Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Which Beatles Pan Am 707?

Which Beatles Pan Am 707?

I am trying to find out which Pan Am Boeing 707 “The Beatles” flew back from NY to London Heathrow on, on 22 February 1964 following their US Tour? I know they flew on 7th February 1964 from London to New York on N704PA “Jet Clipper Defiance” for their US tour , but it is the RETURN aircraft I am interested in researching?
    This aircraft had a sticker applied over the name making it “Jet Clipper Beatles”, but did it fly across the Atlantic with this sticker on, or was it applied on landing at Heathrow?

Hope you can help.
    Adrian

http://www.itnsource.com/compilation.../?lr=S16110603
    Clip 77
    “Jet Clipper Beatles” was applied on landing at Heathrow

Quote Originally Posted by wieesso View Post
    http://www.itnsource.com/compilation.../?lr=S16110603
    Clip 77
    “Jet Clipper Beatles” was applied on landing at Heathrow
    Thank, but that clip does not indicate that. Attached is a still from British Pathe's newsreel that shows it was 707-331 N704PA used both ways as it is is seen here taxying in at Heathrow with the sticker already on.
    A response from the Pan Am Society website has since advised that the sticker was applied in New york and survived the trans-atlantic flight. Don't you just love this trivia?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Adrian

Was watching the arrival (on tv) of the Pope's aircraft (modern 2-engined thingey with windows) and was interested to see, first, a union jack appear outside the cockpit then (eventually), on the other side, a Papal flag.

When the camera zoomed in you could just make out the brackets fitting the flag to the window frame. I wondered if they were an official manufacturer's piece of equipment or something a fitter had knocked up at Alitalia's workshops?

Sorry, not very historic

Roger Smith.
    A Blenheim, Beaufighter and Beaufort - together in one Museum. Who'd have thought that possible in 1967?

Thread Information