Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Air Power Thread 16

Chinese Air Power Thread 16

Previous thread at http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=106526

Please continue discussion.

WS10B in mass production, the shown engine with gearbox at the bottom, which is designed to power J10B fighter. The B version of WS10 turbofan is said to have 13.2 ton max thrust.

There are several wrapped engines on the floor as well.

For reference only: the J10b roars when powered by the new upgraded WS10 engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNNlN...e_gdata_player

J-10A dropping two LT-2 LGB's ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iacei...layer_embedded
    Attached Images Attached Images  

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
    My working week and my Sunday rest,
    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
    I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
    Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
    Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
    For nothing now can ever come to any good.
    -------------------------------------------------
    W.H.Auden (1945)

Quote Originally Posted by Deino View Post
    Very interesting (al least for me), thanks!!!

1Saludo
    Revista Ejercitos, sometime She will back...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinko View Post
    For reference only: the J10b roars when powered by the new upgraded WS10 engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNNlN...e_gdata_player
    Sounded more like a meow to me.... :diablo:

j/k

while they certainly look like LGBs, the image is kinda small and blurry. Is there a way to be absolutely certain those are guided ammunitions? Is there ANYTHING else in chinese bomb inventory that looks like that?

Plus, can one see a laser designator on the plane? Of course the target could be lased from someplace else, but it'd be nice if j10 selfdesignated it...

edit: oops, didn't click the thumbnail. Yes, it's evidently a LGB. Still, it'd prove more versatility if j10 selfdesignated it.

Any guesses as to what size those bombs were? Look like 1000 kg pieces to me.
    Last edited by totoro; 26th October 2011 at 09:51.

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    while they certainly look like LGBs, the image is kinda small and blurry. Is there a way to be absolutely certain those are guided ammunitions? Is there ANYTHING else in chinese bomb inventory that looks like that?

Plus, can one see a laser designator on the plane? Of course the target could be lased from someplace else, but it'd be nice if j10 selfdesignated it...

edit: oops, didn't click the thumbnail. Yes, it's evidently a LGB. Still, it'd prove more versatility if j10 selfdesignated it.

Any guesses as to what size those bombs were? Look like 1000 kg pieces to me.
    These are 500kg LT-2

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-PLA-G...mozTocId819429

Deino

W.H.Auden (1945)

so there is no visible length difference between 500 and 1000 kg bombs? i ask that because the bombs in the pic are quite long - some 3,95 meters long in fact. can we even be sure the bombs on the pic are lt-2 and not some other lgb? we do know jh7s use different lgbs.

Question

LT-X bomb size reference

J-10 : Link-1, Link-2, Link-3, Link-4, Link-5, Link-6, Link-7, Link-8,

JF-17 : Link-1
    Last edited by QuantumFX; 26th October 2011 at 11:30. Reason: more links

Quote Originally Posted by killerbean View Post
    Sounded more like a meow to me.... :diablo:

j/k
    This one shows the WS-10A powered J-10B taking off. (From 10.:20) The spool up time is pretty quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu6DgaZxMeA

Well the J-10 is now working into exactly what Pakistan want. Fully multi-role with precision and stand off munitions, BVR capability, AESA radar, open architecture allowing easy integration of systems and a chinese engine with a possible thrust vectoring capability. Of course Pakistan will also want to have a Martin Baker seat and a few other local choices of system.

I am inclined to think that with the PAF having its hands full inducting updated MLU F16, new F16 and JF17 that they can wait for China to finish maturing the J-10B variant with a Chinese engine.

I think the recent further purchase of engines from Russia is purely to support Chinese needs with its current fleet.
    Because sometimes in life we need a bit of fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXNAp3mKepc

Does anyone know if inner hardpoints on j10 are wired for weapons usage, or are they there primarely for tanks? I ask this as on f16 inner points don't seem to be used for anything else but tanks. Then again, f16 has more hardpoints overall. Was a j10 in service (NOT a show model) shown carrying anything other than tanks on the inner stations?

Also, so far we know middle hardpoints on j10 can carry some 500-600 kg of weight. Do we have proof of them carrying more weight?

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    Does anyone know if inner hardpoints on j10 are wired for weapons usage, or are they there primarely for tanks? I ask this as on f16 inner points don't seem to be used for anything else but tanks. Then again, f16 has more hardpoints overall. Was a j10 in service (NOT a show model) shown carrying anything other than tanks on the inner stations?

Also, so far we know middle hardpoints on j10 can carry some 500-600 kg of weight. Do we have proof of them carrying more weight?
    Just to follow up on that, most of the static display models of the J-10 show fuselage hardpoints mounted with pods and A2G ordnance, similar to the configuration on the Typhoon, and shown in the pics posted by QuantumFX. However, AFAIK, I've never yet seen an operational/flying J-10 with these hardpoints or anything attached.

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/sho...89#post1814789
    Quote Originally Posted by i.e. View Post
    On a complete tangent,

the initial export customer for J-10 did ask for integrating standoff weapons capability in their aircraft. so in next couple of month there might be photos surfacing of J-10s flying around chengdu with pods and weapons strapped on them.

Bingo ...

W.H.Auden (1945)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rookh View Post
    Just to follow up on that, most of the static display models of the J-10 show fuselage hardpoints mounted with pods and A2G ordnance, similar to the configuration on the Typhoon, and shown in the pics posted by QuantumFX. However, AFAIK, I've never yet seen an operational/flying J-10 with these hardpoints or anything attached.
    I haven't seen anything carried on those fuselage hardpoints by any operational J-10s either, though some of the initial prototypes had either live or dummy ordnance attached.

