Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 745

Thread: TR1's Great Russian Aviation Thread 7,the return of Timofey Mozgov

  1. #601
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by Levsha View Post
    Doesn't Norway, Finland and Sweden also use conscripts in their air arms?
    Sweden abolished conscription a few years ago. But up till then we used regular conscripts for maitenance, C&C and all other ground based services an modern air force needs. And quite sucessfully so. For all our post WWII designs ease of maitenance has been one fundamental requirement. So that they can operate from war-time road bases and be keept in the air by hastly mobilsed conscripts. (Led by professional officers though, off course).

  2. #602
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,481
    Interesting - so they didn't go straight to #05 afterall!

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,077
    Great stuff, where did you found that Mikoyan ?

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ALBANIA
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by mack8 View Post
    Great stuff, where did you found that Mikoyan ?
    i found in a fighter fan page in bacebook

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,077
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoyan1991 View Post
    i found in a fighter fan page in bacebook
    Do you have a link for it by any chance ? Thanks.

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ALBANIA
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by mack8 View Post
    Do you have a link for it by any chance ? Thanks.
    the page is called "aircraft pictures and video"

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,077
    Thanks.

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Absurdistan
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Interesting - so they didn't go straight to #05 afterall!
    there are still 900 numbers left to 904, no reason for being superstitious...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    <Find a job you like doing, and you'll never have to work a day in your life>

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glarus/ Switzerland
    Posts
    236
    Russia Signs Contract for Navy MiG-29K Fighter Jets



    The Russian Defense Ministry has signed a contract with aircraft maker MiG for the delivery of 20 MiG-29K and four MiG-29KUB carrier-based fighter aircraft, MiG said on Wednesday."Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov and MiG General Director Sergei Korotkov have signed the contract for the delivery of MiG-29K and MiG-29KUB carrier-based fighters," MiG said in a statement.

    MiG wil deliver the aircraft from 2013-2015. The aircraft will operate from Russia's single serving carrier, the Admiral Kuznetsov, with the Northern Fleet based in Murmansk. The value of the deal has not been disclosed.

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    337
    That Radar Nose looks hypnotic ...

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,077
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor2019 View Post
    Russia Signs Contract for Navy MiG-29K Fighter Jets



    The Russian Defense Ministry has signed a contract with aircraft maker MiG for the delivery of 20 MiG-29K and four MiG-29KUB carrier-based fighter aircraft, MiG said on Wednesday."Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov and MiG General Director Sergei Korotkov have signed the contract for the delivery of MiG-29K and MiG-29KUB carrier-based fighters," MiG said in a statement.

    MiG wil deliver the aircraft from 2013-2015. The aircraft will operate from Russia's single serving carrier, the Admiral Kuznetsov, with the Northern Fleet based in Murmansk. The value of the deal has not been disclosed.
    Dude, that happened weeks ago, not "wednesday" ! What clock does this xairforces site of yours work by ? For gods sake this is ridiculous...

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ALBANIA
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by mack8 View Post
    Dude, that happened weeks ago, not "wednesday" ! What clock does this xairforces site of yours work by ? For gods sake this is ridiculous...
    every time i see a post of raptor i Laught
    his "radar" takes the news a month later

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,476
    a pretty reputable source on Su-35 sale to China
    http://www.janes.com/products/janes/...hannel=defence

    Russian industry wary of Su-35 sale to China
    By Reuben F Johnson
    3/16/2012

    Russian fears that China would copy its Sukhoi Su-35 fighter aircraft may yet scupper a deal that Moscow and Beijing are reportedly close to signing for an export sale of the fighter to the People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF).

    A source in the Russian government told the influential Moscow daily Kommersant : "The two sides are in practical agreement regarding the delivery to the PRC [People's Republic of China] of 48 Su-35s at a cost of USD4 billion."

    However, reports on this sale continue with the additional detail that "an unanticipated obstacle to the deal has emerged. Moscow is requiring that Beijing provide a legally binding guarantee that it will refrain from making reverse-engineered copies of the Russian fighter - largely so that this does not create a potential competitor in the market to sell the aircraft to other countries. China is no hurry to provide this guarantee."

    Russian sources close to the Federal Service for Military-Technical Co-operation (FSVTS) state that such a guarantee "is an essential condition" of the sale. Some of the same industry sources point out that the Chinese have used their assistance from Russia or have copied designs to create competitors for almost every class of combat aircraft that Russian industry offers for export and they do not want a repeat of this experience.

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ALBANIA
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Interesting - so they didn't go straight to #05 afterall!
    perhaps they will overcome number 13
    LAND OF EAGLES

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,826
    Quote Originally Posted by J-20 Hotdog View Post
    a pretty reputable source on Su-35 sale to China
    http://www.janes.com/products/janes/...hannel=defence

    Russian industry wary of Su-35 sale to China
    By Reuben F Johnson
    3/16/2012

    Russian fears that China would copy its Sukhoi Su-35 fighter aircraft may yet scupper a deal that Moscow and Beijing are reportedly close to signing for an export sale of the fighter to the People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF).

