Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: RuAF aviation, news and development thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jō Asakura View Post
    The pic above (which I think is slated for the 'Super 30') is the most advanced Russian one yet, and only a step away from a full one-piece panoramic- which will become more widespread in a few years as AM OLED tech matures and becomes commercially viable.

http://russianplanes.net/EN/st/Sukhoi/Su-27SM2/SM3
    Just wondering when is Elbit's next gen display for SH going to be operational? because I think HAL has already jumped on the bandwagon with Elbit on this one. Also opting for Russian MFD's seems a bit odd when money has been spent to acquire tech from Thales and Elbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinblade View Post

AfaIk, the central LCD of the SM3 is slightly wider than the SM's and the outer two are identical.
    Again, cockpits are very different. Just compare pics and information available. SM3 is full glass cockpit while SM have 13 dials.

My bad on the SM2 & SM3, as I struggle to tell the difference between the two.
    I would struggle too, as there is no such thing as SM2.

Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    Su-27SM3 has latest mulitmillion dollar engines, communication,navigation sytem, EW with latest avioncis. so ur assuming they cannot spend few million on radar antenna if they are not able to upgrade the old radar to suitable capability.
    http://russianmilitaryphotos.wordpre.../tag/su-27sm3/
    The weapons suites and avionics on these fighters are far more advanced than those on upgraded Su-27SM fighters, and the radar has also been upgraded. These aircraft also have new glass cockpits and the ability to fire the new medium-range RVV-SD air-to-air missiles.
    Its not a big modernisation, only a well balanced upgrade with modern MFD's but not one piece! and upgraded radar with more modes and ability to fire new missiles. Su-35 is the real modernisation, its mentioned lots of times. I didn't see any Russian one piece MFD yet, as far as i know the whole Russian fighters today has two or three piece MFD's in cockpit but hope we can see something new at Maks-2013

Single piece large russian/belarussian touchscreen MFDs were shown at the last MILEX show in Minsk. Russian or American doesn't matter. All these screens are made in Taiwan :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nopia View Post
    0/100, pretty low score considering I proved the level of drunken BS coming out of Russia by the vary fact the Russian navy commander claimed they be floating 6 carrier battle groups soon, with work starting on them starting in 2012. I wonder how much work is actually going on builinding these 6 carriers.... (here's a hint, non whatsoever, it was drunken nonsense)

I'd say I get at least 75/100 considering the bulk of the claim was 100% correct, minus the 2020 bit but google may be able to throw more light on that..
    At this point you are going in to the negatives. -50/100.

Every link was exactly the same piece of news.

FURTHERMORE, in every piece it said "AFTER 2012"

Theoretically, that could be any time. It's basically a non-actionable piece of news. So again, you fail, but don't worry too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by soyuz1917 View Post
    Single piece large russian/belarussian touchscreen MFDs were shown at the last MILEX show in Minsk. Russian or American doesn't matter. All these screens are made in Taiwan :-)
    I doubt Taiwan makes it. they are more consumer type.
    this place developed plazma a bit earlier than Japanese.
    http://plasmalabs.ru/
    Areas of application monitors our production - is:
    - Military equipment;
    - Air Force;
    - W / e transport;
    - Equipment used in harsh climatic conditions, etc.

Your summary tells the reality as well I found this picture at an indian forum, says first pics of "Super 30" upgraded MKI cockpit,courtesy Irkut at WAFF.

http://www.mycity-military.com/imgs2...spitcabina.jpg

All touch screen, large displays,Giant touch panel on the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by medal64 View Post
    Its not a big modernisation, only a well balanced upgrade with modern MFD's but not one piece! and upgraded radar with more modes and ability to fire new missiles. Su-35 is the real modernisation, its mentioned lots of times. I didn't see any Russian one piece MFD yet, as far as i know the whole Russian fighters today has two or three piece MFD's in cockpit but hope we can see something new at Maks-2013
    New engines, radar, weopons, EW, cockpit, communication/navigation system. is pretty much big upgrade.
    Su-35 is new plane not a modernization. as fuel capacity, FBW, intakes and materials which keep weight down all got changed. you cannot modernize Su-27 into Su-35.