Check the 1 attachment. Seem to have dual bomb rack in the center fuselage pylon :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J-10_LGB2.jpg 
Views:	1868 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	200773   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J-10_bomb.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	200774   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j10d.jpg 
Views:	638 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	200775  

^ Nice catch, I've seen that pic before and only noticed now there was a dual rack on the centre fuselage pylon.
    Also note the random rocket launcher on the inner wing pylon where fuel tanks usually sit... so clearly they can at least carry something other than tanks.

But does that mean the PLAAF's J-10As didn't want/need PGM/stand off capabilities on their own aircraft, if it's only for export? ie; is the pic we saw showing a trial run rather than operational aircraft in PLAAF?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post

But does that mean the PLAAF's J-10As didn't want/need PGM/stand off capabilities on their own aircraft, if it's only for export? ie; is the pic we saw showing a trial run rather than operational aircraft in PLAAF?

That pic is from an exercise, and that airplane is from a standard line PLAAF regiments.

btw, still no picture of that Turkish Airforce pilot posing infront of a 27UBK with an PLAAF shoulder patch yet?

Quote Originally Posted by i.e. View Post
    That pic is from an exercise, and that airplane is from a standard line PLAAF regiments.

btw, still no picture of that Turkish Airforce pilot posing infront of a 27UBK with an PLAAF shoulder patch yet?
    Talking about this?

http://club.mil.news.sina.com.cn/vie...php?tid=411920

yes.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Check the 1 attachment. Seem to have dual bomb rack in the center fuselage pylon :
    Very interesting, thanks for those. I think that last pic must be the first one I've seen where all 4 fuselage hardpoints are occupied (5 if you count the centre line tank as well).

Exclamation

Some news from China ...

1. a J-10A numbered 95602 ...could this be the rumoured 10. PLANAF division ??? (9. Div. = 8xx9x // 10. Div. = 9xx0x)

2. The FC-1 finally with the YJ-83K ASM

3. the Y-8 rotodome AEW numbered 9391 ... for the PLANAF (if true)

Deino
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J-10A 6-02 - 95602 faked maybe.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	200956   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J-10A 6-02 - 95602 faked maybe 02.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	200957   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FC-1 + YJ-83.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	200958   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FC-1 + YJ-83 - 02.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	200959  
    Last edited by Deino; 5th March 2012 at 14:12.

W.H.Auden (1945)

3. the Y-8 rotodome AEW numbered 9391 ... for the PLANAF (if true)

Deino
    Seems to be simply a faked PAF-bird

W.H.Auden (1945)

Thumbs down

Seems to be simply a faked PAF-bird

Quote Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
    Well the J-10 is now working into exactly what Pakistan want. Fully multi-role with precision and stand off munitions, BVR capability, AESA radar, open architecture allowing easy integration of systems and a chinese engine with a possible thrust vectoring capability. Of course Pakistan will also want to have a Martin Baker seat and a few other local choices of system.

I think the recent further purchase of engines from Russia is purely to support Chinese needs with its current fleet.
    if the wa-10 engine is in production,then the recent purcase of russian al-31 just show the unreability of chinese engine.they dont wont to risk to equip all its fighter with wa-10 engines so they deversify its engines to make a balance between the safety(al-31) and stimulaty local production (wa-10)
    Last edited by mikoyan1991; 5th November 2011 at 20:54. Reason: error

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by mikoyan1991 View Post
    if the wa-10 engine is in production,then the recent purcase of russian al-31 just show the unreability of chinese engine.they dont wont to risk to equip all its fighter with wa-10 engines so they deversify its engines to make a balance between the safety(al-31) and stimulaty local production (wa-10)
    Is it really that difficult ... or once again taking only that part of the story which fits the own opinion best ??? So once again for the x-th time ... even if You won't like it:

YES, the WS-10A is in mass production ... the J-11B/BS and J-15 are rolling off the production line powered by the TH ... even the J-10B was testd for the first time with it ... but Shenyang Lyming can't produce enough of them and - in this point the most important thing: they are to replace older enines in already manufactured aircraft and newly produced of this old version which can't fit the WS-10A.

As such taking the USAF's persistant use buying/maintaining of F100-PW-100 for their old F-15C/D as a sign of unreability of a US engine is as wrong as taking Your statement. These old Eagles simply can not be re-engined (at least economically) to the latest F110-GE-129 as these early Su-27SK and J-11 cant to the TH !

Or is there still someting You don't understand ??

Deino

W.H.Auden (1945)

Are the dimensions that different from the Al-31? Sukhoi has had no problem re-fitting "vanilla" Su-27 with more powerful Al-31FM1s for example, although that only applies to a certain point (Su-35 has slightly larger 117S).
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

Is it really that difficult ... or once again taking only that part of the story which fits the own opinion best ??? So once again for the x-th time ... even if You won't like it:

YES, the WS-10A is in mass production ... the J-11B/BS and J-15 are rolling off the production line powered by the TH ... even the J-10B was testd for the first time with it ... but Shenyang Lyming can't produce enough of them and - in this point the most important thing: they are to replace older enines in already manufactured aircraft and newly produced of this old version which can't fit the WS-10A.

As such taking the USAF's persistant use buying/maintaining of F100-PW-100 for their old F-15C/D as a sign of unreability of a US engine is as wrong as taking Your statement. These old Eagles simply can not be re-engined (at least economically) to the latest F110-GE-129 as these early Su-27SK and J-11 cant to the TH !

Or is there still someting You don't understand ??

Deino
    chinese ws-10 is better than al-31 .come on man,everyone knows the unreability of chinese engines,their short life,and ofter mainteinens.the problem is not their unability to built them in large number but are the reasons that i just explained.judging of your words china can built faster a fighter than its engines

Thread Information