    A source in the Russian government told the influential Moscow daily Kommersant : "The two sides are in practical agreement regarding the delivery to the PRC [People's Republic of China] of 48 Su-35s at a cost of USD4 billion."

    However, reports on this sale continue with the additional detail that "an unanticipated obstacle to the deal has emerged. Moscow is requiring that Beijing provide a legally binding guarantee that it will refrain from making reverse-engineered copies of the Russian fighter - largely so that this does not create a potential competitor in the market to sell the aircraft to other countries. China is no hurry to provide this guarantee."

    Russian sources close to the Federal Service for Military-Technical Co-operation (FSVTS) state that such a guarantee "is an essential condition" of the sale. Some of the same industry sources point out that the Chinese have used their assistance from Russia or have copied designs to create competitors for almost every class of combat aircraft that Russian industry offers for export and they do not want a repeat of this experience.
    It matters little if China are in no hurry on this deal..
    According to Zelin latest interview, VVS will order up to 100 Su-35S, and it will be the back bone of VVS inventory for years to come..

    I can understand if KnAAPO are interesting in securing export deals for Su-35, but not for a "give away price"
    Thanks

  16. #616
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5,727
    http://aviaforum.ru/showthread.php?t=27147&page=208

    Jacked a bunch of nice photos from here ^



    Su-27SM with Kh-29!



    Su-24 with something not often seen



    Ditto for MiG-29UB



    Loaded up Su-24
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

  17. #617
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,561
    Ka-52 AM Co-axial Alligator ( via AndyB)

    http://www.mediafire.com/?ntn8wauf2u9t5z1
    "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

  18. #618
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glarus/ Switzerland
    Posts
    236
    Russian Defense Ministry to Buy 92 Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback Fighters



    The Russian Defense Ministry has signed a deal for 92 Su-34 Fullback fighter-bombers from the Sukhoi aircraft maker, the ministry said on Thursday.

    The deal under which the warplanes are to be delivered by 2020 was signed by Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov and Sukhoi General Director Igor Ozar.

  19. #619
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    ALBANIA
    Posts
    321
    come on raptor u are becaming ridiculos now.stop it
    LAND OF EAGLES

  20. #620
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near my dog:)
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoyan1991 View Post
    come on raptor u are becaming ridiculos now.stop it
    +1

    Can somebody tell him not to be late 3 weeks every time he posts

  21. #621
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,077
    Couple more pics of Su-35S 04



  22. #622
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5,727


    2008
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

  23. #623
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,077
    Hmm...it seems the last 2 pics of Su-35S red 04 have been jiggled around with Photoshop. Can it be confirmed that it's indeed the 4th Su-35S?

  24. #624
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    69

    Mig-31 full load

    " Spratly and Paracel islands belong to Vietnam "

  25. #625
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by hoapilot View Post
    now thats an impressive load that never gets boring, nor old!

    Does anyone have newer photos of Mig-31 carrying a "full load" . I see wonderful new high-rez pics of Mig-31 everywhere, but hardly any with weapons, or better yet flying with weapons. I don't understand why that is.

    Maybe some upgraded Mig-31 birds with newer weapons ?

    COME ON, someone's got it!

    p.s.
    sorry for ranting.

  26. #626
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Near Colombo, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    973

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by hoapilot View Post
    http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4326/v44846mig31aire8vz6.jpg[/IMG]
    Ahhhhh....yes...... There is something about the classic MiG-31 (and MiG-25). You just never really get fedup of it. Those good ole Soviet day pics have some extra kick in it...

  27. #627
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5,727
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

  28. #628
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,121
    [QUOTE=Wanderlei;1869774]Does anyone have newer photos of Mig-31 carrying a "full load" .[QUOTE]

    There is plenty of new shots with MiG-31 with 4 R-33's, but R-40's are rare.

  29. #629
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    370
    [QUOTE=Berkut;1870126][QUOTE=Wanderlei;1869774]Does anyone have newer photos of Mig-31 carrying a "full load" .

    There is plenty of new shots with MiG-31 with 4 R-33's, but R-40's are rare.
    yes, i wander if they are fazed out. Don't understand why so many are without any missiles under wings, or even without any under the fuselage.

    sorry for being not informed, but how many Mig-31s have undergone upgrade, and what missiles have they been seen with under the belly. I don't mean test samples, or demo units, but service units. Photos of coarse would be extra!!

    thanks

  30. #630
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,481
    Nice view of the MiG-31, showing the complex geometry of the AAM wells - unlike most other fighters with conformal carriage (which have the missiles in +-orientation), the MiG-31 mounts them in x-configuration.

    http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russi...-31/2082356/L/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

- Part of the    Network -

KEY AERO AVIATION NEWS

MAGAZINES

AVIATION FORUM

SHOP

 

WEBSITES