Su-35 is new plane not a modernization.
    Su-35 is a deep modernisation of the Su-27 with new generation materials and technologies. Not a new aircraft, they still shares the same great aerodynamics. Ok it has a new engine, probably its the most expensive part of the modernisation.
    Last edited by medal64; 31st March 2012 at 18:11.

I didn't see any Russian one piece MFD yet, as far as i know the whole Russian fighters today has two or three piece MFD's in cockpit but hope we can see something new at Maks-2013
    I think a single piece display is dangerous for a cockpit in that if it got broken the pilot would essentially lose all the graphic information.
    Multiple displays can provide some level of redundancy.

There was text next to that picture, it said:

Greetings A cockpit of those seen in MAKS ... ... image comes from Aviapanorama
    Maybe it will help a bit .

Quote Originally Posted by HappyFag View Post
    I think a single piece display is dangerous for a cockpit in that if it got broken the pilot would essentially lose all the graphic information.
    Multiple displays can provide some level of redundancy.
    Yes such as if the pilot get injured from the right hand, how will the pilot command the aircraft, but in my opinion if an pilot injures in an aircraft it doesn't take such minor wounds and if an MFD of the aircraft broken because of an air strike, you can't go home safely again as well

Su-35 is a deep modernisation of the Su-27 with new generation materials and technologies. Not a new aircraft, they still shares the same great aerodynamics. And can you prove about Su-27SM has the new engines?
    you can modernize Su-27 into Su-27SM3 but you cannot modernized into Su-35. Su-35 is new aircraft.
    AL-31FM looks similar to basic Al-31. and it is in Sukhoi own press release.
    I think basic Su-27 has 10 suspension points. this Su-27SM3 may have 12 or 14.
    http://www.sukhoi.org/eng/news/company/?id=4596
    The Su-27SM(3) fighter aircraft has a strengthened airframe to enable takeoff weight increased by more than 3 tons and additional suspension points to accommodate weapons. The fighters are equipped with new equipment and weapons complexes as well as with the new AL-31F-M1 turbofan engines produced by the MMPP “Salut”, which are characterized by high thrust and extended time between overhauls.

Yes such as if the pilot get injured from the right hand, how will the pilot command the aircraft, but in my opinion if an pilot injures in an aircraft it doesn't take such minor wounds and if an MFD of the aircraft broken because of an air strike, you can't go home safely again as well

There could be many other troubles.
    What if the display will malfunction or a contact will burn out? Or the pilot would have smashed the screen accidentally?

Quote Originally Posted by Twinblade View Post
    Just wondering when is Elbit's next gen display for SH going to be operational? because I think HAL has already jumped on the bandwagon with Elbit on this one. Also opting for Russian MFD's seems a bit odd when money has been spent to acquire tech from Thales and Elbit.
    Interesting, Elbit's Large Area Display was formerly known as 'Cockpit NG' and is offered for new export SHs and Silent Eagles and later legacy upgrades.
    I'm assuming 'HALbit's' LAD is a collaborative venture for the very same product (it even looks the same), in which case the 'Super 30' would be the prime candidate- at some stage.

Soyuz1917, are these also made in Taiwan (above right)? Incidentally another Irkut product.

Acatomic, that picture may have come from a video screen capture @ MAKS, as it was first posted last October. If so I wonder which stand, Irkut perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyFag View Post
    There could be many other troubles.
    What if the display will malfunction or a contact will burn out? Or the pilot would have smashed the screen accidentally?
    There are many safety standarts for military devices so i don't think they live such problems, i think its mostly about the immaturity of the technology!
    Last edited by medal64; 31st March 2012 at 19:38.

http://russianplanes.net/ID71920

First serial Su-35C, with something interesting under its belly!
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

you can modernize Su-27 into Su-27SM3 but you cannot modernized into Su-35. Su-35 is new aircraft.
    AL-31FM looks similar to basic Al-31. and it is in Sukhoi own press release.
    I think basic Su-27 has 10 suspension points. this Su-27SM3 may have 12 or 14.
    It has 12, two extra on the wings. Not 14.

Su-30MKI with Canards and raised twin cockpit is more than likely to have higher RCS. Bars is not improvement on same scale as IRBIS.
    A twist cassegrain antenna is a RCS nightmare in its own right.

