Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What Made You Smile Today III?

Can't think of anyone who frequents this forum who'd find smut in that statement...!
    Victor XL231 Blog- http://victorxl231.blogspot.com/
    Home of the V-force on the web: http://twittervforce.com/

off to see HMS Ark Royal leave the tyne for the final time in an hour
    Project Oblivion-Coming Soon

At The Going Down Of The Sun
    And In The Morning
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!!

R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_2 View Post
    Can't think of anyone who frequents this forum who'd find smut in that statement...!
    Nor me, wonder what Daz was thinking of.......
    What really matters is what you do with what you have.

SKY HIGH

The wart on the ass-end of humanity (Penicuik)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_2 View Post
    Well, it was just in case....
    There is nothing to fear but fear itself. And spiders. F**k spiders.

Daren Cogdon

2 things, its snowing

and i just got a job at Asda for the crimbo season

And In The Morning
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!!

R.I.P

Nice one Scott! Pennies in time for christmas is always a good thing. I'm smiling because it's nearly the weekend. And it promises to be a good one...!

Seeing some one special smile for the first time in months.
    Quam bene vivas refert, non quam diu.

induction day at work

and this line from fawlty towers

*if you give us anymore trouble, il visit you in the small hours of the night and shove a bat up your night dress*

haha i love basil

And In The Morning
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!!

R.I.P

Daughter invited me to Wolverhampton for a couple of nights so we can go to the Christmas market in Birmingham.
    I can't sleep on her floor because her student house is freezing and far too cold for an old girl.
    Hmmm,this is going to cost me ..... but I get to see her hamster too.Just as well it's got long fur if it's that cold where she lives.
    Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
    Daughter invited me to Wolverhampton for a couple of nights so we can go to the Christmas market in Birmingham.
    I can't sleep on her floor because her student house is freezing and far too cold for an old girl.
    Hmmm,this is going to cost me ..... but I get to see her hamster too.Just as well it's got long fur if it's that cold where she lives.
    She never offered you her bed?

I wouldn't take it ... her boyfriend stays over and I'm not altogether sure how often the sheets get washed
    Anyway,she has fibromyalgia and if she slept on the floor she'd be in a worse state than me
    Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.

No smiles here since 26th November. But now it has snowed a lot and the big bonus is schools closed, presumably in case little Jimmy slips over and grazes his knee, so the curse of the 4x4 school run is banished - for a couple of days at least.

SKY HIGH

This did...

The

Cab Ride

I Arrived at the address and honked the horn.After waiting a few minutes I walked to the Door and knocked... 'Just a minute', answered a Frail, elderly voice. I could hear something Being dragged across the floor. After A long pause, the door opened. A small woman in Her 90's stood before me. She was wearing a Print dress and a pillbox hat with a veil pinned On it, like somebody out of a 1940's Movie. By her side was a small nylon Suitcase. The apartment looked as if no one had
    Lived in it for years. All the furniture was Covered with sheets.There were no Clocks on the walls, no knickknacks or utensils On the counters. In the corner was a cardboardBox filled with photos and Glassware...

'Would you carry my bag Out to the car?' she said. I took the suitcase To the cab, then returned to assist the Woman.She took my arm and we walked Slowly toward the curb. She kept Thanking me for my kindness. 'It's nothing', I Told her... 'I just try to treat my passengers The way I would want my mother Treated. 'Oh, you're such a good Boy, she said.. When we got in the cab, she gave Me an address and then asked, 'Could you drive Through downtown?' 'It's not the Shortest way,' I answered Quickly.. Oh, I don't mind,' she Said. 'I'm in no hurry. I'm on my way to a Hospice....

I looked in the rear-view Mirror. Her eyes were glistening. 'I don't have Any family left,' she continued in a soft Voice.. 'The doctor says I don't have very Long.' I quietly reached over and shut off the Meter. 'What route would you like me To take?' I asked. For the next two Hours, we drove through the city. She showed me The building where she had once worked as an
    Elevator Operator. We drove through the Neighborhood where she and her husband had lived When they were newlyweds She had me pull up in Front of a furniture warehouse that had once Been a ballroom where she had gone dancing as a Girl.

Sometimes she'd ask me to slow In front of a particular building or corner and Would sit staring into the darkness, saying Nothing..As the first hint of sun was Creasing the horizon, she suddenly said, 'I'm Tired.. Let's go now'. We drove in Silence to the address she had given me. It was A low building, like a small convalescent home,With a driveway that passed under a Portico. Two orderlies came out to The cab as soon as we pulled up. They were Solicitous and intent, watching her every move,They must have been expecting her.

