Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Well thats Greggs profits doen the pan!

Well thats Greggs profits doen the pan!

About time too!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17382096

This bit I do not agree with otherwise they will have no idea of the average coppers life. Let them wear out some shoe leather first and then the ar5e of their trousers.

"It says some should join directly as inspectors and superintendents."

I just love the last line, join as an Inspector or Superintendent, you must be joking. They did, some yrs ago take kids straight from Uni, and they were made up to Inspector rank after 2 yrs, They had absolutely no idea of what it was like in the real world, much like Cameron and Co now.and were bl**dy useless, and a liability to who were unfortunate to work under them.
    Needless to say, it didn't last that long.

As for them being unfit, I was 10stone when I was 15, and am still the same weight at 70, get them off their backsides and out on the streets, some of them are so fat, they couldn't even catch a cold.It's up to the individual to keep themselves fit.a matter of self pride.
    As I have so often said before , put EVERYONE from the Chief Constable down on a 2 yearly contract, then notice how quick things change.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

They should all be able to pass a fitness test, it means a higher percentage of the officers will actually be able to chase criminals! They should also make sure there enough riot batons and riot shields for every officer and some training with them so they can all be useful when large numbers are needed.

When I joined, we had to pass not just one but 13 fitness tests, apart from the one you took when you applied and went for an interview, but if you were accepted, you had one every week when doing your 13 week training.
    After a day in the classroom learning Law, studying during the evening, most of us went out on a run.
    No one wanted to fail the fitness test,
    How fast food slows you down, as thats where I often see them buying food when travelling around.

Jim.
    Lincoln .7

long long long overdue !! hip hip hooray !!

can't agree with uni bone heads comming straight out of uni and jumping in front of life and job experienced officers that's a load of male dangly parts !!

ten years ago i worked as a local street warden ( predesesors of the modern plastic police ) some of us were ex forces

the feed back from local business holders in the town centre was " thank god you turned up !! we would have phoned the police but they are bloody hopeless and wouldn't have done anything !!"

once funding ran out from europe our local council dropped the service like a hot pottato and the town centre is no longer patroled regularly , it was a service the whole community loved

it would seem the ideal candidate for the police for many years has been fat idle retards !! that have no b*lls to get stuck into anything that may be covered by health and safety or putting right the naer do wells of society

yet are like a tramp on a dropped pie to book photographers , legal motorists , whilst also making buffoons of themselves because of their lack of knowledge on actual laws

and that's before you get onto the fact they are scruffier than the scrotes they (occasionaly ) arrest

if i or my brother in law had gone out on the street with the attitude , lack of knowledge , and lack of tidyness the current police do our individual bosses would have ****** us up and down

T64. Not much hope of seeing many walking the streets again I'm afraid. This Country couldn't afford to re train them how to put one foot in front of the other, no, it's a lost causeMind you, if they can't walk, should we shoot them like a racehorse?.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Actually I don't think it is strict enough, it should follow the armed forces doctrine, fail the fitness test and you are history, otherwise you will have a station full of slobs taking officers off the frontline. They also need to tear up the job for life and again as per the services have a contracted period which is extendable if you satisfy.

TonyT. Read the last line on thread 2.
    The sooner the better
    Jim.

Lincoln .7

Thread Information