Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: The last Aer Arann and another Russian at London Southend!!

The last Aer Arann and another Russian at London Southend!!

Saturday saw the last Aer Arann Regional branded service from Waterford, before the flights were rebranded to Aer Lingus Regional. A day short of a year after the first Aer Arann flights from Galway and Waterford, EI-CBK, already wearing Aer Lingus colours operated the Waterford rotation.

Sorry to be so nostalgic, but I have diligently photographed charming ever Aer Arann aircraft, whilst being for many months the sole passenger ioerator at Southend. It is very sad to see the brand being lost. I put a slideshow of photos as a tribute here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5sKt...ZDdkxkWVC8g%3D

Quite high arriving Runway 06.

EI-CBK Aer Lingus Regional AT43 at Southend EGMC by AeroPics, on Flickr

After a quick 25 minute turnaround, "Aer Arann 42 Whiskey" backtracks Runway 06 the runway for the last time, passing the church.

I quite like these shots, as it demonstrates how close the church actually is, the fence around the graveyard is only 30 m from the edge of the runway. I look forward to delivering some evening landing shots from there!

I would have photographed the first official Aer Lingus Regional service from Waterford, if it wasn't for the fog to cause it to divert to Luton in old Southend style this morning. Unusual for the weather to be so bad, and must have been to great frustration to the passengers.

Now, probably of more interest to most, here's the former Avia Nova A320 EI-ELD, being towed off stand after arriving the previous evening in new Yamal Airlines colours, the second to do so.

EI-ELD Yamal Airlines A320 at Southend EGMC by AeroPics, on Flickr

Only one more weekend until easyJet starts up operations in earnest, with a press flight to Barcelona scheduled for tomorrow. Exciting times at SEN!

nice pictures

Never apologise for being nostalgic, thankfully its a trait that almost all of us share. Always sad to see the demise of an airline, especially those such as Aer Arann, which have such a colourful history, right back to its beginnings operating Islanders between Galway and the Isle of Arann.
    Last edited by MSR777; 27th March 2012 at 09:32.
    "Behold! The Wings of Horus"

Thread Information