I Opened the trunk and took the small suitcase to The door. The woman was already seated in a Wheelchair.'How much do I owe you?' She asked, reaching into her Purse. 'Nothing,' I Said 'You have to make a living,' she Answered. 'There are other
    Passengers,' I responded. Almost Without thinking, I bent and gave her a hug. She Held onto me tightly. 'You gave an Old woman a little moment of joy,' she Said. 'Thank you.' I squeezed her Hand, and then walked into the dim morning Light.. Behind me, a door shut.. It was the sound Of the closing of a life.. I didn't Pick up any more passengers that shift. I drove Aimlessly lost in thought. For the rest of that Day, I could hardly talk. What if that woman had Gotten an angry driver, or one who was impatient To end his shift? What If I had refused to take the run, or had honked Once, then riven away?

On a quick Review, I don't think that I have done anything More important in my life. We're Conditioned to think that our lives revolve Around great moments. But great Moments often catch us unaware-beautifully Wrapped in what others may consider a small One.

PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID ~BUT~THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL.....
    Life

may not be the party we hoped for, but while we

are here we might as well dance

Author unknown.....
    Last edited by Peter; 2nd December 2010 at 14:52.
    Cheers,Peter
    "Merlins always drip oil, when they don't....worry!"
    http://lancasterfm159.freeservers.com/

In a world where courtesy, good manners, generosity of spirit and selflessness are at a premium those small acts of kindness really do stand out - and make a difference.

SKY HIGH

In nubibus & Royal Military Academy Sandhurst
    Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.

http://planemadanna.blogspot.co.uk/

The first quality needed is audacity

A rebate from the tax man.

My impulse buy of a James Bond Scalextric and the attempt at self justification by saying its for the kids.....
    You can teach monkies to fly better than that....

Scalextric.

Brilliant !! I done something similar a few years ago when I bought a flying model Hurricane that I saw in a shop. Told the assistance to wrap it up as it was a birthday present for a 10 year old cousin.

Decree Nisi day

smile or swear, or both..... ummm
    You can teach monkies to fly better than that....

The cat has just stolen my lunch. I dunno whether to laugh or swear, really...

Daren Cogdon

Well, we could laugh and you could swear......

SKY HIGH

Thank you for your concern...

Daren Cogdon

See? Everyone on this forum's just all heart!

:diablo:Frankie Boyle:diablo:
    One hand on the joystick, the other on the ripcord!

"Distiller ... arrogant, ruthless, and by all reports (including his own) utterly charming"

What made me smile today? Well 3 things:

1. My girlfriend is moving from Dubai, UAE to live with me here in Newcastle Upon Tyne just after the new year in my lovely, Heavy Metal/Rock themed -but rather pleasant, homely & cosy-flat. Really can't wait for that, been together for....Ehm?....1, 2, 3?.....Eh?....Almost 4(?) years now.

2. And, I've got a ticket, (For the girlfriend too) for Iron Maiden. Well I got them a few weeks ago but I'm still smiling today because I got them. Woohoo!

3. We got a bunch of new stock of guitars in store today, FINALLY, and I seen a stunning 7 string guitar, and smiled...And instead of "working", I just couldn't help but plug it in & have a go at it. Well you've got to test it haven't you? It's part of my job! Yeah? Although it doesn't take me an *cough* hour...Or two...*cough* *cough* to "test" a new product and...Oh b*ll*ocks to it- I want it and I think I'll add to me collection? Muahaha!

you know i dont live far from newcastle , i may pop in and have a go

good news though, you should bring her to NEAM for a visit if she has an interest in aircraft

And In The Morning
    WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!!

R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Marlee View Post
    you know i dont live far from newcastle , i may pop in and have a go

good news though, you should bring her to NEAM for a visit if she has an interest in aircraft
    SUNDERLAND? No comment. Kidding. LOL

Yeah pop in, I'll be the guy half a sleep on a stool in the corner...Pretending to work.

Nah shes not really interested in aeroplanes, she's more into all things Heavy Metal and likes to see me in great pain, just for the kick of it, you know. Wicked sense of humour, but then again, I would have laughed my **** off too if I was her and sitting next to me while getting quite a big tattoo on my back and being in quite a lot of pain. B***dy killed that did, I'd rather go through the pain of getting my sleeves done again. lol

Looks ruddy good though. Worth going through the pain, and being laughed at but hey-ho, thats life.

Thread Information