Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Thread: What made you (want to) Swear Today III?

[QUOTE=Blue_2;1866028]Well she is going to the scrapyard in the sky, but not before I've dismantled her and sold the parts. After all, the money may as well come back to my pocket than some scrapyards'.
    The next project will hopefully start this year. A 1981 (I think) BGT LE, which may recieve a V8 :diablo:
    As to rust, longevity etc. Come back and speak to me about that when Hairdresser 1&2 have made it to their 40th year like the blue B did!.

I would love to Graham, but I doubt if I will still be here in 40 yrs time, that would make me 110 :diablo:
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln 7 View Post
    Blue 2. Wished I had known you had 2 spots for sale. I enquired at the Beemer garage where we got HD 1 and 2 from for two spots for mine. I was quoted........................£1,400.00 I said I wanted 2 spots, not another Mini
    Apparently they have to be wired through the ECU. don't know if thats the only way, I cant see why you cant wire them from the battery through an in line fuze, and switch in the cockpit, anyone know?.
    I'd imagine they'd be too large to look right on a mini to be honest mate. As to the wiring, I suspect its the BMW electric string wizardry that pushes the price up!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Marlee View Post
    although, the thought of you trying to audition for dancing on ice brings a smile to my face
    I've ice skated twice in my life, both times with disastrous results. This episode has only increased my distaste for all thing cold...
    Victor XL231 Blog- http://victorxl231.blogspot.com/
    Home of the V-force on the web: http://twittervforce.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_2 View Post
    The next project will hopefully start this year. A 1981 (I think) BGT LE, which may recieve a V8 :diablo:
    Give me a shout if you need a hand with that, I did a V8 conversion a couple of years ago. There's a lot of misinformation out there.

Any excuse for spanner wielding, garage banter and possibly bbq and beer sounds good to me mate!

Scott that is hard going mate. Funerals are always hard and it is one of them things where it all seems final. I think that people deal with it in various ways though, like you can always do something to keep your friends memory alive. We built a rockery in our garden to commemorate my grandad when he died in 1996. We put his favourite flowers in it.
    My dads mum died in 2009 and every thursday he goes to her grave to make sure all the flowers on it are all looking nice etc.

Perhaps you can find some sort of consolation in doing something similar?
    Y.N.W.A

Taking my mum to hospital this morning to be admitted for tests, and a woman was outside, 7 months pregnant at a guess, "'aving a fag...."

surely that could be classed as an offence of some sort...... if the medical facts on the dangers of smoke to unborn babies are as clear as they are when quoted on health warnings.... surely it would stand up ?
    You can teach monkies to fly better than that....

The wart on the ass-end of humanity (Penicuik)
    Arranging to have my gran's dog put down this afternoon....
    There is nothing to fear but fear itself. And spiders. F**k spiders.

Daren Cogdon

My neighbour,with everything to live for,hung himself and his ten year old son found his body.
    `Information is the currency of democracy`. Thomas Jefferson

thinking about this month lost 3 people in 3 weeks this is the worst month ive ever had and to top it off, as of the 1st of april, theres even less money coming into the house, were struggling as it is :@
    Project Oblivion-Coming Soon

At The Going Down Of The Sun
    And In The Morning
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!!

R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by hindenburg View Post
    My neighbour,with everything to live for,hung himself and his ten year old son found his body.
    That's horrific. My sympathies to you.
    Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Marlee View Post
    thinking about this month lost 3 people in 3 weeks this is the worst month ive ever had and to top it off, as of the 1st of april, theres even less money coming into the house, were struggling as it is :@
    Oh Scott,what an awful time you're having. Enjoy the sunshine today,things can only get better.
    Today I get to scatter Mum and Dad's ashes near the RAF base where they spent some happy times together during the war. That's the two of them dead and scattered to the four winds in four weeks and a day.Sometimes life's tough.
    Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.

having the conversation today with a doctor about mums "care wishes", stay at home, look to hospice, or local hospital (the last one is a non starter).

So, with mum having passed away, and having told the children that they lost their grandmother, the ex in-laws and ex wife have not said a word, no word of condolence, no card, no call. How spiteful and petty is that, death can bring out anger, this is where mine seems to be focusing.....

That's just pathetic, I swear I don't understand people.

My sympathies mate.

Sad news mate. Very sad. Sounds like your ex-wife and ex-in-laws are uncaring and selfish.
    My deepest sympathy. I am ever so sorry.
    Y.N.W.A

sorry to hear that Jon, thoughts are with you and the nippers, hope everything works out for you soon
    Project Oblivion-Coming Soon

At The Going Down Of The Sun
    And In The Morning
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!!

R.I.P

On the morning of the funeral, ex wife (knowing the day) started to text me to ask me to drop kids clothes etc to her in the afternoon while the wake was ongoing.....

So I dropped the stuff in the morning at the ex in-laws, and when they offered condolences, I put them straight on the niceties of life in terms of sending a message to their grandchildren at a sad time.

People never cease to amaze me.....

Very sorry to hear about your sad news, BSG-75. Having lost my Mum over a couple of years ago I understand how much of a loss it is, sadly, we tend to realise how much one really cares and loves a Mother only after they're gone. Hope you cope well despite issues with other family members.

My rant is nothing serious compared to BSG-75's issues but I hope I can produce a few giggles with my rant.