Quote Originally Posted by TR1 View Post
    http://russianplanes.net/ID71920

First serial Su-35C, with something interesting under its belly!
    The missiles? Nah This shot confirms something I've glimpsed on a number of other photos, but wasn't sure about - #01 has braces on the rear inside of its engine nacelles which the other production airframes seem to lack. Perhaps connected to whatever the reason for its non-standard tail cone is (maybe spin testing?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    A twist cassegrain antenna is a RCS nightmare in its own right.
    It does not matter as SM3 has newest ECM. i would not be surprized if it can sniff latest LPI radars.

since it is equiped with longer range weopons with superior acceleration (light weight, uprated engines, less drag) and altitude. it will always have first shot advantage over current Su-30. Radar alone cannot decide superiority of one plane over another.

http://www.sukhoi.org/eng/news/company/?id=4596
    Sukhoi has completed a state contract for the supply of new multi-role Su-27SM(3) fighters to the Russian Air Force

New and upgraded equipment installed at the aircraft allows the use of new “air-to-air” and “air-to-surface” extended range missiles. The capabilities of the aircraft under intense enemy air defense counter-measures were upgraded due to the application of a new set of ECM.

The missiles? Nah This shot confirms something I've glimpsed on a number of other photos, but wasn't sure about - #01 has braces on the rear inside of its engine nacelles which the other production airframes seem to lack. Perhaps connected to whatever the reason for its non-standard tail cone is (maybe spin testing?)?
    What I found interesting is the missiles themselves- might mean serial units will have these in their inventory.

It does not matter as SM3 has newest ECM. i would not be surprized if it can sniff latest LPI radars.

since it is equiped with longer range weopons with superior acceleration (light weight, uprated engines, less drag) and altitude. it will always have first shot advantage over current Su-30. Radar alone cannot decide superiority of one plane over another.
    New ECM =/= Newest ECM.

This shot confirms something I've glimpsed on a number of other photos, but wasn't sure about - #01 has braces on the rear inside of its engine nacelles which the other production airframes seem to lack. Perhaps connected to whatever the reason for its non-standard tail cone is (maybe spin testing?)?
    Nicely spotted, didn't notice them, and the are actually easily seen on for example high res shots from KnAAPO. I think the tail cone/stinger is same as on other Su-35's, difference is that it lacks the triangles.

The avionics suite on the SSJ is a collaboration between Russkaya Avionika and Thales. I'm not sure who makes those screens but its probably sourced through Thales (not really sure if Thales even actually makes screens or pulls them off the shelf) as until fairly recently most of Russkaya Avionikas contribution was software. Now on the MS-21 they are working with Rockwell and half the hardware of more is going to be Russian. 20 minutes on Google and I'm sure you can find the answer.

Those be the famous AWAC killing K-172's right? I'm always horrible with missiles -- they all look like giant dicks to me.

Those be the famous AWAC killing K-172's right? I'm always horrible with missiles -- they all look like giant dicks to me.
    lol, not gonna do a Freudian analysis of this one

And no, missile looks like some R-77 varant. Would be good to know which one.
    Either way, I have not seen any serial, RuAF aircraft carry the missile, so to me this indicates the Su-35C units will get the weapon.

A rare sighting, R-77 on VVS fighter.
    Excess consumption of R-73 can initiate engine damage, control systems failure, and structural integrity collapse.

Can December come faster?

Then we can finally see 6 Su-35C and ~10 Su-34 roll out.

Su-35 is a deep modernisation of the Su-27 with new generation materials and technologies. Not a new aircraft, they still shares the same great aerodynamics. Ok it has a new engine, probably its the most expensive part of the modernisation.
    Come on you guys.. splitting hair are we?
    Technically the Su-35S are both a new aircraft and a deep upgrade.
    Both have new engine and radar, but different new engines and radar.
    When i say new, i mean newly produced.
    The Su-35S differ from older generation Flankers with a slightly different and stronger internal structure, larger fuel tanks, can carry more weight on suspensions/pylons, missing the huge air-break, new FCS bla bla bla.

But seen from 200 meters it looks identical to a Flanker eighter way, so give it a rest will you..
    Thanks

Thread Information