding on your road to reccovery or nursing you for the rest of your life with little thanks or financial reccompence
    Last edited by tornado64; 22nd April 2012 at 09:27.

I passed my motorcycle test at 16(yes you could ride them at that age in 1961)
    I passed first time on a 50cc Zundapp like this £25 for it.

The very next day I went and bought a 1950 500cc Vincent Comet like this for £45

I rapidly worked my way up by some smart trading with my mates to a new Triumph Bonneville.
    That was the background to my entry in motorcycling.

Now what happened back then. Their were six of us who went around together like teararses.
    Two Died, Two were very seriously injured,me and another survived(god knows how!)
    Protective clothing was jeans,leather jacket,white scarf and winkle picker boots.(helmets were for cisseys)

My veiw is anything that keeps youngsters off bikes is a good thing.If that means stiffer tests,high insurance and more regulation on a bikes performance the better. As for those going through the male menopause and getting a big bike for weekends. They should know better(been there and done that as well) but the trouble is most of them think they can ride because they did umpteen years ago and don't realise that the roads are a very different place now.

BTW sorry for the big pics but i have not worked out how to do thumbnails yet.
    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

Hi Paul178. Bet, as I wish you had kept the Vincent now, don't you?.
    BTW those silencers, are they "Burgess" ones?. or original.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernfan View Post
    I bet the Princess won

If they were holding a highly unlawful street race, then I would gladly take you up on that bet, the GSX1100ET was one of the worlds fastest production bikes of its era-

Whereas the Princess....well.... let us just say it was not one of the worlds fastest production cars of its era
    Sometimes it's better to be a bumblebee than it is to be Professor Heinkel.

not in the slightest it is actualy a pretty easy test i do however begrudge the 5-600 quid price tag to do it !!
    Down here in Cornwall its £75.00 for practical test, expensive up north!

Baz
    www.wallond.com

Can T22 WT525, Can B2 WD954, Vamp T11 XE921, Pilatus P2 A-125 (cockpits)

Baz. I cannot just believe it only costs £75.00. for the practical test to ride a Donkey on Newquay beach
    Jim.
    Lincolnn .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

They only have three legs..............
    www.wallond.com

Quote Originally Posted by paul178 View Post
    My veiw is anything that keeps youngsters off bikes is a good thing.If that means stiffer tests,high insurance and more regulation on a bikes performance the better. As for those going through the male menopause and getting a big bike for weekends. They should know better(been there and done that as well) but the trouble is most of them think they can ride because they did umpteen years ago and don't realise that the roads are a very different place now.
    Latest local news on the bike front:
    That funny looking lesbian Justin Beiber has just bought himself a home in the area I ride... & also some sort of Ducati as his mate Usher said he should get one...

Quote Originally Posted by spitfireman View Post
    Pretty sure the one I saw had 5....

.. oh wait...

i know to some on here that is probably a weekends pocket money but others work hard in demanding jobs for little reward
    As you claim to work at a bike shop you'd probably be getting a better rate of pay if passed your test as you would be more useful to the business owner.

I'm starting to think you're a complete Walt.

That would have been a Wonkey then!
    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

Down here in Cornwall its £75.00 for practical test, expensive up north!

Baz
    by the time you factor everything in for direct access it is about the going national rate !!

http://www.aceridertraining.co.uk/direct_access.html

As you claim to work at a bike shop you'd probably be getting a better rate of pay if passed your test as you would be more useful to the business owner.

i think if you had the capacity to follow the thread you would realise that the walt is in your bathroom mirror , go and have a look !!

who on earth said i was doing that now i am a support worker for the dissabled and head injury patients

Errr

and for the reccord just because i haven't ridden bigger bikes on road doesn't mean i havent ridden them off roads as cannot be avoided when working at a motorcycle dealers !!

There were 6 of us riding together. The mongfoolery happened between me & the lead rider. Neither I, nor any of the 4 other guys are telepathic. How do you suggest we let the lead know that 2/3rd of the bikes are now stopped?
    Cell phone. Besides, if the lead is even remotely a good driver he will use his/her mirrors and notice the group is missing. At that point he/she can either wait or turn around.

As for the difference between 4 or 5 people on scene, the idiot crashed his bike in a corner with poor visibility. It would be advisable to have one or two people standing before the corner to warn other traffic the road was blocked. Even if it only took seconds for the idiot to get the bike of the road (and I am not saying it took just seconds).
    Click here to view my photos at JetPhotos.net!
    Click here to visit my website!

Quote Originally Posted by bazv View Post
    Errr
    read post 65 then get back to me !!

Quote Originally Posted by tenthije View Post
    Cell phone. Besides, if the lead is even remotely a good driver he will use his/her mirrors and notice the group is missing. At that point he/she can either wait or turn around.

As for the difference between 4 or 5 people on scene, the idiot crashed his bike in a corner with poor visibility. It would be advisable to have one or two people standing before the corner to warn other traffic the road was blocked. Even if it only took seconds for the idiot to get the bike of the road (and I am not saying it took just seconds).
    exactly there was all sorts that should have been done even down to asking yourself .... " why did he go down so easy ???" and if he's hit diesel , is it on my tyres too ??

As for those going through the male menopause and getting a big bike for weekends.
    Paul there isn't nearly as much of this around as what you've been lead to believe.
    Sadly, much of the semi-literate motorcycling press gives the impression that everyone is out for speed etc, but experience on the ground just doesn't bear that out.
    Most of my customers are middle aged but usually you find they're vastly experienced and know their stuff.

ZRX61.
    I laughed out loud at the working in a bike shop bit.
    It does of course beg the question what he was doing there. I have a wok experience lad who comes two afternoons a week for nothing, just to get experience. The Government pay him something or other. Of course he doesn't get to touch too much valuable stuff but he's a nice lad and makes a decent cuppa.

T64--don't tell me, this week you're a brain surgeon..?
    If your job is so badly paid, why don't you go back to motorbike spannering..?
    Send me your CV and I might be able to sort you something out.
    Last edited by Andy in Beds; 22nd April 2012 at 17:01.

by the time you factor everything in for direct access it is about the going national rate !!

http://www.aceridertraining.co.uk/direct_access.html
    CBT and DAS = £140

Booking form here

http://www.lightningpass.com/online-booking-0

Baz
    www.wallond.com

Three legged donkey licence from Newquay:

www.donkeylicencedirectaccess.co.uk

and

www.stopbeingaknob.com

Baz
    www.wallond.com

Quote Originally Posted by paul178 View Post
    That would have been a Wonkey then!
    www.wallond.com

read post 65 then get back to me !!
    Doesn't mention care work just that you worked at a bike shop and then recovering accident bikes
    I worked someplace else before as well but I am still doing the same job just in a different location - so it was a vague post to say the least and does not mention your current job

I have a wok experience lad
    Is he a chinese cook then Andy ??

sorry couldnt resist

Thread Information