So, whats made me swear quite a few times since around March? Being a huge Guitar fan and working as a Guitar Technician, being a fan of Gibson, they've finally made me flip - so much so I could write a letter out of anger, very British indeed. Anyone familiar with Guitars will be familiar with Gibson and be familiar with their no nonsense Les Paul Studio range. I have a few Gibson Guitars, one of which is the Les Paul Studio in Dark Wine Red/Gold hardware/Black scratch plate, a beautiful (but evil) looking thing. So after hearing that Gibson had announced a few weeks/months ago that they'll have a new range of the Les Paul Studio for 2012 I was rather excited...Until I seen their "new" selection...

Spec wise, fine, much lighter, updated pick-ups (which is great)...But it starts to go a bit wrong, Granadillo (a type of wood) finger board which is great stuff for tone etc, but looks a bit cheap & tacky. Older specs had Rosewood/Ebony fingerboards. A couple of other things such as the 'pull-push' dials for the Pick-ups which aren't really needed for this particular Guitar in my opinion and goes against this model's policy of "simplicity"...But the worst thing, is the colour of the scratch plate and pick-up surroundings...A dull Cream. Dull Cream, Wine Red with Gold Hardware does not go together...At all!

The Gibson website advertises this Cream colour on the model, no mention of Black. So one presumes the latter colour has been discontinued? Maybe, or maybe not? Try talking to Gibson and asking whats up and you'll be none the wiser, however there is talk that the new 2012 spec Les Paul Studios do come with Black parts apparantly but officially Gibson haven't advertised this yet, to my knowledge anyway. Where I work, we're due a batch of these new models in the next few days or so, proberly the sickly coloured ones first I imagine (*cough* even though we requested differently *cough*).

Despite having more Ibanez Guitars than Gibson, at the moment they're my favourite Guitar but my beloved 7 string (and 8 string) Ibanezs sometimes top-trumps them, depending on my mood & what I play. But I do wish Gibson would pull their finger out and stick to their policy more often.

Unimportant rant over....For now!
    Last edited by EELightning; 4th May 2012 at 21:48.

EElightning
    Wouldn't the Company concerned make you a bespoke Guitar of your specs?, just a thought.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Could do...But I'd have to pay through the nose for it, and after already paying a very high price for the Gibsons I already have, thats already more than enough. I'm more miffed at their way of marketing than of the Guitars themselves. Theres been occassions where I've enquired directly, for customers, for some things in particular about a partcular Gibson and to find out I've been fed the wrong information. On the former front I just wish they had just a wee bit more options for the more subtle things.

WHY

Finding out the "WHY" Post has been scrubbed, just when it was getting interesting.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Have you asked the question?
    www.wallond.com

Can T22 WT525, Can B2 WD954, Vamp T11 XE921, Pilatus P2 A-125 (cockpits)

WHY Oh WHY, was the WHY post scrubbed.Now you can tell me WHY, Baz, as you seem to know, WHY.:diablo:
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Sorry mate, wasn't following it........er, what was the original question?
    www.wallond.com

Can T22 WT525, Can B2 WD954, Vamp T11 XE921, Pilatus P2 A-125 (cockpits)

Sorry, Lincoln7. Were you asking me a question or did I answer you wrongly?...

My Arogant, Rude, Stroppy, selfcentered, uncaring Cow of a Daughter !!!!
    " If a Test pilot tells you something that's so bloody complicated you can't understand it, then its all Balls "

R.J Mitchell

BSG-75, your ex-wife is unbelievable. How stupid and selfish can she be?

Flytst, sounds like your daughter has really frustrated you!
    Y.N.W.A

Quote Originally Posted by EELightning View Post
    Sorry, Lincoln7. Were you asking me a question or did I answer you wrongly?...
    Hi. No it was a genuine question addressed to your good self, asking if you could have a bespoke guitar made, by the Company whoes products you have several of.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln 7 View Post
    Hi. No it was a genuine question addressed to your good self, asking if you could have a bespoke guitar made, by the Company whoes products you have several of.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7
    Hi. Sorry, I thought I missed something you said. But yeah, anyone could but as I say you'd have to pay a significant amount. Even the most simple things you'd have to pay a silly amount. Sometimes its just better to buy a Gibson out of the store and simply spend a few extra quid, not much, and get a few things you want changed, and they happen to be the most subtle changes that make a big difference regarding looks and style, and this is my beef with Gibson, their range of options can be rather poor especially how much they charge - which a lot of the time is a ridiculous amount. We had one in store costing as much as it makes no difference, £11,000. Very special Guitar...But not that special, not as special as the guy that bought it, and he wasn't that good at playing the thing. Flippin Cookoo!

Saying that I've been guilty once.................Or twice. *Holds head in shame* But it was/is very special.

The ones I currently have were pricey but worth it. I could easily justify the costs but theres a limit one would spend especially when you scratch away at the surface on some of them to see whats underneath.

Damn and blast I couldn't half swear, I think I should write a letter to Gibson. Grrrr I could use harsh language! Bl00dy! Yes, you heard me right the first time - BL00DY!!!

But hey, if you want some advice on a Guitar just let me know. I feel bad selling them at silly prices and basically...Doing so with a forced grin! lol

Hi EEL, At least you can have a laugh about it, and as Moggy told me once, you can't take it with you.
    Jim.
    Lincoln .7

Thread Information